ADVERTISEMENT

Zagoria: Calipari will travel to Spain to watch Wagner, Jackson, Dennis Evans, etc. on USA 17U team

I wish we had an overseas recruiting team. Lots of talent around the world.
Deli, do you remember the days when you heard the term "overseas player" connected with UK recruiting and automatically thought a lumbering Big? Of course, that's much different now. A lot of early skill development - particularly shooting - coming from overseas players. I like the idea of recruiting that type of player too.

At least he's showing Wagner how much he really wants him at UK, can't fault Coach for going all out. Cal haters just will criticize anything the guy does, I give them little attention any more. I find things to complain about with Cal at times but the hate is ridiculous and has gotten very old. This trip may not pay off getting Wagner but I like the fact he's not giving up without a fight.
I agree . I don’t see the bad in this . Plus it’s not just Wagner but it’s at least 3 or 4 other targets .

Reactions: Zissou87 and ORCAT
Kinda funny. People say Cal is getting lazy on recruiting. Now he is traveling to Spain to try to get Wagner and people say he is taking a vacation.

Reactions: YouKay and wcc31
I have no inside info except what I read (a lot), but at this point, I think UL is his intention, BUT, he is keeping his options open in case sanctions get handed down. Decommits aren't that pretty so....Cal isn't giving up on him, yet. Hopefully, this isn't a situation where everyone in CBB knows what DJ is going to do except the UK coaching staff!
He's a OAD, why would he care about sanctions? I think it's a done deal for u6 since Milt was hired.

He's a OAD, why would he care about sanctions? I think it's a done deal for u6 since Milt was hired.
You might be right. Personally, I wouldn't want to play on a team with no chance of a post season - it would be like mowing the yard with no blades on the deck. No doubt, he can get where he is going and help Louisville at the same time even if they have a postseason ban, but I wonder what the vibe is like on a team that is figuratively castrated?

Where's the idea that a one and done doesn't care about going to the NCAA tournament come from? It's huge for branding

Cal out for blood, wants to not only win it all this season but next yr as well.
Swaggy Cal is back!!
I think "swaggy Cal" is gone for good. But I don't Ole Man Cal wants to go out the way he has been trending. It certainly feels different than it has in a while.

Where's the idea that a one and done doesn't care about going to the NCAA tournament come from? It's huge for branding

Lots of top recruits going to mediocre schools.
Just off top of head...Simmons, Fultz, Young, Cunningham, Baldwin, Wiseman, Edwards, Langford, Porter, Brown.

A trend in past 7-8 years.

Seems like at least one Top 5 recruit goes to some random school every year.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Lots of top recruits going to mediocre schools.
Just off top of head...Simmons, Fultz, Young, Cunningham, Baldwin, Wiseman, Edwards, Langford, Porter, Brown.

A trend in past 7-8 years.

Seems like at least one Top 5 recruit goes to some random school every year.

This is actually quite normal. Go back to 2011 and Quincy Miller joined a middling Baylor and LeBryan Nash went to Oklahoma St. In 2012, Steven Adams went to Pittsburgh and Anthony Bennett joined UNLV. In 2014, Emmanuel Mudiay joined SMU.

ADVERTISEMENT