ADVERTISEMENT

WV Player punches fan

That was no where no how a push. Dude a swing and hit the fan in the head.

Looks another player threw some punches at the end of the video too.

Breaking news: Huggins suspends the player indefinitely.

Huggins said, "Any player of mine who takes a swing at a fan better knock him on his a** or he can sit on the bench until he learns to do it right. That fan should have been on his back and unable to get up and would have been if I had taken a swing!"

There is no way in hell that you could determine that it 'was a punch' from that 'Where's Waldo' video. But if it WAS a punch, he isn't much of a fighter, because the guy who nearly lost his hat continued walking and jumping up and down.

You get on the court, you deserve to have your clock cleaned. You get near a player from the other side, screaming and yelling and I think the player has a 'reasonable expectation of physical injury. Intentionally putting another person in reasonable apprehension of an imminent harmful or offensive contact. Intent to cause physical injury is not required, and physical injury does not need to result.' Self-defense to chuck one at his face.

You need some glasses, I can see him just fine clock the fan in the head knocking his hat off. Also, fans rushing the floor (however pathetic that might be) is not a reason to attack them.

Breaking news: Huggins suspends the player indefinitely.

Huggins said, "Any player of mine who takes a swing at a fan better knock him on his a** or he can sit on the bench until he learns to do it right. That fan should have been on his back and unable to get up and would have been if I had taken a swing!"

That was a joke, btw.

Reasonable injury? He hit the fan in the side or back of the fan's head (as the fan was running PAST him)
Maybe that fan called his mother a name as he ran by and deserved it...
but don't make up shit to fit your view. And trying to use legal definitions to invalidate video evidence may not be a great defense. Just sayin

No one said he was injured. I wrote reasonable EXPECTATION of injury. It's the perfect defense. Guy ran over, and shoved him, in a crowd of people. He might have popped him. No one can tell from a cell phone video taken from 200 feet away in the second level of a sports stadium. He was assaulted anyway by a guy who had no valid reason to be there. He reasonably responded IF he landed a punch. Just saying.

You need some glasses, I can see him just fine clock the fan in the head knocking his hat off. Also, fans rushing the floor (however pathetic that might be) is not a reason to attack them.
You have it backwards. No player attacked anyone. Looked to me like there were at least two other assaults by the mob, and players fought their way out. There is EVERY reason to fight back from unruly fans. A career ending injury from a mob is the one that comes to mind . You need glasses that don't reflect a bias. You WANT to see a landed punch. You just can't tell. What you really see is a swing.

Thuggins teaches that crap. His UC teams were the biggest bunch of punks ever.
( Hope punks isn't a racist term for you libs out there)

Reactions: kornucopia
Thuggins teaches that crap. His UC teams were the biggest bunch of punks ever.
( Hope punks isn't a racist term for you libs out there)

Nah since any of those "punks" ....would likely punk you out forum tough guy.....and the fact you felt the need to add that last part tells everyone the truth

Reactions: plaxico80
Nah since any of those "punks" ....would likely punk you out forum tough guy.....and the fact you felt the need to add that last part tells everyone the truth
Exactly. That for clearing that up.
A liberal UC fan...what a horrible existence.

No one said he was injured. I wrote reasonable EXPECTATION of injury. It's the perfect defense. Guy ran over, and shoved him, in a crowd of people. He might have popped him. No one can tell from a cell phone video taken from 200 feet away in the second level of a sports stadium. He was assaulted anyway by a guy who had no valid reason to be there. He reasonably responded IF he landed a punch. Just saying.
Keep saying...
Just sayin

Court storming is played out, everyone does it these days. Why would security just let people rush the court by Wvu's bench?

Was that a chick he punched?
Not sure of gender, I think we should wait for the words from the receiver of the punch what gender he/she/them/that/it are. There are just so many these days and it is hard to tell. They are so interchangeable now that you can claim whatever is advantageous for getting paid at the time.

Not sure of gender, I think we should wait for the words from the receiver of the punch what gender he/she/them/that/it are. There are just so many these days and it is hard to tell. They are so interchangeable now that you can claim whatever is advantageous for getting paid at the time.

57 I think.

If they happen to beat us at home. You can best bet they will storm the court. I don't care if they are still ranked ahead of us at the time.
They stormed the court the last two years against Kansas.

Not a big deal. I wouldn't blame a player for KO'ing some frat boy that got in his face after a bad loss. Remember the Kenan Thompson lookalike trying to antagonize Aaron Harrison? Antigua might've saved that dude a serious beatdown.

harrisonarkfan2.jpeg
Classic. Sure miss those two teams the Harrisons were on.

Reactions: Slowwalker
You have it backwards. No player attacked anyone. Looked to me like there were at least two other assaults by the mob, and players fought their way out. There is EVERY reason to fight back from unruly fans. A career ending injury from a mob is the one that comes to mind . You need glasses that don't reflect a bias. You WANT to see a landed punch. You just can't tell. What you really see is a swing.
Did you watch the whole video or just look at the picture. You can clearly see the fan goin passed the plyer without even glancing at the player..totally unprovoked..

OT: Ole Hug has got some serious paunch going on. It's riding high like he is about to drop a kid or two...Ole boy has some serious grocery issues among sustenance issues...

Did you watch the whole video or just look at the picture. You can clearly see the fan goin passed the plyer without even glancing at the player..totally unprovoked..
About 15 times. Stop and go Stop and go. Clearly white hat guy ran into the player and some else just before him. He would have been knocked out or down if he got hit to the head, unless he was hit by a woman. He barely had his hat turned from running into the guy. The better fight was further in the front of the screen, where two of the Huggies Nuggies held off about 50. Did you watch the whole video or just what ESPissmeoff told you to?

OT: Ole Hug has got some serious paunch going on. It's riding high like he is about to drop a kid or two...Ole boy has some serious grocery issues among sustenance issues...
And didn't he have a cardiac bybass a couple of years ago? Seems like Cal went to see him in the hospital. Ought to lay off the cheeseburgers.

Shhhhh. The atty says the player felt there was a reasonable chance off injury from the slight breeze, made as the fan was running by him.
And; if were retaliation from that fan pushing another player...
Smh

Still don't put much blame on the player. Fan shouldn't have said nothing to the player. They just lost a hard fought game and I'm sure he was pissed.

So that gives the player the right to batter someone? What if that player does poorly on a quiz he tried real hard on? Can he punch the next kid he sees in the quad? What if he loses a quarter in the vending machine? Kick a person? When do you hold a person accountable for their actions and stop giving poor choices an excuse because they were “pissed?”

Reactions: Kuhldaddy
So that gives the player the right to batter someone? What if that player does poorly on a quiz he tried real hard on? Can he punch the next kid he sees in the quad? What if he loses a quarter in the vending machine? Kick a person? When do you hold a person accountable for their actions and stop giving poor choices an excuse because they were “pissed?”
The vending machine ain't gonna talk shit to his face after taking his quarter. Fans problem for being a dumbass.

The vending machine ain't gonna talk shit to his face after taking his quarter. Fans problem for being a dumbass.

The fan, regardless of how stupid court storming is, did nothing wrong. He was just running to join the mob of people in the center of the floor. The player, probably pissed that they lost and seeing people celebrate it, lost his cool and took a swing.

If being a dumbass was reason enough to get your ass beat, we would have far fewer posters on this forum.

The fan, regardless of how stupid court storming is, did nothing wrong. He was just running to join the mob of people in the center of the floor. The player, probably pissed that they lost and seeing people celebrate it, lost his cool and took a swing.

If being a dumbass was reason enough to get your ass beat, we would have far fewer posters on this forum.
Every person that storms the court is In the wrong.

Reactions: kev69
Every person that storms the court is In the wrong.

And the punishment should be getting punched in the face? I agreed that it is stupid to rush the court, however agreeing that it is okay to punch someone because they do something stupid is well.....pretty effing stupid.

Last edited:
more than a few instances of this happening in football.

Its referred to as "The Stanford Band"

in the past the general opinion has been - that's what you get for storming the field and getting in an athlete's face.

basketball may be different - played a role in us ending the IU/UK home and home

Reactions: Saven
And the punishment should be getting punched in the face? I agreed that it is stupid to rush the court, however agreeing that it is okay to punch someone because they do something stupid is well.....pretty effing stupid.
We don't know what was said to the player. Those dudes just lost a hard fought game and I'm sure they were pissed. I think we can just agree that all court storming should be banned. It was just a matter of time before someone got hurt.

We don't know what was said to the player. Those dudes just lost a hard fought game and I'm sure they were pissed. I think we can just agree that all court storming should be banned. It was just a matter of time before someone got hurt.

So depending on what he said to the player makes it okay or not to punch him in the face? Keep going...

Reactions: flacat22
there has always been a % on here that wants to storm the court or supports storming the court - usually students

and have fought against the perception that fans shouldn't storm the court.

If I were 20, I'd probably be more inline to agree with them, then again if I were 20, I'd be on Tinder and not some basketball message board.

Huggy Bear looks like he could drop dead at any moment. IMO, he's the most underrated coach in CBB by a wide margin.

Reactions: crpoore
ADVERTISEMENT