ADVERTISEMENT

Zion’s last tweet-

“Nothing is given. Everything is earned.” Sounds familiar-

quote-in-northeast-ohio-nothing-is-given-everything-is-earned-you-work-for-what-you-have-lebron-james-65-92-74.jpg

He’s right you know...

Before I was born God told me If I would hike the golden mountain everyday I’d grow big and strong in my life and could be anything I wanted to be. I declined, I mean the food was so good up there. I just didn’t want to do it.

Boy am I paying now. Wish I had earned a 6’7 frame and 280 lbs of solid mobility. Life would have been much easier had I earned it.

Learn before you live......

Some posters are just A#@holes Zion, others were given the same chance but decided to remain 280+ lbs, behind a keyboard making passive aggressive remarks on a msg board. Living vicariously through their online personas...
Sheesh

Reactions: brdmn22 and track42
He’s right you know...

Before I was born God told me If I would hike the golden mountain everyday I’d grow big and strong in my life and could be anything I wanted to be. I declined, I mean the food was so good up there. I just didn’t want to do it.

Boy am I paying now. Wish I had earned a 6’7 frame and 280 lbs of solid mobility. Life would have been much easier had I earned it.

Learn before you live......
Probably the dumbest thing I've read in some time. Someone's bitter about their life.

By your moronic logic, someone like Elon Musk hasn't really earned anything because he was just born with a higher intellect than other people.

Probably the dumbest thing I've read in some time. Someone's bitter about their life.

By your moronic logic, someone like Elon Musk hasn't really earned anything because he was just born with a higher intellect than other people.

I don't know what's worse. The fact that you took any of that seriously, or the fact that you believe there's a realistic correlation between LEARNING and being born 8'0 tall with spring board stilt legs.

Anyone with average ability intellectually can become a doctor. Try making an NBA roster without the body or speed. rarely seen.

But I mean really it wasn't meant to be taken serious.

Btw, I would rather be an NBA basketball player than what I do, but my life is doin great. College has been over for a while and I get to chit chat with guys like you during the day.

Do you? He's using sarcasm to convey the point that Williamson didn't earn his athleticism or height/weight. What's hard to understand about that? You seem to be struggling.
Williamson earned his weight. Completely agree. But if you think he earned he "earned" his height... lmao.

And no, I've posted back and forth a bit with morg. He was not insulting Zion. he was making a harmless that went over your head and now you're trying to justify why everything and every point in time should be taken with 100% seriousness.

Lighten the eff up, learn to take a joke, or put me on ignore. I really don't care which route you take. I'm buzzed and you can't steal that from me!

Williamson earned his weight. Completely agree. But if you think he earned he "earned" his height... lmao.

And no, I've posted back and forth a bit with morg. He was not insulting Zion. he was making a harmless that went over your head and now you're trying to justify why everything and every point in time should be taken with 100% seriousness.

Lighten the eff up, learn to take a joke, or put me on ignore. I really don't care which route you take. I'm buzzed and you can't steal that from me!

Yea I mean, I think that guy doesn't like me. Probably politically motivated. There's a few that read my post on the political thread and seem to follow me around looking for something to bitch about. It's like a badge of honor really.

I guess I should clarify.

Zion didn't spend his weekend smoking weed and eating mcdonalds. He probably used his GOD GIVEN attributes to better his skills to try and become Lebron instead of Adam Morrison.

Hard to believe this became a problem but I'll take it.

Umm, I never said that his height was earned. He was clearly born with physical abilities most people don't have. That's not the point. Those things alone don't make you arguably the best high school basketball player on the planet. It takes a tremendous amount of work.

Sorry if I don't think it's cool to diminish the work a kid put in to be successful. If anything, Williamson's tweet should be a positive for anyone who reads it. The kid doesn't want to be handed a starting spot or guaranteed playing time (which is likely what he was referring to). Instead, someone comes on here to point out he was already given so much, which comes off as bitter and petty.

Reactions: GoB!gBlue and JC43
I don't know what's worse. The fact that you took any of that seriously, or the fact that you believe there's a realistic correlation between LEARNING and being born 8'0 tall with spring board stilt legs.

Anyone with average ability intellectually can become a doctor. Try making an NBA roster without the body or speed. rarely seen.

But I mean really it wasn't meant to be taken serious.

Btw, I would rather be an NBA basketball player than what I do, but my life is doin great. College has been over for a while and I get to chit chat with guys like you during the day.

