ADVERTISEMENT

ZION HARMON - City of Palms (Dec 2019)

UKPhilly

Junior
Jan 19, 2005
(Dec 2019) ZION HARMON – Marshall County H. S. (Benton, KY) – 2019 City of Palms. 2021 class. 6’0”; 180 lbs; PG; Ranked #36, 4-star by 247Sports. Lost to Fort Myers H. S. (Fort Myers, FL) 74-71; Lost to Roman Catholic H. S. (Philadelphia, PA) 79-26; and without Zion the beat Sarasota H. S. (Sarasota, FL) 55-50. Frankly, Marshall County was over-matched in a tourney where half of the teams are nationally ranked. Fort Myers H. S. is not one of those powers. I had not seen Zion before and knew nothing about him. One of the first things I noticed is his exceptional ball handling ability. The ball is on a string! He started off the first game cold before shooting lights out until the end of the close game when he missed a 3, missed the front end of a 1 +1, and missed a 2. Not afraid to shoot? Zion shot 15-34 with 6-19 3’s, 9 assists, and 5 TO’s. In the second game against Roman Catholic, one of the top teams in Philadelphia, Zion hurt his wrist early in the 2nd Q. When it appeared he would not return, I left to go eat lunch. He ended up playing almost 26 minutes, but hit only 2-14, including 0-5 3’s. Zion is not tall, but appears to have long arms. Shows almost no emotion at any time during the game. He gets his shots away quickly and with ease. His step-back 3 was rarely contested. Very smooth on drives when the chance presents itself. However, if I were a Marshall County fan I would be concerned that Zion shoots too much, getting the rest of the team not moving, but waiting for Zion to shoot. Without Zion, they played a gutsy game against a mediocre Sarasota H. S. (FL) and winning by 55-50.

ADVERTISEMENT