ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Scrimmage Saturday at 11:00

167Hike

Sophomore
Gold Member
Feb 3, 2003
Who's going to the scrimmage this Saturday at the new baseball stadium? Scheduled to start at 11:00, gates are going to open at 10:45, seats are first come first served and parking (ha) is in the Purple lot (but you have to be gone by 3:30 unless you have a purple lot pass for the football game). Limited concessions on a cash sale only. Wish I could be there (I will but I will be parking cars for the football game).

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
That should be a lot of fun to go to. If someone does go, I'm requesting a full report.

I'll be there....we get in really early, so I can watch BP. :)

They also sent out an email letting season ticket holders do a self-guided tour of the stadium starting at 11am-2pm on Saturday.

Last edited:
Reactions: Comebakatz3
Really hoping that Jeff or someone is able to get over there and do a scrimmage report. Would love to know who is penciled in as starters this early. I am sure there will be a lot of rotation and probably won't really be any rules regarding subs, but knowing who started, who stood out, etc. would be really nice.

Reed, Bennett, Lewis, Olsen, Hill, Collett..wont be playing tomorrow.

Collett still recovering, the rest all have mild injuries.

Apparently we lost 6-2.

Thompson started and threw 2 scoreless. Ramsey followed him and did the same. Freshman righty Alex Degen took over and gave up 1 run.

UK scored 2 on an RBI from Kessler.

Got all this from Twitter.

I stayed up to 2:00. Thompson was just ok. Ramsey looked good. Didn’t seem to throw that hard, got his strike outs on change ups. The other pitchers looked overwhelmed. I guess they haven’t worked too much on hitting, because there wasn’t any. But I will say the Xavier starting pitcher was throwing smoke. I saw the radar he was consistently hitting 95-96. The other pitchers they threw we should have hit.

The stadium was great. The turf is awesome. But I didn’t understand the logo behind home plate. You could hardly make it out.

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
Xavier pitchers = pumped strikes

UK pitchers = full counts all day long

Don't read too much into it, though, because it wasn't treated like a real game. They tried to get a bunch of different guys in there for some competitive experience.

The scoreboard said 6-5 UK - maybe they didn't want a 9-2 to hang up there [laughing]

I and grandsons were there and received the grand tour. Complex is ultra modern, going to be fan friendly for sure! Met Mitch in the visitors dressing room and he says all work left to do will be complete by first of the year.
Watched Zack and Jimmy pitch both did well. Didn't see much hitting by CATS and most of the players I just did not know.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT