ADVERTISEMENT

WV Player punches fan

Snackbar1130

Blue Chip Prospect
Aug 9, 2010
Hazard, Ky
WVU Player Appears to Throw Punch at Fan After Texas Tech Crowd Stormed Court
S.I.A.P , was on twitter..just wondering if player will be suspended?

Not a big deal. I wouldn't blame a player for KO'ing some frat boy that got in his face after a bad loss. Remember the Kenan Thompson lookalike trying to antagonize Aaron Harrison? Antigua might've saved that dude a serious beatdown.

harrisonarkfan2.jpeg

I don't blame the players. Fans don't belong on the playing surface in any sport. I cringe when we do it in football and that's even somewhat less dangerous because of the extra space.

Storming the court is bush league, dangerous and just asking for something like this or much, much worse to happen one of these days.

I don't mind storming the court but let the players get off the court before the fans get on the court..I don't know the perfect plan how to do that but that would solve the situations like yesterday..

The kids shouldn't be on the court... but they were not pulling the in-your-face, like the AH situation. Huggie's players should be suspended... especially the 2nd puncher, who left the line to go after someone.

Reactions: ok-cats-computer
I can't even imagine how miserably pathetic a program has to be before they storm the court after beating West Virginia. I don't even mean to insult West Virginia, but still, that's truly, unbelievably pathetic. Next up, rushing the court after beating ETSU.

And I say that with full expectation that WV beats us.

If I were a player and lost after giving all I had and some punk ran on the floor and yelled or got in my face. He is getting his ass kicked. They need to stop this storming the floor crap.

If I were a player and lost after giving all I had and some punk ran on the floor and yelled or got in my face. He is getting his ass kicked. They need to stop this storming the floor crap.

It doesn’t look like the fan did anything to the player. It looks like the fan was just running out there and accidentally bumped into him in this case.

Now in the case of the Aaron Harrison incident, the fan deserved to get his teeth knocked out.

It doesn’t look like the fan did anything to the player. It looks like the fan was just running out there and accidentally bumped into him in this case.

Now in the case of the Aaron Harrison incident, the fan deserved to get his teeth knocked out.

Having problems with internet due to weather as I can not see the video. But this fans rushing the floor is going to get someone hurt.

That was no where no how a push. Dude a swing and hit the fan in the head.

Looks another player threw some punches at the end of the video too.
There is no way in hell that you could determine that it 'was a punch' from that 'Where's Waldo' video. But if it WAS a punch, he isn't much of a fighter, because the guy who nearly lost his hat continued walking and jumping up and down.

You get on the court, you deserve to have your clock cleaned. You get near a player from the other side, screaming and yelling and I think the player has a 'reasonable expectation of physical injury. Intentionally putting another person in reasonable apprehension of an imminent harmful or offensive contact. Intent to cause physical injury is not required, and physical injury does not need to result.' Self-defense to chuck one at his face.

This is the reason Cal stopped the series with IU. No punches thrown but IU acted like they had never been there before. Need more security to protect all. I do think the West Virginia player threw an unprovoked punch.

At Arkansas Arron Harrison used a lot of self control with the psycho AR. fan as coach Antigua trying to get between them.

I'm afraid sometime somewhere someone is going to get hurt really bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: brianpoe
There is no way in hell that you could determine that it 'was a punch' from that 'Where's Waldo' video. But if it WAS a punch, he isn't much of a fighter, because the guy who nearly lost his hat continued walking and jumping up and down.

You get on the court, you deserve to have your clock cleaned. You get near a player from the other side, screaming and yelling and I think the player has a 'reasonable expectation of physical injury. Intentionally putting another person in reasonable apprehension of an imminent harmful or offensive contact. Intent to cause physical injury is not required, and physical injury does not need to result.' Self-defense to chuck one at his face.
Reasonable injury? He hit the fan in the side or back of the fan's head (as the fan was running PAST him)
Maybe that fan called his mother a name as he ran by and deserved it...
but don't make up shit to fit your view. And trying to use legal definitions to invalidate video evidence may not be a great defense. Just sayin

I can't even imagine how miserably pathetic a program has to be before they storm the court after beating West Virginia. I don't even mean to insult West Virginia, but still, that's truly, unbelievably pathetic. Next up, rushing the court after beating ETSU.

And I say that with full expectation that WV beats us.
True. I'll live a thumbs up to storm the court if they beat KU twice though.[winking]

Not a big deal. I wouldn't blame a player for KO'ing some frat boy that got in his face after a bad loss. Remember the Kenan Thompson lookalike trying to antagonize Aaron Harrison? Antigua might've saved that dude a serious beatdown.

harrisonarkfan2.jpeg
You are stupid enough to rush the floor and say something to an opposing player you deserve to get punched.

Reactions: The_Catfather
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT