ADVERTISEMENT

Wow! Check out the new floor!

I remember watching the All Star Game festivities thinking "this needs to become someone's permanent floor."

I'm sure many would be nervous that a glitch will occur as a major play occurs during a game, causing problems.

1. Is this permanent?
2. If it is permanent, what happens to the new wooden floor we just got?
3. Is it actually durable enough to handle a full season?
4. How nicely does it play with replay cameras?

Interesting, but seems kinda gimmicky. Kinda like the Las Vegas ball. Maybe I just don't get it. I'll have to look up its use.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I don't scream for kids to get off my grass. However, I do have a negative question. Does the floor increase the chance of injuries? I know the NBA used it, but I admit to being clueless how they used it.

Pope said the Blue/White game will be a full competitive practice. BBM is usually a glorified introduction to the team. I'm all for using the floor for 3 pt contest, dunk contest, etc... However, a knee/ankle injury at BBM is not worth the new shiny penny.

I'm sure Pope's crew knows all the details about the floor and what should/should not take place.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I don't scream for kids to get off my grass. However, I do have a negative question. Does the floor increase the chance of injuries? I know the NBA used it, but I admit to being clueless how they used it.

Pope said the Blue/White game will be a full competitive practice. BBM is usually a glorified introduction to the team. I'm all for using the floor for 3 pt contest, dunk contest, etc... However, a knee/ankle injury at BBM is not worth the new shiny penny.

I'm sure Pope's crew knows all the details about the floor and what should/should not take place.
This is from the manufacturer's website.
Image-9-25-24-at-3-24-PM.jpg

So, if the manufacturer's listed facts - as posted by Smashcat above - are correct, what are the drawbacks of this kind of floor vs wood. For instance, can it be removed for other events or is it so strong that isn't even necessary (I suppose it's possible to get glass/glass like thick enough to withstand anything that would be scheduled for Rupp).

1. Is this permanent?
2. If it is permanent, what happens to the new wooden floor we just got?
3. Is it actually durable enough to handle a full season?
4. How nicely does it play with replay cameras?

Interesting, but seems kinda gimmicky. Kinda like the Las Vegas ball. Maybe I just don't get it. I'll have to look up its use.
The Sphere in Las Vegas is a sight to behold. You should check it out if you’re in that area, it’s amazing.

Reactions: UKhoopCat
When the NBA all star thread talked about this floor, there was some discussion. That from a teaching perspective, it could be great. Lines and arrows on the floor during practice to show players where to go, etc. Instead of drawing up inbounds plays, it just appears on the floor while working on them during practice.

I wonder how much it cost to rent this thing for the event and if this has been used since the all star game.

Adou Thiero shat himself last year on the team's bus ride on the way to the Louisville game.

And you know what the worst part was, beyond the ungodly smell? He tried denying that he poopied his pants and said that he'd been pranked -- that it was actually D.J. Wagner who took a dump in Adou's pants. He went on to bizarrely explain that the night before D.J. must have taken a dookie in Adou's pants, and then Adou put the pants on the next morning without realizing there was poo inside. But no one believed him because he didn't smell all that morning and he didn't smell when they first got on the bus, but twenty minutes into the trip it came on like a wave. It almost got heated between Adou and D.J. You know, a lot of folks around the program lost a ton of respect for Adou that day since he didn't own up to making the pile of poop that was found in his trousers. The poop was his and he knows it.

OP is well adapted to the blank posts as I do recall another recent one of these.
I believe it’s vision thing for him and a settings piece. If you reply to his post and scroll over top of it, you can see what he wrote. I think he can view it fine on his end and forgets that we can’t see it.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Adou Thiero shat himself last year on the team's bus ride on the way to the Louisville game.

And you know what the worst part was, beyond the ungodly smell? He tried denying that he poopied his pants and said that he'd been pranked -- that it was actually D.J. Wagner who took a dump in Adou's pants. He went on to bizarrely explain that the night before D.J. must have taken a dookie in Adou's pants, and then Adou put the pants on the next morning without realizing there was poo inside. But no one believed him because he didn't smell all that morning and he didn't smell when they first got on the bus, but twenty minutes into the trip it came on like a wave. It almost got heated between Adou and D.J. You know, a lot of folks around the program lost a ton of respect for Adou that day since he didn't own up to making the pile of poop that was found in his trousers. The poop was his and he knows it.

giphy.gif

If the glass floor is twice as elastic as a wood floor, does that mean that the ball bounces higher and players jump higher? How would that affect players moving from this floor to another teams floor?

Reactions: G-PIP
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT