ADVERTISEMENT

Yahtzee

Juak, I’ve followed recruiting closely since 1985.

We inked no out-of-State 5 Star rated talent between Antonio Hall (2000) and Justin Rogers (2020).
I hate to tell you this but-------
You are correct. The three late commits were 5.7s, Priester, Gainer and Patterson joined the one 5.7 signed by Joker earlier, RB Raymond Sanders, that did play quite a bit. Guess I couldn't believe that UK was playing in the SEC with such dismal talent compared to today and I just had a brain f%$t. That same year Florida had over 50 four star commits the previous four ,years plus about a dozen five stars on their roster,' The (five star) from Cincy was actually the four star, Alex Smith, and I do believe I read someones blurb that said he was a five star.

But some interesting numbers from that class. Joker took over in January and the class was truly abysmal at that time, until the last minute when he added six commits on 2-3-2010 that averaged a decent 5.67. The previous 21 commits signed in the class averaged a robust 5.46, BELOW a three star.

Last edited:
Reactions: matt_man
not close enough he signed 1 4* in 2010 and 2011 no five stars look it up. joker was a joke
And yet he was Brooks main recruiter for seven years (plus with other top coaches) and was immediately hired by a fairly good program, Florida where he brought in the fourth and eighth classes, not in the SEC but the nation.

What was a joke was the facilities and support Brooks (and Joker got), NOTHING but minimum maintenance done for football for a full decade, name something. Until the two laughable seasons AND losing 20,000 season ticket holders plus the flood of money from the SFC.

Last edited:
Juak, I’ve followed recruiting closely since 1985.

We inked no out-of-State 5 Star rated talent between Antonio Hall (2000) and Justin Rogers (2020).
Isn't that an amazing stretch to sign no five stars, trying to compete in the SEC, when Florida alone had about a dozen on their roster when Joker took his team with TWO four stars playing to play them on the road? I hope you weren't one of the many that thought we would likely beat them. But I wouldn't be that far behind you, at that time I thought we had a chance, I had no idea about what the talent gap was.

Isn't that an amazing stretch to sign no five stars, trying to compete in the SEC, when Florida alone had about a dozen on their roster when Joker took his team with TWO four stars playing to play them on the road? I hope you weren't one of the many that thought we would likely beat them. But I wouldn't be that far behind you, at that time I thought we had a chance, I had no idea about what the talent gap was.
Damn YOU Mitch!!!

And yet he was Brooks main recruiter for seven years (plus with other top coaches) and was immediately hired by a fairly good program, Florida where he brought in the fourth and eighth classes, not in the SEC but the nation.

What was a joke was the facilities and support Brooks (and Joker got), NOTHING but minimum maintenance done for football for a full decade, name something. Until the two laughable seasons AND losing 20,000 season ticket holders plus the flood of money from the SFC.
and yet he was a joke as a head coach!

I followed recruiting closely at that time and he added three four stars AND a five star from Cincinnati, one four star was a flip from Vandy. Maybe they were downgraded later because as I said none of them did didley at UK.
Morgan Newton was a 5 star on Scout. Alex Smith was a 4 star from Cincy, may have been a 5 star after the one-handed catch on ESPN top 10, but went down quick, and was never 5 star when he was committed to us.

I hate to tell you this but-------
You are correct. The three late commits were 5.7s, Priester, Gainer and Patterson joined the one 5.7 signed by Joker earlier, RB Raymond Sanders, that did play quite a bit. Guess I couldn't believe that UK was playing in the SEC with such dismal talent compared to today and I just had a brain f%$t. That same year Florida had over 50 four star commits the previous four ,years plus about a dozen five stars on their roster,' The (five star) from Cincy was actually the four star, Alex Smith, and I do believe I read someones blurb that said he was a five star.

But some interesting numbers from that class. Joker took over in January and the class was truly abysmal at that time, until the last minute when he added six commits on 2-3-2010 that averaged a decent 5.67. The previous 21 commits signed in the class averaged a robust 5.46, BELOW a three star.
I think Patterson was a 4 star and got the ole Kentucky bump in the final class evaluation.

Rock_Cat78, think UK had maybe 2-3 visitors yesterday, are those guys still on campus?

and yet he was a joke as a head coach!
Playing an SEC schedule when you have TWO four stars playing and seven of the eight SEC opponent s AVERAGE 38 four stars in the last four years had nothing to do with his record, right, LOL Florida in 2020 Had a TWO DEEP{ (offense AND defense) averaged close tp a 5.9 as commits while our TWO 4 stars were offset by two walkons starting. We had more two stars starting than three stars, look it up, I did at the time.

How many other candidates were there for the UK head coaching job, way over a million at the time Couldn't you retire with ONE years salary, and he got three PLUS a buyout. You should be so incompetent, but I think he thought he could turn it around-------AND he would have had a hell of a chance IF he had the support football had AFTER we lost 20,000 season ticket holders. How did Stoops do with Jokers talent his first year, ,the same dismal TWO win season, AND that was after UK HAD to support football, losing too much money. And Stoops (great job, with a lot of help) had the same dismal TWO WIN record as Joker his first year AFTER adding a decent class with three four stars.

Just some FACTS for you to ignore.

Last edited:
Playing an SEC schedule when you have TWO four stars playing and seven of the eight SSSSEC opponent s AVERAGE 38 four strs in the last four years had nothing to do with his record, right, LOL Florida in 2020 Had a TWO DEEP{ ( offenseAND defense)
joker is a follower not a leader and that's why he is a good position coach not head coach

joker is a follower not a leader and that's why he is a good position coach not head coach
And having TWO four stars playing against seven of the eight SEC teams on his schedule that AVERAGED 38 the past four classes, PLUS five stars, NONE at UK for 20 years per Hack, had NOTHING to do with it? Then why don't we go back to NO new facilities in ten years AND recruiting budgets for 85 players in football LESS than for 13 in basketball.

And yet his first year he beat top ten USC AND held the NC to a three point loss, in addition to squeaking into a bowl game like we were used to doing. Where he sat the best QB we had for DRINKING, lol.

You should be in charge, look at the money we would save. NOT.

Tirred of talking to the wall, by for now.

Last edited:
Is that how we ended the LOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNG losing streak to Thug U with a WR playing QB? And name the four stars we had that played in that game, did we have more than THUG U, did we have more four stars than they had FIVE stars?

Dillon is bigger and more polished as Anthony is new to football and even newer to playing receiver. To me, Anthony is the definition of high risk/high reward. All going to be about how he develops as a player (or not).
Anthony is rated 5.7 and Dillon is rated as a 5.5. I believe Anthony is transferring to the same school as Dillon, as his previous HS didn't throw it much.

ADVERTISEMENT