ADVERTISEMENT

Yahtzee 2024 OL Aba Selm commits to Kentucky

6 P5 offers other than UK: Penn St., MO, IL, IN, UofL, etc.

Good looking prospect and a KY kid who may want to stick with the home team. We can't get too many good linemen, imo.

Here is the question.

1. Hayes Johnson is a guard or center all the way to me.
2. Is Aba Selm a tackle all the way....we need tackles a ton more than guards to me.

- Guard: Horsey is a Sr, Jager Burton, I think Bowles will stick at guard, Bingham is a guard all the way, Rodriguez is a guard probably, Hayes Johnson is a guard
- Tackles: We lose Cox and Flax after this year...then what? Is Buford going to stick at tackle? Wohlbaugh is a tackle (but he has a long way to go), Nik Hall probably sticks at tackle, Joshua Jones, Malachi Woods and Austin Ramsey look like tackles.

But we need bodies to be in the 2 deep in 2024 bigtime at the tackles with Goodwin flaming out.

Reactions: The-Hack
Here is the question.

2. Is Aba Selm a tackle all the way....we need tackles a ton more than guards to me.

- Guard: Horsey is a Sr, Jager Burton, I think Bowles will stick at guard, Bingham is a guard all the way, Rodriguez is a guard probably, Hayes Johnson is a guard
- Tackles: We lose Cox and Flax after this year...then what? Is Buford going to stick at tackle? Wohlbaugh is a tackle (but he has a long way to go), Nik Hall probably sticks at tackle, Joshua Jones, Malachi Woods and Austin Ramsey look like tackles.

But we need bodies to be in the 2 deep in 2024 bigtime at the tackles with Goodwin flaming out.
They say that Selm is a guard. Also, they moved Wohlbaugh to right guard this season. Josh Jones I thought they said he was a guard also? And pretty sure they said that Ramsey will be a guard. Of course they could move one of the guards to tackle next season. But yeah, OT is where we need some new blood coming in soon.

We are definitely going to be heavy portal shopping for O tackles for 2024. Hell we still really need a quality right one for 2023.

We are definitely going to be heavy portal shopping for O tackles for 2024. Hell we still really need a quality right one for 2023.
That is what I think also. We need another good one for 2023. Only ones I am seeing for sure are Cox and Hall at LOT and Flax and Buford at ORT with Wood coming in as a frosh. And they talk like Buford is really better at guard but has to be at tackle because he moves better in space than all the guards. Cox is coming off an injury and Flax needs to drop weight to get better. We don't want to go through another season at OT positions like last season so if we don't get another portal after spring practice that will probably be the position that could kill us next season.

Reactions: JHB4UK and The-Hack
They say that Selm is a guard. Also, they moved Wohlbaugh to right guard this season. Josh Jones I thought they said he was a guard also? And pretty sure they said that Ramsey will be a guard. Of course they could move one of the guards to tackle next season. But yeah, OT is where we need some new blood coming in soon.
I don’t believe all those guys are guards. Wohlbaugh is too tall to be a. Guard to me

It's a spot everyone wants & needs to fill. Just not enough of them to go around.

I don’t believe all those guys are guards. Wohlbaugh is too tall to be a. Guard to me
Wohlbaugh was not quick enough at LOT last year. After a couple of games he wasn't starting. When the ROG went out some they put him there some, but he didn't play much all year. They may try one or two of the guards at OT in the spring and see how they do but right now they are all guards unless they try Jones at OT but last year he was listed as OG I believe. We need OT's in the worst way. If the starters were solid we could possibly get by but LOT Cox is coming off an injury and ROT Flax did not play well last year. Like Rembrandt has said, I think Hall is going to be really good at OT but the others are questions. If Cox doesn't have a recurring injury I think he will be pretty solid with his experience and good history.

Here is the question.

Selm is a left tackle for Simon Kenton. Also can play guard or center. Was starting center on varsity his freshman year. Also plays defensive. He can play any line position on both sides Had 33 tackles 21 solo and 3 or more sacks and that’s impressive as not playing every defensive down. according to an article I read Which was about the all state team which he made first team offense. Also made All State 6A team offense on prep red zone which has been praising him with articles the last two years.some good reading there. Also made All State TSF team which is tri state football. Kid has a great football IQ talent and will continue to take it to the next level.

Bruh, be careful what you ask for. That acronym means something far, far different on the rest of the interwebs. Would not recommend (unless that's your thing).
I have no idea what it means there. But, I am not about to be afraid of cheering on the Big Blue Wall because someone else uses those letters for something ugly.

Reactions: Daniel1962
Selm's coach said that he is athletic, agile, strong and fast. Can play any position on either side of the line. Does not look like he is almost 300 pounds. Selm said that the reputation that UK's OL has is something he really likes. Wants to be a part of carrying that on and likes how the coaches are really good at getting players prepared for the pro's. He does sound like a true 4 star with credentials like that.

Last edited:
Selm is a left tackle for Simon Kenton. Also can play guard or center. Was starting center on varsity his freshman year. Also plays defensive. He can play any line position on both sides Had 33 tackles 21 solo and 3 or more sacks and that’s impressive as not playing every defensive down. according to an article I read Which was about the all state team which he made first team offense. Also made All State 6A team offense on prep red zone which has been praising him with articles the last two years.some good reading there. Also made All State TSF team which is tri state football. Kid has a great football IQ talent and will continue to take it to the next level.
Yeah he looks athletic enough to be versatile but athleticism usually leads to being a good OT instead of inside player.

I have no idea what it means there. But, I am not about to be afraid of cheering on the Big Blue Wall because someone else uses those letters for something ugly.
good-boy-pat-on-head.gif

Here is the question.

Aba selm plays left tackle,guard or center also any position on defensive line. Great at plowing down defensive backs. Check him out on huddle AWSOME TAPE

ADVERTISEMENT