ADVERTISEMENT

Yahtzee soon?

That tweet is from a month ago but Alex did retweet it.

If anything I think Peters will be the next commit IF someone is committing soon.

I read recently where Peters said he was still waiting on an OSU offer. So even if he commits the Bucks may be stashing him for later.

I read recently where Peters said he was still waiting on an OSU offer. So even if he commits the Bucks may be stashing him for later.
Hope they treat him as they did Conrad and Bowden... like a bunch of azzholz. Which is to say... early interest in UK means no offer so as to avoid possible embarrassment for Urban, at least until (too) late.

So much for the credibility of 247. Someone there didn't read this thread and posted that Blue is visiting UK today.:joy:

Not understanding this. Are you saying 247 is wrong about him visiting this weekend? Or something else?

Me either. I'd be surprised if he or anyone else visit this weekend with it being a holiday and school not in session plus camps in a couple of weeks. But, anything's possible I guess.

Just going by what's out there.

1. The tweet OP posted with the pic is from the visit in February when Riegelsperger committed.

2. There have been a few tweets by the Ohio recruits having fun with each other this last week.

3. No mention of a visit on Twitter by Blue or Riegelsperger, and we know Riegelsperger would tweet if he had anything.

4. No word from JR

To me that equals recruits having fun with each other (and fan bases) on twitter, and did I mention no word from JR.

Reactions: mrschwump
Blue Smith will be a stud wherever he goes.

As far as who is most important and would be the jewels of the class, that would be Jarren Williams and Xavier Peters. Already have one and if we get Peters we will be set.

Reactions: why_not_kentucky
There are typically verbals every June since Stoops got here. So more should come soon. But I doubt Blue Smith or Peters will verbal to anyone soon, because both are receiving more and more P5 offers every month. Seems to me that both will probably wait. But if Smith verbals early to Kentucky, would be a huge get for us. Not because of his nickname or his friendship with other verbals from Ohio, but because of the impact of Smith, Richardson, Bowden, Thomas on our future receiver roster to go along with Jarren Williams and Danny Clark. That's a lot of elite tools for Coach Gran and Coach Hinshaw to work with.

Reactions: redbudman
Just going by what's out there.

1. The tweet OP posted with the pic is from the visit in February when Riegelsperger committed.

2. There have been a few tweets by the Ohio recruits having fun with each other this last week.

3. No mention of a visit on Twitter by Blue or Riegelsperger, and we know Riegelsperger would tweet if he had anything.

4. No word from JR

To me that equals recruits having fun with each other (and fan bases) on twitter, and did I mention no word from JR.
He's on campus today.Wiltfong reporting that a "major recruit visiting UK" today.

He's on campus today.Wiltfong reporting that a "major recruit visiting UK" today.
If he is on camps, awesome , if he isn't it wouldn't be the first time Wiltfong is a little "trigger happy" to report something without fact checking. Just saying (read OP and 1. In my post)

If he is on camps, awesome , if he isn't it wouldn't be the first time Wiltfong is a little "trigger happy" to report something without fact checking. Just saying (read OP and 1. In ny post)
Wiltfong isn't perfect, but IMO he's a pretty credible recruiting analyst.

If he is on camps, awesome , if he isn't it wouldn't be the first time Wiltfong is a little "trigger happy" to report something without fact checking. Just saying (read OP and 1. In my post)
Other folks in the thread on HOB are saying it's Blue Smith.....add that, plus Wiltfong's tweet, plus Alex R's retweet of that pic of Smith and Peters with Marrow and I think we can all deduct that it's Smith on campus (hopefully).

Maybe it's someone else (Peters?), either way - it's good news that a major recruit is on campus right now.

No indication the Blue visit happened last weekend, but lot of chatter that it will take place this coming weekend. Him and a bunch of other recruits. Similar group that visited UC last weekend.

Reactions: TNTUK
It sounds like he may be visiting this weekend. There is a big group of Ohio talent heading to Lexington this weekend- Bates, Upshaw, Hawkins, possibly Blue & Oats, etc.

It sounds like he may be visiting this weekend. There is a big group of Ohio talent heading to Lexington this weekend- Bates, Upshaw, Hawkins, possibly Blue & Oats, etc.

I didn't know Oats would be with Blue. He's usually with Daryl Hall. Otherwise, I think he'd say "I can't go for that".

Oats would be a good get, though, b/c he's a real Maneater.

Reactions: football follies
Rowland said he did not visit.

Since he didn't commit last week I consider it a good thing he didn't visit since he is supposed to visit this weekend,, not that a commit this weekend is absolutely necessary. It's his life.

I noticed somewhere that June is a "quiet" period in recruiting, can anyone explain what that means, doesn't sound like this weekend is a "quiet" weekend. Are the coaches traveling this month or are they staying home?

Since he didn't commit last week I consider it a good thing he didn't visit since he is supposed to visit this weekend,, not that a commit this weekend is absolutely necessary. It's his life.

I noticed somewhere that June is a "quiet" period in recruiting, can anyone explain what that means, doesn't sound like this weekend is a "quiet" weekend. Are the coaches traveling this month or are they staying home?

I think most schools have on campus camps during June.

You could Google it or go to ncaa. org and find it yourself, but I saved you the time. You should find all the answers here:

http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/resources/recruiting-calendars

You could Google it or go to ncaa. org and find it yourself, but I saved you the time. You should find all the answers here:

http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/resources/recruiting-calendars

Thanks, I appreciate it. I even copied and pasted it to an email to myself so I can find it later--------something lazy people do.

And while my laziness has always been a strong point it has been surging lately, I suspect I could be approaching top ten in the nation, does anyone know where I can look that up?

I know everyone wants another verbal soon, but as far as I am concerned sometimes no news is good news. Of course if we get a verbal from some of the recruits mentioned a lot on here lately, like Peters, great news and it adds to our recruiting momentum. But if we just add commits to fill out our class and then win 9 or 10 games I would rather that we had waited until later. We have to be choosy and I think we are winning the right to be able to do that. I would prefer to wait to see what we do this fall before we fill up the class.

You walk a fine line in recruiting a lot of the time, what a complicated mess it must be sometimes, balancing your chances with all the talent out there.

Reactions: Littlefeller
ADVERTISEMENT