ADVERTISEMENT

Yahtzee

He gone! Down the field, I mean, And you're not gonna catch him!

Based on "Average Star Rating" our class is ranked #19 now.
Surprised it's that low, and I bet several of the teams we are behind are from the SEC. Although several of them can afford to wait until the end trying for the five stars.

Reactions: entropy13
Jackson Smith hurts. Rivals just need not rank Kickers and Punters because they can't do it accurately.
Agree 100%, they are a very important part of the game, the Aussie we just lost won several games for us, and he was a 5.2 also. And ranked #1 in the nation by one kicking school guru. Then we also had a FG kicker in the same class that was rated a 5.5 that was very erratic, lost some very important games with him.

Last edited:
When that kicker is consistently getting FG's at 50 and beyond he's a 5 star in my book. We have seen how much a kicker means when they are missing chip shots causing us to lose vs a guy winning 2 huge games in a season on last second long fg's

I wonder why he only had 15 catches on the year ? he had great yards per catch and TD's but 15 is 1 about per game. Injury ? Time away for track ? I would say he just started taking football seriously and was mainly focused on track. Love the speed, now just get those hands soft and learn routes. Polish the WR skills and we could have us a Renaldo Nehemiah on our hands. His best in the 100 was 10.24, his claim to fame was 110 hurdles and was the 1st to ever break 13 seconds but he was a world class sprinter. He did not play football in college though, so maybe set the sights a little higher, Ted Ginn JR. Ole Skeets wasn't much of a football player and was laughed at for not having good hands while with the 49ers.

Reactions: jauk11
I wonder why he only had 15 catches on the year ? he had great yards per catch and TD's but 15 is 1 about per game. Injury ? Time away for track ? I would say he just started taking football seriously and was mainly focused on track. Love the speed, now just get those hands soft and learn routes. Polish the WR skills and we could have us a Renaldo Nehemiah on our hands. His best in the 100 was 10.24, his claim to fame was 110 hurdles and was the 1st to ever break 13 seconds but he was a world class sprinter. He did not play football in college though, so maybe set the sights a little higher, Ted Ginn JR. Ole Skeets wasn't much of a football player and was laughed at for not having good hands while with the 49ers.
Maybe the QB wasn't much of a passer.

Well on our way to our #30-35 national ranking.
It's what happens when you go almost three months with only two commitments and your recruiting slumps a bit as the dead period ends and other schools take advantage with visits and commitments.

Reactions: UKat1
It's what happens when you go almost three months with only two commitments and your recruiting slumps a bit as the dead period ends and other schools take advantage with visits and commitments.
I'm hoping they are waiting for some better talent when (if) we have a great season, with a passing attack to go with our running attack. And then we have done just great in the transfer portal. But I don't know that is all the reasoning, some recruits you have to take when you can, but then we already have several of those.

I'm hoping they are waiting for some better talent when (if) we have a great season, with a passing attack to go with our running attack. And then we have done just great in the transfer portal. But I don't know that is all the reasoning, some recruits you have to take when you can, but then we already have several of those.
Well, the offensive side of the 2022 class is almost done anyways. The defensive side, well, who knows what is going on there.

Reactions: mrschwump
So is he better WR than Jeremy Dillion....looks like we split them between Ole Miss and UK?

ADVERTISEMENT