ADVERTISEMENT

Zags and UDUB

Blueaz

All-American
Gold Member
Jul 7, 2009
Phoenix
Watching this game and listening to the announcers, might as well mail the Wooden Award to Kyle "he is best all around player in college".
Not bashing the guy... But that is a streeeetch.

After last year's performance I think Kyle definitely entrenched himself as one of the Top Ten players... in the West Coast Conference.

I actually love Kyle and wish him the best. He has a great set jumper and I love the old man moves in the paint. But he plays defense like an old man too, real old.

Reactions: Jazzycat and Blueaz
If he had transferred from basically any other school, would there be this kind of talk? I doubt it. The story has been written, Cal kicked him out because he wasn't one and done.

if sucking at defense is good, then yes, he has an argument.

I tuned back in for the last few minutes and the announcers are now saying that Kyle and company were getting killed on offense rebounds.
3 guys that are 6'10 plus and easily getting out rebound. The best and weakest front court in college ball this year.

If he had transferred from basically any other school, would there be this kind of talk? I doubt it. The story has been written, Cal kicked him out because he wasn't one and done.

I don't believe Cal kicks anybody out. And I definitely do not believe he would kick someone out for not being 1 and done. He needs a few guys to help teach the routines of practice etc.

I don't believe Cal kicks anybody out. And I definitely do not believe he would kick someone out for not being 1 and done. He needs a few guys to help teach the routines of practice etc.

I don't believe he does either. Read it again.

Cry all you want Wiltjer is an All American,doesn't matter what you think,he is an AllAmerican.

Um, what? How is that crying? I have always been a Kyle fan and am happy he's doing so well. That doesn't mean I have to agree that he's in the conversation for best player of the year.

How long until people (media people, specifically) realize that Wiltjer isn't even the best player on that Gonzaga team? The best player on that team is Domantas Sabonis.

Wiltjer can get as much All-American acclaim as you want to throw his way, but I can honestly say that I'd be hesitant to have him on the floor for 25-30 mpg at UK. I just don't know if that would make the team all that much better overall. Sabonis? I'd take him in a heartbeat.

I'm pretty sure the NBA agrees, BTW. Sabonis is highly likely to be a 1st round pick, Wiltjer is not.

Wiltjer is not at Kentucky,he is at Gonzaga,where he is an All American,that's right an All American.
OK.

What's your point?

My point is that being an All-American has, in a lot of ways, lost what it used to mean. It used to mean that you were one of the 5-10 best players in the country. Now, it often means that you're one of the very small group of guys who's legitimately good who didn't end up in the NBA after the previous season. Big difference there.

I take Sabonis. You take Wiltjer. Everything else being equal, I think you lose. Badly.

Cry all you want Wiltjer is an All American,doesn't matter what you think,he is an AllAmerican.

No ish? I think most of us know this so don't go patting yourself on the back too hard thinking you just told us. The kid deserves to be an all american,but at the same time, most of us know the kid is not a good fit for us and no matter how great he looks for the Zags, he wouldn't look the same playing for us and would be exposed if we were relying on him to take us far in the Ncaa tourney. Most of us are even fans of Kyle and root on the Zags. As long as it doesn't mean we lose a game to them. If we play Few and the Zags, the Kyle love is over and i hope he bricks every shot he takes.

ADVERTISEMENT