ADVERTISEMENT

Yahtzee

I'll take it over the Joker days where we were 60-70th
Joker's first year he added three LATE four stars and a five star to the ONE four star he had signed himself earlier, with a VERY late start.. But none of the four did didley here, and maybe the record went down because he dropped older (and very good coaches) coaches that didn't like to leave the city limits to recruit. With TWO four stars that played he knew he had to improve recruiting playing an SEC schedule that AVERAGED 38 four stars the previous four classes. But he still beat top ten USC and came within three points of the NC AND made a bowl game with our very good QB.

Then he accepted the blame for benching our QB for one that had thrown SEVEN passes all year for DRINKING on an off weekend AND the lack of support things spiraled out of control. Doubt he was close to the sixties until lack of support caught up with us, and Brooks (GREAT coach) only averaged 52nd in recruiting his seven years (following a 92nd ranked class the year before he got here) on the job. With some excellent in state stars.

Sorry to bring it all up again but he asked for it, and a lot of NEW fans (winning does that) haven't read about the whole story, don't read my posts if you don't like them-------please.

Last edited:
Reactions: entropy13
We will see on Caldwell. He recently said he hasn't been hearing much from Clink at Michigan or from Kentucky. Make of that what you will.
Why wouldn't UK be keeping in contact? Who is his primary recruiter, and is Stoops sleeping on the job?

Why wouldn't UK be keeping in contact? Who is his primary recruiter, and is Stoops sleeping on the job?
I think it could be a case of him being a Clink recruit and now that Clink is gone, they may not be as high on him. That is certainly the vibe I'm getting. Don't think it is a case of Stoops and staff dropping the ball.

Reactions: jauk11
Or will UK recruit over him? Stoops is said to be hot after a JUCO CB.
With all the positive publicity on him I thought he would be hard to recruit over. Wasn't he one of the big concerns about Clink leaving? It would have to be a four star (or very under rated) and we will always have room for those-------IF the coaches like them.

Dillon is bigger and more polished as Anthony is new to football and even newer to playing receiver. To me, Anthony is the definition of high risk/high reward. All going to be about how he develops as a player (or not).
Hope we have a very good WR coach by then-------but that doesn't seem to be a priority, or maybe it is coming from higher up.

Joker's first year he added three LATE four stars and a five star to the ONE four star he had signed himself earlier, with a VERY late start.. But none of the four did didley here, and maybe the record went down because he dropped older (and very good coaches) coaches that didn't like to leave the city limits to recruit. With TWO four stars that played he knew he had to improve recruiting playing an SEC schedule that AVERAGED 38 four stars the previous four classes. But he still beat top ten USC and came within three points of the NC AND made a bowl game with our very good QB.

Then he accepted the blame for benching our QB for one that had thrown SEVEN passes all year for DRINKING on an off weekend AND the lack of support things spiraled out of control. Doubt he was close to the sixties until lack of support caught up with us, and Brooks (GREAT coach) only averaged 52nd in recruiting his seven years (following a 92nd ranked class the year before he got here) on the job. With some excellent in state stars.

Sorry to bring it all up again but he asked for it, and a lot of NEW fans (winning does that) haven't read about the whole story, don't read my posts if you don't like them-------please.
What are you talking about?

2010: His first class as HC: 50th https://kentucky.rivals.com/commitments/football/2010
2011: 61st https://kentucky.rivals.com/commitments/football/2011
2012: His last class: 63rd https://kentucky.rivals.com/commitments/football/2012

Obviously, everyone knows he didn't have support nor did Brooks but I was just stating the obvious. His recruiting classes WEREN'T great and I'll take Stoops' over his. I'm not a "new" fan either but I'm sorry something crawled up your ass.

The kid from Delaware, Tomiwa Durojaiye is supposed to visit sometime this week.
Signing him would help stop some of the grumbling, me, I am hoping for better recruits after we do well this year. And that might not happen right now, might even help if some reports get by the tight security at fall practices.

Will you be there, and why not?

Signing him would help stop some of the grumbling, me, I am hoping for better recruits after we do well this year. And that might not happen right now, might even help if some reports get by the tight security at fall practices. Will you be there, and why not?
You want to add better recruits by adding a 5.6 project DE/DT?

Sir, have you took your meds today?

2010: His first class as HC: 50th https://kentucky.rivals.com/commitments/football/2010
2012: His last class: 63rd https://kentucky.rivals.com/commitments/football/2012

Obviously, everyone knows he didn't have support nor did Brooks but I was just stating the obvious. His recruiting classes WEREN'T great and I'll take Stoops' over his. I'm not a "new" fan either but I'm sorry something crawled up your ass.
You are stating the obvious, NONE of our classes since 2002 were great. Would you like to report on the support that football had since Stoops got here, AFTER the two TWO win seasons, one under Stoops AFTER adding three four stars to the class? What did you expect, with the support football got at the time and with our facilities? There was a VERY VALID reason 20,000 season ticket holders dropped their tickets, and I'm not sure who would have done better than Joker with the continuing decline in support for THE money cow. In fact I am not sure what other dummy would have taken the job, but the money was good. I do know Brooks wasn't brought in to be the coach, but the TWO of them couldn't find a qualified coach dumb enough to take the job, so Brooks had to save our bacon.

Just stop, too many unpleasant FACTS out there, I actually hate repeating them, but you asked.

Reactions: rye48
You want to add better recruits by adding a 5.6 project DE/DT?

Sir, have you took your meds today?
No, I always take them just before bedtime, easier to keep track of, so I didn't miss them. But thanks for the reminder.

That used to be most of the HIGHER recruits we could hope for, LOTS of TWO STAR NFL players were developed under Brooks. Our facilities and recruiting was pretty dismal for an SEC member, and it showed on the field------but we always
had basketball AND the minor sports-------actually not the minor sports until FOOTBALL's money was thrown at them.

Last edited:
You are stating the obvious, NONE of our classes since 2002 were great. Would you like to report on the support that football had since Stoops got here, AFTER the two TWO win seasons, one under Stoops AFTER adding three four stars to the class? What did you expect, with the support football got at the time and with our facilities? There was a VERY VALID reason 20,000 season ticket holders dropped their tickets, and I'm not sure who would have done better than Joker with the continuing decline in support for THE money cow. In fact I am not sure what other dummy would have taken the job, but the money was good. I do know Brooks wasn't brought in to be the coach, but the TWO of them couldn't find a qualified coach dumb enough to take the job, so Brooks had to save our bacon.

Just stop, too many unpleasant FACTS out there, I actually hate repeating them, but you asked.
Whatever you say, buddy. You keep festering about shit from 8 years ago. I'll enjoy what's happening right now aka one of the best eras in UK Football history. I'm sure Barney has an email, he'll make a jauk11 folder, where you can air your 8 year grievances.

Reactions: TIE543
I think it could be a case of him being a Clink recruit and now that Clink is gone, they may not be as high on him. That is certainly the vibe I'm getting. Don't think it is a case of Stoops and staff dropping the ball.
But I thought Clink never missed.

Whatever you say, buddy. You keep festering about shit from 8 years ago. I'll enjoy what's happening right now aka one of the best eras in UK Football history. I'm sure Barney has an email, he'll make a jauk11 folder, where you can air your 8 year grievances.
That crap from eight years ago set our starting point for the rebuild way back, we are just now overcoming it. And with adding two powers and the NIL effect we probably will never make it now. And tell me what choice athletics had but to throw a lot of the MILLIONS (Over Forty million annually PLUS bowl money) from the OTHER SEC football programs. And how much bowl money did we contribute from 2011 through 2015? AFTER we lost probably hundreds of millions of dollars from attendance and football donations.

Can you think of any fool that would have NOT thrown the readily available football money at football on the field where it belonged after the TWO disasters------ONE (and the biggest) on the field and the other financially.

And by the way, I am enjoying the hell out of the present success, looking forward to this season, not sure about the ones after that, but I am pretty sure UK football will get the shaft with the NIL deal. Hopefully good for a few years.

And yes I don't understand all the worship of our hero after he caused most of UK's problems and the OTHER SEC programs with ADs not asleep are responsible for most of our revival.

Last edited:
Reactions: rye48
That crap from eight years ago set our starting point for the rebuild way back, we are just now overcoming it. And with adding two powers and the NIL effect we probably will never make it now. And tell me what choice athletics had but to throw a lot of the MILLIONS (Over Forty million annually PLUS bowl money) from the OTHER SEC football programs. And how much bowl money did we contribute from 2011 through 2015? AFTER we lost probably hundreds of millions of dollars from attendance and football donations.

