ADVERTISEMENT

Wow.Cal is really done recruiting this season

I have lowered my expectations for next season. Unfortunately, we will struggle fielding a full practice squad, as usual. No way in hell we don’t have injuries as we always do. And Toppin still out there trying to see if he can leave. Could get ugly. So is life as a UK Basketball fan lately. Tucker always trying to ease the blow when we are in for some rough times.

If my math is correct we will have only a 9 man roster for next season. That is if Toppin returns, if not we will have an 8 man roster. Lets say we have a player that transfers out at the semester break, which has been known to happen here & another player gets injured. Then we are looking at a 7 man roster. Our 5 starters in practice will be going up against 2 D-1 players & 3 walk ons. Way to go Cal

If my math is correct we will have only a 9 man roster for next season. Lets say we have a player that transfers out at the semester break, which has been known to happen here & another player gets injured. Then we are looking at a 7 man roster. Our 5 starters in practice will be going up against 2 D-1 players & 3 walk ons. Way to go Cal
Number 9 inbound

kermit-freaking-out.gif

A lot of people are super high on Toppin like hes going to be a huge difference maker .. I dont see it .. if he were on some other SEC team he would be an afterthought . With the history of Cal's efforts the past 2-6 years it will be yet another year without a FF or a shot at #9

I often felt especially in the past that a particular strength of an elite program would be a deep bench. There are teams with as good or perhaps better starting 5's, but few that would contain a bench of people to sub in during a game like Kentucky's distant past rosters. It started to become perplexing to me where Cal would not take advantage of that to both develop players and wear down opponents.

Now, next season again we may have a competitive team but not that special advantage a program like Kentucky or other elites have. Plus, as pointed out, tell me a year where we haven't had some injuries either for a week or two or more? Also, foul trouble.

I just don't get the thinking of not taking the competitive advantage a top program should have.

Yep, this roster that everyone is complaining about that is in everyone's preseason top 5 for next season really sucks.
Come on Chap, even you should be willing to admit that this roster is too thin, especially considering the injury bug that has tore into our ass over the last handful of years. We have some good pieces, but need some more meat on that bone. And Top isn’t even a done deal yet. Can you at least admit that?

This is exactly why I've finally soured in our coach. This is straight idiotic to have 10 scholarship players. Unacceptable, the sooner Cal wants to leave the better.

Just gonna pray they know a dude or 2 pulling out of the draft. That's our only chance at this point. I understand we have talent and are too 5 pre season. But as man have said injuries and other things have been known to happen. Not ideal to have a small roster in a day and age where the powers that be want as many games as possible to maximize revenue.

It definitely seems odd. I mean, we were all set and ready to add the South Dakota St kid until he started making outrageous NIL demands. So if they thought it was worth adding a piece last week, why not now? Plenty of names still out there or that will probably be leaving the draft to transfer, seems very odd.

I often felt especially in the past that a particular strength of an elite program would be a deep bench. There are teams with as good or perhaps better starting 5's, but few that would contain a bench of people to sub in during a game like Kentucky's distant past rosters. It started to become perplexing to me where Cal would not take advantage of that to both develop players and wear down opponents.

Now, next season again we may have a competitive team but not that special advantage a program like Kentucky or other elites have. Plus, as pointed out, tell me a year where we haven't had some injuries either for a week or two or more? Also, foul trouble.

I just don't get the thinking of not taking the competitive advantage a top program should have.
He’s lazy and doesn’t want to develop a bench. Bring in the next crop and start over every year. That is the culture he created and it’s here to stay it looks like. Just doesn’t make any sense in a time where if you sign a marginal player for depth who doesn’t work out, both parties can move on a year later. What’s the harm? He simply doesn’t want to take the time or effort to coach a full roster.

Yep, this roster that everyone is complaining about that is in everyone's preseason top 5 for next season really sucks.
Preseason rankings don’t mean anything.
Last I looked, we won it all with only 7 rotational players in 2012. Lamb and Miller were the only 3 pt shooters on that team. This team has more shooters and deeper than that roster.
Let me know when AD and MKG are walking through that door again.

No possible way he is done, imo. I will wait and see. There is no doubt that additional players will pull out of the draft. I'll wait till the deadline and reassess.

Last I looked, we won it all with only 7 rotational players in 2012. Lamb and Miller were the only 3 pt shooters on that team. This team has more shooters and deeper than that roster.
Kansas just won it all playing 7 guys.

Reactions: HCaulfield
Another pity party by the Begok Troll Group. Same crybabies different day, it's the middle of May and you are listening to someone who lives in Nashville.. what's it going to be tomorrow?

If my math is correct we will have only a 9 man roster for next season. That is if Toppin returns, if not we will have an 8 man roster. Lets say we have a player that transfers out at the semester break, which has been known to happen here & another player gets injured. Then we are looking at a 7 man roster. Our 5 starters in practice will be going up against 2 D-1 players & 3 walk ons. Way to go Cal
Anyone who can’t see the issue in this is just dumb and blind.

ADVERTISEMENT