ADVERTISEMENT

WSU Coach Wife the talk of the WSU rivals board...

i have to admit, i actually went to the forum.

I had no idea they have enough fans to actually have discussion on the board. #Shocked

Reactions: UKUGA
If you had ever met the hubby you would think in comparison this is nothing.Dealt with many college coaches and Gregg Marshall is one of the biggest a-holes that I have ever met.Literally had to physically stop one of my players dad from going after him
Do tell more.

Reactions: ManitouDan
The misinformation and hypocrisy of many in this thread is unbelievable. The hypocrisy of all of the media involved is the same. Goody two shoes all of you.

I will take Lynn over any coaches wife in this country. This thread sure brings out the moles and trolls too. I think maybe Fever will come along and drain the swamp. Why don't you change your allegiance to the flagship, where abuse of women, vandalism, osctracizing members of the women's bball team are endorsed. Making Lynn feel bad about any of this makes me sick. Get a life losers.

This is all being fanned by those up North to hide their true crimes.

Oh, and KU is behind it too.

Gotta be honest, when all this broke and the videos started to appear I thought Karen Sypher might have a new beau.

So, they are deleting the UK fan posts while their posters are now attacking the posts/posters.

At least here, we let opposing fans express opinions.

Reactions: ManitouDan
Your Kentucky "media" appears to be heavily biased and slanted and amateurish. They were begging and looking for a UK slight from WSU personnel from every press conference. They then turned those comments around, mentioned them out-of-context and invoked a sense of "disrespect" to Cal and the UK players that really wasn't there. That's about as small-time as you can get. Some "media".

I think your "media" should have spent more time watching the game than taking videos and tweeting out borderline libel garbage during a freaking NCAA Tournament game. That screams lack of professionalism to me.

Reactions: Bluest Member
Your Kentucky "media" appears to be heavily biased and slanted and amateurish. They were begging and looking for a UK slight from WSU personnel from every press conference. They then turned those comments around, mentioned them out-of-context and invoked a sense of "disrespect" to Cal and the UK players that really wasn't there. That's about as small-time as you can get. Some "media".

I think your "media" should have spent more time watching the game than taking videos and tweeting out borderline libel garbage during a freaking NCAA Tournament game. That screams lack of professionalism to me.

Well, they might have a point on this one. It was KSR afterall![winking][roll]

Gotta admit, the videos are pretty lame.

But that's typical. She was misbehaving and then he turns his camera on her and doesn't get the worst behavior.

Shocker fans, desperate to defend her, want to pretend that those videos are everything.

And why would Drew Franklin be working in cahoots with this lady from TVQ?

Gotta admit, the videos are pretty lame.

But that's typical. She was misbehaving and then he turns his camera on her and doesn't get the worst behavior.

Shocker fans, desperate to defend her, want to pretend that those videos are everything.

And why would Drew Franklin be working in cahoots with this lady from TVQ?
Franklin is releasing more video. But, all of that is irrelevant. Even without video it is known that arena security had to visit with her 3 times. Nuff said.

I didnt think the vid's of her berating Monk were lame at all. You are the coaches wife , you dont get the chance to act like an average Joe .

Agreed. There is something called "respect" and I think most of us would be appalled if one or our coaches or one of their wives were yelling stupid insults at the other team's players.

Her insults weren't "hurtful" but they did show a level of dumbness that would make me ashamed if she were one of ours.

Much ado about nothing .. can't believe this is a thread on here during Sweet 16 week.

Reactions: MO_Blue
I didnt think the vid's of her berating Monk were lame at all. You are the coaches wife , you dont get the chance to act like an average Joe .

BTW, shocker fans were saying that if Monk gets his feelings hurt over what she said, he will have a hard time in the NBA! At least he will be IN the NBA!!!!![banana]

Reactions: UKUGA
Originally Posted by Stickboy46:
I think it's also important to recognize, that while Lynn didn't do what she was supposed it, the reporter also didn't doo what she was supposed to when she was more concerned about a fan, than the game that she was using her media credentials to cover.

Welcome to the microscope that is UK basketball. What is the term for hillbilly paparazzi?

So, 2 wrongs make a right? She was wrong. Period.

They just lacked bite. When you've been told that a bunch of bad things happened and see a video that barely provides a glimpse, it's pretty underwhelming.

I don't even care for Matt Jones and that Drew guy, however, I've heard it from plenty of people there besides them.

Wichita fan - the wife of a coach isn't your "average fan" no matter how much you try and spin. You show a level of decorum as a wife of a coach and not act like a drunken fool.

I've NEVER heard of a wife of a coach act this wAy...NEVER. Shows something about her character

They just lacked bite. When you've been told that a bunch of bad things happened and see a video that barely provides a glimpse, it's pretty underwhelming.

I'm sure if you're shooting something live, most can't go up and say "excuse me miss, can you repeat that?"

You hear her start acting like a fool and then you scurry to try and get video

Wichita has fans and a board they post on? How many people - 10, 15?
Interesting.

Salty ass fanbase, salty ass coach, salty ass coach's wife.

The thing here is that this lady, who's supposed to represent the Wichita State fan-base and program as its #1 fan, goes to games (and apparently has a history, per multiple reports) inebriated, screaming profanities at opposing coaches, opposing coaches' wives, opposing players, and officials. She's defiant to establishment authority, and has an inability to act appropriately in a proper setting (outbursts in press conferences, for example).

This is a grown ass woman, who due to the nature of her husband's work, is held to a higher standard (whether right or wrong, when you're an immediate family member to a person in any kind of position of power, you're expected to behave with class), and her children are apologizing to strangers for her behavior. Really? That's humiliating for that school, and that family.

Makes me feel blessed that Cal has a wife like Ellen, who has NEVER been anything short of a total, well-mannered class act. She has her own ways of viciously supporting our program and its players, acting like a mother figure to all of them, while also having the ability to be perfectly well mannered in public and even doing many things to support the community, just as she's expected to (and even beyond expectations) at an even higher degree because of the microscope that all think UK basketball is under.

It took 2 nationally televised games involving UK for Marshall's wife to get destroyed by national and international media for her actions. I know that WSU's fan-base (as idiotic as they seem) desperately want their program to be a high level national scale program, but at this point, it's fair to question whether it's genuinely built for that kind of publicity, starting with the people in its positions of power. There was the Gregg Marshall debacle with the ref up in Canada, over an exhibition game, and then there was this. 2 major negative headlines in one season involving both the program's coach, and his wife, is a major issue for a school seeking national publicity and respect. That school's administration is going to have to get both Marshall, and his wife under control, and find ways to get them to behave in a professional manner.

Aside from that, Gregg Marshall's entire coaching mantra lies on disrespect to his program. I'm dying to see what card he would play once they finally start getting respect. Hard to say "They look at us like Emporia State!" when people are looking at your program as one of the best in the country, and these kids are familiar with public perception. They Google themselves, they see what's being said about them and their program. He doesn't want to be made out as a liar by his own team, that's for damn sure, but who knows how his mantra would change. One thing is certain though, based on his actions and his wife's actions this year (and obviously as recently as yesterday), it's a long way to go before he leads a program that gets positive traction under the national spotlight.

How stupid is this B*****? EVERYONE is a journalist these days as practically everyone has a phone with a camera..I don't care who you are or where you are at, if you act like a dang fool and show your ass, it WILL show up somewhere on line..celebrity or not..people enjoy videoing someone doing or saying something stupid and posting it on line for folks to see so they will get credit for it..

Something just dawned on me.

I don't recall CBS giving her any air time yesterday, which is unusual for a coaches' wife, especially the coach of an underdog during a hotly contested tournament game.

Given her behavior, it makes perfect sense and supports the idea that she was an embarrassment.

Reactions: Wall Knight Teague
BF3.jpg

Somebody should ask them if Lynn or the rest of the jackasses are gonna be yelling like morons from their living room this weekend.

Sounds like they need to all knocked down a peg or two on the totem pole. You're Wichita State. Not Kentucky. Not Kansas. Not Carolina. Not Duke.

Wichita. State. Sit down and shut up.

Only one place Gregg can coach now besides WS. ARKANSAS. She will fit right in and so would he.

Think it's all a much ado about nothing. Could really care less if she's cheering and screaming at the refs. That is what happens at bb games.

Seems media is more outraged with her letting out a f-bomb than coach K releasing demons from his mouth.

She complained to the NCAA about the video, so she knew what it contained. That should say it all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT