ADVERTISEMENT

Your Thoughts on Lawsuit against Ohio St

What I recall is, the players were upset they weren't contacted. Good for them for going after theirs, IMO. All OSU would have had to do by all accounts is call and ask, but they didn't, they used it, and we're and still are being extremely dismissive of valid complaints.

Tom petty gets ripped off a ton and does nothing, people are generally respectful. Sam smith ripped off tom petty, petty did nothing, smith defended himself by saying he had never even heard of him, and petty sued the hell out of him. It's as simple as acknowledgement sometimes.

Dear lord, some of these ex players need to get over themselves. If that's true, spielman should never claim Ohio state again.

Spielman's gripe, from what little I know about it, is not that Ohio State used his name/image to recognize him or other outstanding players of the past (like a wall of honor), but that it was done in conjunction with third party sponsorship, making it appear like an endorsement but without his/their permission. I don't see his protest as "selfish athlete suing to get some money" but as someone who doesn't want his name linked with any commercial product without his permission, which seems reasonable to me. Whether the law agrees, however, is another matter.

Spielman's gripe, from what little I know about it, is not that Ohio State used his name/image to recognize him or other outstanding players of the past (like a wall of honor), but that it was done in conjunction with third party sponsorship, making it appear like an endorsement but without his/their permission. I don't see his protest as "selfish athlete suing to get some money" but as someone who doesn't want his name linked with any commercial product without his permission, which seems reasonable to me. Whether the law agrees, however, is another matter.
I see. I see. I stand corrected. I misinterpreted.

Reactions: rudd1
Dear OSU, give him the $75,000, (chump change), then take the banner down. How much money did OSU spend on him for tuition, books, supplies, room, board, medical coverage, hotels, air fare, travel clothing, and God knows what else? This flag, was a "badge of honor", a tribute to him, and his great career at OSU. Didn't he make enough money in the NFL? To me, he is just being selfish. I know others won't see it that way, and that's OK, everyone has the right to their opinion. This is just mine.

Reactions: blubo and KYNC89
Dear lord, some of these ex players need to get over themselves. If that's true, spielman should never claim Ohio state again.

Dear OSU, give him the $75,000, (chump change), then take the banner down. How much money did OSU spend on him for tuition, books, supplies, room, board, medical coverage, hotels, air fare, travel clothing, and God knows what else? This flag, was a "badge of honor", a tribute to him, and his great career at OSU. Didn't he make enough money in the NFL? To me, he is just being selfish. I know others won't see it that way, and that's OK, everyone has the right to their opinion. This is just mine.

Not to be rude, but you guys may want to read the article.

Not be rude, but I did and I said I stand corrected and misinterpreted. See my response a few posts up.

Sorry. Blood running down my forehead got in my eyes and I didn't see!

And I'm glad we got through that exchange without being rude to each other! That may be a first on this board!

Reactions: KYNC89
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT