ADVERTISEMENT

You get to be the coach for the Alabama game...what changes do you make?

rockout1

Sophomore
Oct 21, 2012
For me I would make two changes:

1. I reduce the rotation to 6 players (Knox, Shea,Quade,Wynen, Washington, Vanderbilt). Diallo and Richards only play spot minutes if necessary.

2. I move Quade to be the primary ball handler and run the offense as I believe our flow is much better with him at the point.

Also...I might implement a out of bounds play and try it at least one time. :)

1. I reduce the rotation to 6 players (Knox, Shea,Quade,Wynen, Washington, Vanderbilt). Diallo and Richards only play spot minutes if necessary.

2. I move Quade to be the primary ball handler and run the offense as I believe our flow is much better with him at the point.

Sounds exactly what Matt Jones said on KSR...

I like your thoughts.

But it's tough to limit the rotation to 6 guys in the SEC, too many fouls are called.

Diallo wouldn't see the court until we were up by ten and would immediately get pulled as soon as he tried to go 1 on 4 or refused to pass the ball, or lost his man on D, or got stripped, or took a dumb shot out at the flow of the offense etc... His constant mistakes and selfish play are wrecking this team.

I've never seen a lead evaporate so fast in my life. Our guys scratch and claw their way to a 6 point lead without him on the court, then, within seconds of his arrival on the court, we're losing. I've never seen that before.

But I do like Green at the 1, SGA at the 2, Knox at the 3, Vanderbilt at the 4 and rotate Richards and SKJ at the 5. Put Washington and Gabriel in when/where needed.

Also...I might implement a out of bounds play and try it at least one time. :)[/QUOT

I agree with everything you just typed except I would change SKJ for Richards, my starting five would be Quade, SKG, Wenyen, Knox, & Vanderbilt, PJ would be my first sub for the bigs. I would only Play Hami, SKJ & Richards because of serious foul trouble or to give a guy a quick break, Neither would play more than 5 or 6 minutes.

Show them film from the UL game and 2nd half of WVU game and say this is how we need to play.

Maybe smoke a few joints and shotgun some beers to get them relaxed before the game.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Show them film from the UL game and 2nd half of WVU game and say this is how we need to play.

Maybe smoke a few joints and shotgun some beers to get them relaxed before the game.
Pretty sure Richards already does this and is why he’s never ready for a pass and can’t get control of the ball

Pretty sure Richards already does this and is why he’s never ready for a pass and can’t get control of the ball

Lmao maybe that Jamaican weed is too powerful. Needs to bring it down a notch to some Kentucky homegrown ish.

I would install some motion on offense instead of standing around ball watching. That at the very least makes the other team use some energy trying to defend. I would cut down on jumpshots, tell PJ and Richards no outside jumpers. And focus more on posting the ball, driving the ball, and getting the ball to Knox in the paint like we did some at Auburn. Hopefully this leads to more points and fouls by the defense.
I would tell the weak side defenders in the paint to quit leaving his man and coming over for the double team/ block shots. Just stay with your man and block out and rebound.
I'd bench HaME and use him only to rest someone who was tired or in foul trouble.

Been saying it for over a month.

1. Put Green at point and leave him there.

2. cut the rotation down to 6-7 guys.

3. Hami should only play to give a breather. 1 to 2 minutes and out. If the rotation is down to 7 guys, he's 8th.

4. Utilize Vanderbilt's hands/passing ability around the rim.

5. Alexander is a turnover machine. Get him the ball but he cant be the primary ball handler. I don't know if there's enough time to make Green what he should have been this entire time though.

6. Force Knox to play the 4 and create some matchup problems, get him some toughness too.

I love hearing the thoughts of people who can’t even spell the players’ names.

Seriously, though, only a fool would take Richards out of the rotation. Our best paint defender, second best rebounder, and one of our best free throw shooters.

Reactions: Dablueman
Been saying it for over a month.

1. Put Green at point and leave him there.

2. cut the rotation down to 6-7 guys.

3. Hami should only play to give a breather. 1 to 2 minutes and out. If the rotation is down to 7 guys, he's 8th.

4. Utilize Vanderbilt's hands/passing ability around the rim.

5. Alexander is a turnover machine. Get him the ball but he cant be the primary ball handler. I don't know if there's enough time to make Green what he should have been this entire time though.

6. Force Knox to play the 4 and create some matchup problems, get him some toughness too.
This. But I'd add get Knox to post up a few times. And I'd give all of Richards' min to WG. All of them.

Seriously, though, only a fool would take Richards out of the rotation. Our best paint defender, second best rebounder, and one of our best free throw shooters.
I would absolutely take him out of the rotation. I'll take WG's effort over Richards' lack of ability all day long. Richards, for his size, really doesn't add anything right now. Guy is 7', of course a couple rebounds are gonna fall in his lap.

Reactions: rockout1

Great another chance for me to fix things for good!!!!

Love your #1 and agree with that rotation.

On #2 that's okay if Bama plays zone but doesn't matter a whole lot as we need to attack from the inside out using Knox or Vanderbilt in middle to collapse the zone and kick out or dump down to score. Knox just gives that third option of hitting the foul line jumper

And my favorite!!!!!! Ready? On defense play an extended aggressive half court matchup 3-2 zone and trapping at every opportunity. I'm telling you this would change this teams whole identity and attitude and would create tempo, turnovers, some easy baskets and most of all energy that they would feed off of.

Oh and start tazing anybody who leaves their feet on a ball fake.

I agree with everything you just typed except I would change SKJ for Richards, my starting five would be Quade, SKG, Wenyen, Knox, & Vanderbilt, PJ would be my first sub for the bigs. I would only Play Hami, SKJ & Richards because of serious foul trouble or to give a guy a quick break, Neither would play more than 5 or 6 minutes.
Good point, I agree SKJ would be before Richards.

I love when someone isn't intelligent enough to have a good reply so the become the spelling police. Your so right that Richards has brought so much to the table lately...NOT.

Reactions: wildcatdonf
I like your thoughts.

But it's tough to limit the rotation to 6 guys in the SEC, too many fouls are called.

Diallo wouldn't see the court until we were up by ten and would immediately get pulled as soon as he tried to go 1 on 4 or refused to pass the ball, or lost his man on D, or got stripped, or took a dumb shot out at the flow of the offense etc... His constant mistakes and selfish play are wrecking this team.

I've never seen a lead evaporate so fast in my life. Our guys scratch and claw their way to a 6 point lead without him on the court, then, within seconds of his arrival on the court, we're losing. I've never seen that before.

But I do like Green at the 1, SGA at the 2, Knox at the 3, Vanderbilt at the 4 and rotate Richards and SKJ at the 5. Put Washington and Gabriel in when/where needed.

Great analogy!!

The key word there is "good minutes"...those are few and far between.

Well he's averaging 12/10/2 per 40 in conference play. How do you replace that?

I get it, he's not that great. But I just don't see how we replace it, and Cal damn sure isn't sitting two top 15 recruits out of the rotation. [laughing]

Well he's averaging 12/10/2 per 40 in conference play. How do you replace that?

I get it, he's not that great. But I just don't see how we replace it, and Cal damn sure isn't sitting two top 15 recruits out of the rotation. [laughing]
Fair enough, maybe you give him a few minutes in the rotation and see how he does. And your spot on about two top 15 recruits...those guys are gong to play regardless of results.

Reactions: morgousky
I'd run the weave for an additional 5 seconds and then I'd have the 4 players who don't have the ball move about 2-3 feet closer to the basket as SGA drives down the lane.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT