ADVERTISEMENT

zimmerman...

Wow!! This is shocking if true as many on here have been assuming that he would be a Cat. I hope its not true, I really do want this kid in blue. Have seen him play on multiple occasions and think he is going to be really good. Didn't wow me today in the Nike game from what I saw of it but has WOWed me on several other occasions watching his games. Really hope this isn't true.

We don't want him. He has a long way to go, so does Brown. As much as Thon Maker has a ways to go, at least he has energy. he will develop fast. He is who we would need. Zimmerman is a (2-3) year player, we can't wait on him.

Not surprised. I never really saw much from him in his moments to shine. I had him filed under "UK is not for everyone". The lights were probably going to be too bright here for him. Wish him luck.

... and know one will ever hear from again. Does anyone know that Rashad Vaughn scored 18 ppg as a freshman there last year. I doubt many people even know who he is (maybe when he was being recruited as a top player in last years class).

Same thing, different year. It's a shame for Zimmerman
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by C8TS:
... and know one will ever hear from again. Does anyone know that Rashad Vaughn scored 18 ppg as a freshman there last year. I doubt many people even know who he is (maybe when he was being recruited as a top player in last years class).

Same thing, different year. It's a shame for Zimmerman
Uhhh ... Anthony Bennett was the NBA's #1 overall pick two years ago.

Did this thread already reference Anthony Bennett as a reason to head to UNLV? He might be the single-worst #1 pick of all time.

That said, UNLV would be a poor choice but it's Zimmerman's to make if he's looking for exposure.

God bless him if this is true and I'll look for him for the 11PM ESPN 2 nightcap.

Originally posted by hoggwildcat:
How accurate is Jerry Meyer's Crystal ball?
Historically, it's been a nightmare until he catches the right winds about 12 to 20 hours before an announcement.

I could see Zimmerman our at UNLV for 2-3 years. Maybe he's okay with that.

He will be wearing blue and white next season.
I love how that site says he will be going to UNLV then lists the Rebs chances at 36% and UKs at 30%.
Just wishful thinking by the West Coast losers.

too bad if that happens .. kind of player we need especially with SKal in the high low .. and a 2/3 year guy on top of that. Someone suggested Maker .. from what I saw he'll be pretty much a non-factor if he's here next year. IF we don't get Zimmerman or Ingram then we will be at best a sweet 16 team next year (imo). Maybe Willis will be getting a chance to play .. at least he can shoot.

Originally posted by no_neutrality:

too bad if that happens .. kind of player we need especially with SKal in the high low .. and a 2/3 year guy on top of that. Someone suggested Maker .. from what I saw he'll be pretty much a non-factor if he's here next year. IF we don't get Zimmerman or Ingram then we will be at best a sweet 16 team next year (imo). Maybe Willis will be getting a chance to play .. at least he can shoot.
Do you think UK would be Sweet Sixteen with Newman and Maker/Diallo?

I prefer Diallo as a prospect because of what he can offer his first year. He's precisely what UK needs in terms of defense and shot blocking. Newman, meanwhile, would give UK an elite scorer.

With Lee, Diallo, and Poythress, UK would have one of the most athletic combinations of forwards in the nation.

I want big Z and believe we get him BUT, I have never understood the "Come to UK for exposure" comment. If you can play and go to "West Bed Sheet U" the NBA will find you . They found Rodman at a junior college in Oklahoma, Pippen at Central Arkansas, Faried at Morehead, the list goes on. Please stop suggesting that great players need to come to UK to get noticed by the NBA. Big Z is 7 feet tall. They will be able to pick him out at Pikeville U.

Originally posted by EMMCAT:

I want big Z and believe we get him BUT, I have never understood the "Come to UK for exposure" comment. If you can play and go to "West Bed Sheet U" the NBA will find you . They found Rodman at a junior college in Oklahoma, Pippen at Central Arkansas, Faried at Morehead, the list goes on. Please stop suggesting that great players need to come to UK to get noticed by the NBA. Big Z is 7 feet tall. They will be able to pick him out at Pikeville U.
Exposure absolutely makes a big deal when it comes to endorsement deals, and it can improve draft stock by going to be a big-name school. You think MKG is the #2 pick after one year if he stays home to go to some place like Rutgers?

Originally posted by Son_Of_Saul:

Originally posted by no_neutrality:

Do you think UK would be Sweet Sixteen with Newman and Maker/Diallo?

I prefer Diallo as a prospect because of what he can offer his first year. He's precisely what UK needs in terms of defense and shot blocking. Newman, meanwhile, would give UK an elite scorer.

With Lee, Diallo, and Poythress, UK would have one of the most athletic combinations of forwards in the nation.
Yes,they would be very athletic,but would have trouble scoring if you locked them in the gym all night

These "close to UNLV" rumors have been around for 2 months or so, yet he still hasn't committed.

Sounds more like the UNLV staff trying to plant rumors to save face.

laugh.r191677.gif

laugh.r191677.gif
Zimmerman is UK all the way. This is the typical the twins are going to Maryland crap where someone is trying to create Drama so when Zimmerman commits to UK it is a surprise.

Originally posted by wildcatsboston1984:

Originally posted by EMMCAT:

You think MKG is the #2 pick after one year if he stays home to go to some place like Rutgers?
Yes he would have been.

Bennett's team was decent then. UNLV sucks now.

Rashad Vaughn ... One of the best one and done's and projected 2nd round. No one ever even got to see the kid play this year because they play crappy teams at 11pm at night.

I have no inside knowledge but I do follow recruiting and I get the " he ain't worth the baggage" kinda vibe. His mother has been very significant in his recruitment and I'm guessing she wants to be able to attend his games and she also wants to have a say in his playing time. That would rule him out at Ky with Cal. Just a feeling but we will see.

If this is accurate, a possibility is that Cal has received good news from Maker and Diallo and either he or Zimm have cooled a bit. Perhaps Zimm sees too much competition for front line minutes with Skal, Maker, Lee, Poy, and Diallo, or that he is not a great fit with these athletes in terms of playing style.

Here comes the Zimmerman bashing and "we didn't want him anyways."

Once if this becomes the reality.

Hopefully just a rumor and that he'll pick UK still.

Originally posted by WildMoon:
Here comes the Zimmerman bashing and "we didn't want him anyways."

Once if this becomes the reality.

Hopefully just a rumor and that he'll pick UK still.
It is hilarious how when a recruit goes elsewhere he is a horrible player and we didn't want him.The kid is very good and I hope we get him.

I am not going to claim to know anything, because I'm an idiot. But seems to me that Kyle Wiltjer transferring back home at least on some subliminal level makes it harder to recruit west coast players. Many may ask if Wiltjer, an All-American prospect, was unhappy, then they could be too.

Originally posted by UKGrad87:
If this is accurate, a possibility is that Cal has received good news from Maker and Diallo and either he or Zimm have cooled a bit. Perhaps Zimm sees too much competition for front line minutes with Skal, Maker, Lee, Poy, and Diallo, or that he is not a great fit with these athletes in terms of playing style.
Maker and Diallo combined didn't play as well as Zim in this most recent game. Of course it is always difficult to judge players during these events.

I've sen Thon a handful of times, he is a youtube sensation, but watching him during the entire games... he no doubt will blossom in the future, but he has a ways to go from what I have seen.

Not going to question Cal but Bryant was apparently there for the taking and we quit recruiting him, Swanigan was probably always headed elsewhere and now we missed on Zimmerman.

Maker is most likely not a legit option so it doesn't really leave anyone else as a big guy.

Originally posted by caneintally:
laugh.r191677.gif

laugh.r191677.gif
Zimmerman is UK all the way.
cane, this is troubling. First you tell me Duke is doomed because they play no defense. Then you swore we'd beat Wisconsin by double digits. Now this? Heh....

Originally posted by bkingUK:
I am not going to claim to know anything, because I'm an idiot. But seems to me that Kyle Wiltjer transferring back home at least on some subliminal level makes it harder to recruit west coast players. Many may ask if Wiltjer, an All-American prospect, was unhappy, then they could be too.
Kyle wanted more playing time than he was getting at KENTUCKY...I think he loved it here he just wanted to play more minutes...We have a couple of more guys on this team that I'm sure feel the same way and we will have to see how it works out...

Originally posted by JFCats22:
Not going to question Cal but Bryant was apparently there for the taking and we quit recruiting him, Swanigan was probably always headed elsewhere and now we missed on Zimmerman.

Maker is most likely not a legit option so it doesn't really leave anyone else as a big guy.
You and the rest of us have no idea who, what ,where and when as it pertains to recruits. Going by message board fodder and a mythical crystal ball that has been wrong so many times just this year provides a false sense of knowledge.

Many of the kids have a pretty good idea where they are going before their senior year. There are so many items that come into play that us fans will never realize.

ADVERTISEMENT