Can you think of any fool that would have NOT thrown the readily available football money at football on the field where it belonged after the TWO disasters------ONE (and the biggest) on the field and the other financially.

And by the way, I am enjoying the hell out of the present success, looking forward to this season, not sure about the ones after that, but I am pretty sure UK football will get the shaft with the NIL deal. Hopefully good for a few years.

And yes I don't understand all the worship of our hero after he caused most of UK's problems and the OTHER SEC programs with ADs not asleep are responsible for most of our revival.
It doesn't make sense to complain if its already set in stone, in your mind, that the NIL is going to screw UK. Seems like a waste of energy. I have no idea how it's going to effect UK because it literally just began.

Reactions: TIE543

I think your the one drinking or smoking logo weed. If I remember correctly Avery Williamson was one of his highest rated recruit.

We will see on Caldwell. He recently said he hasn't been hearing much from Clink at Michigan or from Kentucky. Make of that what you will.
That's odd. It would seem like UK would want to clear the air and not waste each others time if he isn't a take for them anymore.

Reactions: jauk11
I think your the one drinking or smoking logo weed. If I remember correctly Avery Williamson was one of his highest rated recruit.
Not sure what you are talking about, Williamson was a 5.6.

It doesn't make sense to complain if its already set in stone, in your mind, that the NIL is going to screw UK. Seems like a waste of energy. I have no idea how it's going to effect UK because it literally just began.
Then hide and watch. The list of teams in the SEC with better football programs AND money (for football) is very long, and both Texas and OK definitely surpass us in both categories. Just stating FACTS.

Reactions: K_TIME

And by the way, BROOKS class must have been off to a dismal start if the class finished that low after Joker added the three four stars AND the five star at the last minute. No wonder he left, smart man. Wonder who could have been talked into being the coach at this dumpster fire if Joker didn't stay?

Kid is FAST...

See the source image

Joker's first year he added three LATE four stars and a five star to the ONE four star he had signed himself earlier, with a VERY late start.

Joker never signed a 5 Star rated player, and had one Four Star recruit in each of his first two classes.

Reactions: Girthang
No, I always take them just before bedtime, easier to keep track of, so I didn't miss them. But thanks for the reminder.

That used to be most of the HIGHER recruits we could hope for, LOTS of TWO STAR NFL players were developed under Brooks. Our facilities and recruiting was pretty dismal for an SEC member, and it showed on the field------but we always
had basketball AND the minor sports-------actually not the minor sports until FOOTBALL's money was thrown at them.
Have you ever pondered what UK may have achieved if it had better facilities and a recruiting room when Brooks was coach? I mean, have you ever perseverated on that?

Well, all of that is on Caldwell at this point. You don't remove your commitment to UK on your social media and then expect UK to be in touch. He's flirting with a school that really doesn't want him or they'd have reached out before Clink dinked.

Some lessons are learned the hard way. If I were him, I'd be on the phone with UK trying to get the relationship patched up, if it can be. If they don't reciprocate at that point they've moved on.

Reactions: matt_man
Matt Jones stated today that he's 5'7". I'm showing 5'11" on Rivals and 247. He's rated 5.7. He may be confused.

Joker never signed a 5 Star rated player, and had one Four Star recruit in each of his first two classes.
I followed recruiting closely at that time and he added three four stars AND a five star from Cincinnati, one four star was a flip from Vandy. Maybe they were downgraded later because as I said none of them did didley at UK.

I followed recruiting closely at that time and he added three four stars AND a five star from Cincinnati, one four star was a flip from Vandy. Maybe they were downgraded later because as I said none of them did didley at UK.
not close enough he signed 1 4* in 2010 and 2011 no five stars look it up. joker was a joke

Whether Anthony works out or not you need several super fast/quick for depth and just in case a couple don't work out. Don't want to have to be forced to play ball control and burn the clock because we can't stretch the field and have to rely on defense too much.

Juak, I’ve followed recruiting closely since 1985.

We inked no out-of-State 5 Star rated talent between Antonio Hall (2000) and Justin Rogers (2020).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT