ADVERTISEMENT

Wow.Cal is really done recruiting this season

I take a little breather for a week or so and I come back and you two ding dongs are still going at it lol. At this point it’s like a game of chicken. Which one will Peter out first. Go outside and play or something

Probably better still ... volbASSfan it is. He claims to be a fan of fishing for "Spotted" bass which is also known as "Kentucky" bass. So ("kybASS" fan) is probably the proper description of who he really is ... that said, certainly NOT a UK athletics fan. He's here only to stir the crap ... and such a loser with no life. volbASSfan it is ... either way, emphasis on "ASS".
...just a final thought on volbASSfan. When talking to him one night on this forum about bass fishing in general, that's when he mentioned that he preferred fishing for "Spots", (Spotted and/or Kentucky bass). He went on to say that "they grow big down here". Kentucky bass, in KY, are generally undersized compared to Largemouth and Smallmouth bass so they're not targeted because of their smaller size. When bASS mentioned that "they grow big down here", I knew one of the best lakes in the country for large Kentucky bass was Carters Lake near Chatsworth, GA, which is just south of the Tennessee state line. That said, his comment that "they grow big down here, implies down here where I am ... as opposed to "they grow big down there". So, a rational person could conclude that bASS lives somewhere near this lake known for "trophy-sized Kentucky Bass" ... which could put ole' bASS somewhere close to this lake and likely just across the border in Tennessee. So, he's a fan of fishing for Kentucky Bass, a Tennessee resident and a TN Vol fan without a life apart from fishing for Kentucky bass ... all while hating UK athletics and tries to make sport of trolling the UK Rivals site to stir the crap. This is the ASS ... volbASSfan, who hates UK. He's a UT Troll and a UT Liar. When he calls himself, "kybassfan", he's talking about fishing in his backyard and has nothing to do with UK.

• Wow
Reactions: LowCountryCat
...just a final thought on volbASSfan. When talking to him one night on this forum about bass fishing in general, that's when he mentioned that he preferred fishing for "Spots", (Spotted and/or Kentucky bass). He went on to say that "they grow big down here". Kentucky bass, in KY, are generally undersized compared to Largemouth and Smallmouth bass so they're not targeted because of their smaller size. When bASS mentioned that "they grow big down here", I knew one of the best lakes in the country for large Kentucky bass was Carters Lake near Chatsworth, GA, which is just south of the Tennessee state line. That said, his comment that "they grow big down here, implies down here where I am ... as opposed to "they grow big down there". So, a rational person could conclude that bASS lives somewhere near this lake known for "trophy-sized Kentucky Bass" ... which could put ole' bASS somewhere close to this lake and likely just across the border in Tennessee. So, he's a fan of fishing for Kentucky Bass, a Tennessee resident and a TN Vol fan without a life apart from fishing for Kentucky bass ... all while hating UK athletics and tries to make sport of trolling the UK Rivals site to stir the crap. This is the ASS ... volbASSfan, who hates UK. He's a UT Troll and a UT Liar. When he calls himself, "kybassfan", he's talking about fishing in his backyard and has nothing to do with UK.
Wow. You know your fish.

Hey r**ard, even if you use the word as a verb it makes no sense.

You keep stabbing in the dark as usual, little guy. Keep trying, in your obsession, to figure out who I am. Someday I guarantee you'll never do it. But it's fun watching you flail about like a beached whale.
I can’t help your piss poor vocab little boy.

I don’t give a damn who you are. It’s funny watching you hide behind all those alts. Being a coward and spreading out your insults. Lowcut/Crychicken/hurtwhiny. It’s funny watching you get such a bad case of butthurt. Which is the next school you going to lie about me supporting girly man?

I take a little breather for a week or so and I come back and you two ding dongs are still going at it lol. At this point it’s like a game of chicken. Which one will Peter out first. Go outside and play or something
"Little breather" - what'd you get banned for?

You go outside and play. I'm at work. I just happen to have access to a computer and the web. Cash your welfare draw check yet, Billy Bob?

You should log out of your alt before you respond to yourself tiny.

This guy is one butthurt stalker.

Dude said we had a deeper team with more shooters than 2012. AD was the difference maker in that team. That’s the entire point that I guess you missed
LOL, I saw the point. I just wanted to point out that Cal hasn’t been getting those type players since be lost www’s backing .

Reactions: RipThru
I know quite a bit about Bass fishing myself . I gotta say you are SPOT on (pun intended) lol. If what you say is true kybassfan is sure dedicated. We used to have some real battles way back in the Tubby wars . We both got banned for one argument that got too personal, lol .

I don’t give a damn who you are. It’s funny watching you hide behind all those alts. Being a coward and spreading out your insults. Lowcut/Crychicken/hurtwhiny. It’s funny watching you get such a bad case of butthurt. Which is the next school you going to lie about me supporting girly man?
Not one word is a lie ... every word is truth, which is something you can't say. It doesn't matter "who" I am and I don't really care to know "who" you are beyond what you've already unknowingly told us. What I know and believe is that you are no UK fan. You live somewhere near Chatsworth, GA and being as stupid as you are, it is very reasonable to assume that you live in Tennessee and are a UT Volunteer fan who hates UK. Because you like to fish for Kentucky bass, you chose the name "kybass"fan and then subscribe to UK Rivals site and then begin to assume your false identity as a "Kentucky" sports fan. All you do is stir the crap. Living in Tennessee, being a UT fan (the lowest form of SEC fandom), you entertain yourself thinking you're "smart" or "clever" (smart, clever, and you're name in the same sentence is an OXYMORON and don't get me started on MORONS) trolling the UK site, using a deceptive UK fan moniker when in reality your moniker just describes a fishing preference. You're a troll and a lousy one at that, all while being a Tennessee fan. Can't get any worse for you.

I'm sticking with UT, it makes perfect sense and you get your panties in such a moist twist over it.

• Love
Reactions: Bluesbrother
Not one word is a lie ... every word is truth, which is something you can't say. It doesn't matter "who" I am and I don't really care to know "who" you are beyond what you've already unknowingly told us. What I know and believe is that you are no UK fan. You live somewhere near Chatsworth, GA and being as stupid as you are, it is very reasonable to assume that you live in Tennessee and are a UT Volunteer fan who hates UK. Because you like to fish for Kentucky bass, you chose the name "kybass"fan and then subscribe to UK Rivals site and then begin to assume your false identity as a "Kentucky" sports fan. All you do is stir the crap. Living in Tennessee, being a UT fan (the lowest form of SEC fandom), you entertain yourself thinking you're "smart" or "clever" (smart, clever, and you're name in the same sentence is an OXYMORON and don't get me started on MORONS) trolling the UK site, using a deceptive UK fan moniker when in reality your moniker just describes a fishing preference. You're a troll and a lousy one at that, all while being a Tennessee fan. Can't get any worse for you.
Let's be at least a little fair to him - in his neighborhood he's probably the ranking genius. So he's got that going for him.

I know quite a bit about Bass fishing myself . I gotta say you are SPOT on (pun intended) lol. If what you say is true kybassfan is sure dedicated. We used to have some real battles way back in the Tubby wars . We both got banned for one argument that got too personal, lol .
He's dedicated ... yes and I think that may say more about him having nothing better to do so he considers it some form of demented "sport" at the expense of BBN. He's just a sad loser, IMO.

Reactions: LowCountryCat
You are defending yourself again? You act like you know the guy off board or you just outed yourself big time. If it’s not your alt you can’t possibly know that.

We were a top 10 team last season, looked like one of the 3 best for a portion of the year, and return the POTY. We were bound to have a high preseason ranking.

Breakdown of rotational players from last years roster

Returning players:

Wheeler
Oscar
Toppin*

Leaving:

Grady
Mintz
Brooks
Washington

*likely to return

What is the probability that the group of Wallace, Livingston, Reeves, Collins, and Fredrick are as good or better than the collective leaving?

That is the crux of our preseason prognostication.

Come on Chap, even you should be willing to admit that this roster is too thin, especially considering the injury bug that has tore into our ass over the last handful of years. We have some good pieces, but need some more meat on that bone. And Top isn’t even a done deal yet. Can you at least admit that?
In practice they will get some open looks on inbound plays, 5 on 2 you know :)

Cal's suck Kyle tucker came out and said Cal is done unless someone comes out of the draft and basically begs for UK.So much for those idiots on here saying Cal has some top secret guy in mind.So basically if CJ gets hurt like he has in every season we will be in trouble.
News alert!! Cal isn't finished with recruiting; recruiting is finished with Cal.

Last edited:
We were a top 10 team last season, looked like one of the 3 best for a portion of the year, and return the POTY. We were bound to have a high preseason ranking.

Breakdown of rotational players from last years roster

Returning players:

Wheeler
Oscar
Toppin*

Leaving:

Grady
Mintz
Brooks
Washington

*likely to return

What is the probability that the group of Wallace, Livingston, Reeves, Collins, and Fredrick are as good or better than the collective leaving?

That is the crux of our preseason prognostication.
I think Wallace should be as good or better than Washington.

Livingston should be as good or better than Brooks.

Reeves might be a step down from Grady, if we are talking midseason, before the foot injury Grady.

Fredrick should be able to replace Mintz, if he stays healthy.

Collins should be better in year two.

So I expect to be a bit better.

As I have said before, we go as far as Wheeler can take us, IMHO.

We are basically adding 4 players this year, 1 who can shoot and 3 others we hope can shoot. The bigger issue playing better defense is also a"hope". I will have to see if any of our new guys can play defense before I can decide if next year is going to be successful

We’ll be a good team but I’m concerned about shooting per usual. But Wallace and Livingston have to be really good man or we aren’t winning anything

I think Wallace should be as good or better than Washington.

Livingston should be as good or better than Brooks.

Reeves might be a step down from Grady, if we are talking midseason, before the foot injury Grady.

Fredrick should be able to replace Mintz, if he stays healthy.

Collins should be better in year two.

So I expect to be a bit better.

As I have said before, we go as far as Wheeler can take us, IMHO.
And that's the problem...

But Cal is supposed to be an Ace recruiter though, right?

Why did Bledsoe still come in 2009? Why did MKG come in 2011? Why did Ulis and Booker come in 2016?
Lay off the drugs dude. What you said makes absolutely no sense!

Why did Bledsoe come? Yes PG was taken by Wall, and Cal convinced Bledsoe 2 PGs could work and he be a Combo-guard. He has done that a lot. Bledsoe's competition for PT at that 2nd guard spot was FR Hood, walkon Krebs, and Liggons 4ppg.

MKG came in 2012, not 2011. he did have competition (Miller), but he was also at top 5 recruit, and a top 5 recruit is not going to be threatened about PT by competition unless it is by like a returning All-American (like Oscar).

Booker and Ulis. The assumption all along was that the Twins, & Randle & Young were all OAD. So when Booker and Ulis committed they likely believed they were walking into starting positions.

And that's the problem...
I am not convinced Reeves is a stepdown from Grady. He seems more athletic and thus maybe more able to create his own shot, and his 39% from 3 (from only 1 season) was slightly better than Grady ever shot from 3 until he got to UK. I think they are pretty even.

But more than that, people seem to compare our new guys to the healthy versions of Tyty and Grady, BUT then say we sucked last year because the injured versions of Tyty and Grady weren't as good as their healthy versions. You can't have it both ways. So either Wallace and Reeves are much better than the injured guys who had a historic loss, OR they are maybe as good as the guys that had us playing like the best team in the country (middle 1/3 of the season).

And Lunardi naming UK as the top overall seed in next year's tourney. I'm sorry, but I just don't see that on this roster at all, not unless Sharpe actually does come back. Next year's team should be decent, but a legit title contender? I'm just not seeing that at all.
We were a legit title contender, an actual favorite, before injuries last year. And this team is looking very similar.

Lay off the drugs dude. What you said makes absolutely no sense!

Why did Bledsoe come? Yes PG was taken by Wall, and Cal convinced Bledsoe 2 PGs could work and he be a Combo-guard. He has done that a lot. Bledsoe's competition for PT at that 2nd guard spot was FR Hood, walkon Krebs, and Liggons 4ppg.

MKG came in 2012, not 2011. he did have competition (Miller), but he was also at top 5 recruit, and a top 5 recruit is not going to be threatened about PT by competition unless it is by like a returning All-American (like Oscar).

Booker and Ulis. The assumption all along was that the Twins, & Randle & Young were all OAD. So when Booker and Ulis committed they likely believed they were walking into starting positions.
Wow, you accuse me of taking drugs? seriously?

My point is very valid for the topic at hand and you even admitted that Bledsoe came, despite the pg position being taken by Wall. Uhhh, yup, that’s exactly right and is a fact.

Also, yeah, MKG came in 2012 (actually, it was 2011, like I said), but then you said something really stupid. You think Miller was his competition at the 4? Uhh, hello, did Terrence Jones slip your mind while you were smoking a bowl?

My point stands and you might want to bring something better than this if you're going to disprove it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT