ADVERTISEMENT

WOW Bombshell! Dick Gabriel just reported.....

If that is true, then there's your case right there to FIX what is BROKEN! Change the rules so that erroneous calls can be overturned! (Remember the Wisconsin-Duke "Championship" Game debacle --- right after our own Wisconsin debacle --- when the head of officials sat back and knowingly let the officials make a potentially game-changing call in Duke's favor? When they could have intervened?)

If the higher ups KNEW this and chastised the crew at halftime, what does that say about the integrity of our game? You can't just "make it up" in the second half when you've got 4 starters in foul trouble and the wind knocked out of their sails. They couldn't play as aggressive as normal because they couldn't afford more fouls. I don't care if we got a lead later in the game, it doesn't change the fact that this happened. And it was wrong.

JUST. PLAIN. WRONG.

that he was informed that some higher ups with the NCAA relayed to the refs at half time of the UK - North Carolina game that they need to get their act together and their first half performance was not acceptable.
Clean it up in the sense it was far too obvious. Keep it in control just don't be so damn obvious. If the performance was unacceptable how the hell do you move the guy forward to the Final Four?

If the performance was unacceptable how the hell do you move the guy forward to the Final Four?
2 possibilities:
1- Could be the supervisor blamed the other 2 officials, not Higgins.
2- Could be a reaction to the attacks from UK fans (making a statement of support for all Officials against public pressure).

Reactions: Larry Skaggs
Not doubting the op but yes, as others have said, how can this be true if Higgins moves on. Don't recall year, but a few NFL officials were pulled recently on bad performances during playoffs. Two different organizations but doubt the truth of this.

So are they going to let UK/NC replay the game? I didn't think so..if not..what difference does it make..what is done is done..
All the difference in the world. . . . a la Russian Figure Skating Olympics debacle, etc.

And it will keep being done if we don't stop it!

After Wisconsin I kept saying, "Not. Over. It." I'm sick and tired of saying that. Now I'm saying NOT AGAIN!

Higgins was given the final four because he did the job he was asked to do. Plain and simple. Don't mean shit that they were scolded at half time. My opinion, they were called at half and told to quit making it look so obvious. Won't change my mind. I don't need to see the sabotage video, I was saying from the beginning of the game live - my wife thinks I'm crazy, but I know I'm right.

As soon as I saw Higgins was calling the play in our game, I feared we would lose. We almost overcame anyway, and that's because we are/were legit.

I've posted this in a couple threads, but I don't had fans (tell me) from Oregon, Arizona, UCLA, South Carolina and yes, a couple fans from Uofl, all say at halftime, they knew the fix was in.

That speaks volumes

I have a friend who is a diehard UNC fan. He lives in Pinehurst, UNC alum, donor to the program. We text during games, and it gets nasty when we play each other (UK/UNC). Earlier this year, I roasted him after the win (Vegas). At halftime if the EE game, he text me and says - "I'll take this whistle all game long." He whined a little in the second half early, but he knew.

In the game thread at halftime, I blatantly said they'll be getting a call from their bosses to "tone it down" as the first half was so obvious. Lo and behold, they not only came out a bit differently (only to regress to poor calls towards the end when we were gaining momentum), but now there is this supposed Gabriel report.

As I said, when we were allowed to play, we took a lead. Period.

If and that is a very big( IF ),they said that,I don't believe it,Higgins should not be reffing the final four.

ADVERTISEMENT