ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Haake

Yep. Hjelle and Haake taken before Justin Lewis? I would not have thought so. Wonder what the scouts don't like with Lewis?

Well, Lewis does have another year of eligibility. I guess he could come back as a graduate student if he doesn't like his draft position. Seems like a shame. I thought at times this season he was our best starter.

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
Yep. Hjelle and Haake taken before Justin Lewis? I would not have thought so. Wonder what the scouts don't like with Lewis?

Lewis has basically just two pitches. He hasn't shown an ability to develop additional pitches.

Well, Lewis does have another year of eligibility. I guess he could come back as a graduate student if he doesn't like his draft position. Seems like a shame. I thought at times this season he was our best starter.
He has been pretty clutch as the Sunday starter the past 2 seasons.

Lewis has basically just two pitches. He hasn't shown an ability to develop additional pitches.

To expound a bit more, I think that with just two pitches he will be limited to a role out of the bullpen at the next level and that limits his marketability.

What is interesting is that I can't really put my finger on what Haake projects to be. Kid throws pretty hard and has some good stuff, but we didn't see him have any swing and miss stuff like Lewis and we got reports that he's better served as a short outing pitcher. He wasn't an extremely low draft pick as projected, but low enough to make you wonder if he's seen as a closer or starter or what.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Sure hope he does so!!!!!!!-

To expound a bit more, I think that with just two pitches he will be limited to a role out of the bullpen at the next level and that limits his marketability.

What is interesting is that I can't really put my finger on what Haake projects to be. Kid throws pretty hard and has some good stuff, but we didn't see him have any swing and miss stuff like Lewis and we got reports that he's better served as a short outing pitcher. He wasn't an extremely low draft pick as projected, but low enough to make you wonder if he's seen as a closer or starter or what.

I think Haake goes the Trevor Gott route. Possible closer to late inning guy.

Reactions: parrott
I think Haake goes the Trevor Gott route. Possible closer to late inning guy.

Could be, but he never really showed that shut down ability here. He had some brilliant moments, but, unlike Lewis, he never really showcased a plus pitch that put hitters away. Still, he may have just had a poor year.

Reactions: Big_Blue_1018
ADVERTISEMENT