Talk about low expectations or low standards. (I won't try to guess which.):victory:

Reactions: morgousky
Yea I mean, I think that guy doesn't like me. Probably politically motivated. There's a few that read my post on the political thread and seem to follow me around looking for something to bitch about. It's like a badge of honor really.

Zion didn't spend his weekend smoking weed and eating mcdonalds. He probably used his GOD GIVEN attributes to better his skills to try and become Lebron instead of Adam Morrison.

I don't really have a problem with you. I grew up and spent 20+ years in Kentucky. I probably disagree with 90% of my friends and family still in Kentucky politically. I still love them as people.

It's also funny you think I follow you around. You literally post in virtually every thread I open. No exaggeration. The vast majority of the time I don't respond to you. But I guess if I do a couple times I'm following you around. Keep on thinking that if that makes you feel better.

I guess I should clarify as well. I don't think it's cool to take a tweet from a kid essentially talking about the fact he wants to work for everything and use it to point out reasons why he hasn't worked for things. Again, it comes off as petty and bitter.

. He was clearly born with physical abilities most people don't have.

2. Sorry if I don't think it's cool to diminish the work a kid put in to be successful. 3. If anything, Williamson's tweet should be a positive for anyone who reads it. 4.The kid doesn't want to be handed a starting spot or guaranteed playing time (which is likely what he was referring to).
5. Instead, someone comes on here to point out he was already given so much, which comes off as bitter and petty.[/QUOTE]

1. That's what I said.

2. Sorry if I take a moment to AGREE 100% WITH YOU!

3. I think all his tweets are positive and have always been one of his biggest twitter fans. I think he should tweet a commitment to Uk right now.

4. Well that's good because Cal ain't guaranteeing sh*t.

5. Who said he was given too much? So now you just lie because you're so offended you can't even think straight anymore.

Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
I don't really have a problem with you. I grew up and spent 20+ years in Kentucky. I probably disagree with 90% of my friends and family still in Kentucky politically. I still love them as people.

It's also funny you think I follow you around. You literally post in virtually every thread I open. No exaggeration. The vast majority of the time I don't respond to you. But I guess if I do a couple times I'm following you around. Keep on thinking that if that makes you feel better.

I guess I should clarify as well. I don't think it's cool to take a tweet from a kid essentially talking about the fact he wants to work for everything and use it to point out reasons why he hasn't worked for things. Again, it comes off as petty and bitter.

That's funny, because out of the long list of threads currently going on, I am posting in 4 that I can see. So, again, am I LITERALLY posting in EVERY thread you open? Maybe you're just lucky. You're all over the place man.

I think your political statement speaks for itself. How could I have guessed.

Good day.

Cal has always told recruits that they shouldn't commit, on their visit, that they should go home, think it over, and then commit. Wonder if he would not take Bol's, or Zion's commitment, if they were ready to pull the trigger? Since he has changed philosophy on offering underclassmen, maybe he has changed his mind on this, as well?

That's funny, because out of the long list of threads currently going on, I am posting in 4 that I can see. So, again, am I LITERALLY posting in EVERY thread you open? Maybe you're just lucky. You're all over the place man.

I think your political statement speaks for itself. How could I have guessed.

Good day.

He's everywhere, He's been everywhere...

Umm, I never said that his height was earned. He was clearly born with physical abilities most people don't have. That's not the point. Those things alone don't make you arguably the best high school basketball player on the planet. It takes a tremendous amount of work.

Sorry if I don't think it's cool to diminish the work a kid put in to be successful. If anything, Williamson's tweet should be a positive for anyone who reads it. The kid doesn't want to be handed a starting spot or guaranteed playing time (which is likely what he was referring to). Instead, someone comes on here to point out he was already given so much, which comes off as bitter and petty.
It's just a joke dude. Chill out.

Also, never watch SNL. It will drive you crazy with how "petty and bitter" they are.

It's called satire. Look it up.

He either honestly believes you were being serious or he's just trolling. The funny thing is, I think it's the former :joy:

He either honestly believes you were being serious or he's just trolling. The funny thing is, I think it's the former :joy:

Yes, because “Learn before you live” in my original statement is a dead giveaway that I’m angry about my life and totally jealous of Zion and Matt Jones.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
It always shocks me how quickly a fairly innocuous comment can degenerate into a dick measuring contest on the inter net.

Zion only dreams of having a mustache as good as Adam Morrison. That thing was god given.

Reactions: awf and morgousky
ADVERTISEMENT