ADVERTISEMENT

Would you travel to see this team in 1st two rounds?

Would you travel to see UK in first two rounds of tourney?

• Yes, anywhere

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Yes, but with strict limitations

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • No, not under any circumstances

Votes: 21 65.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UKUGA

All-American
Jan 26, 2007
Washington metro
These are the first round sites:

3/15 & 3/17

Pittsburgh
Wichita
Dallas
Boise

3/16 & 3/18

Charlotte
Detroit
Nashville
San Diego

I would consider traveling to Pittsburgh for a 2nd round game, depending on game time and assuming price was reasonable. Could be a 1/8 or 1/9 type match-up that could be exciting to witness in person.

Reactions: Aike
Absolutely not. Wouldn't waste money on this yrs team. They don't play smart. Still making grade school mistakes and it mid February . Not looking good.

Nashville? Absolutely. The others I wouldn’t go to even if they were 28-3.
Same here . I have wasred too much money in past to have mini vacations ruined when they came up short .
Worst was in Houston at FF when I took air Charter . After losing in first round could not get home until plane came back on Tuesday . Most worthless six grand I have ever spent .
I will never again pay to see a basketball game in a football arena. Nor be in a situation where I can’t get home if we lose first game .
In Houston we paid extra for “premium Tickets” and they were still so far away (first level end zone ) that they actually sold binoculars to see the game . NCAA should be ashamed of themselves for selling those tickets .

Live and learn and I have learned just as as golf tournament by far the best way to see it is on a sixty five inch HDTV at home.

Nashville yes I would go because I have kids there ( are everybody’s kids moving to Nashville ? It sure seems like it)

Same here . I have wasred too much money in past to have mini vacations ruined when they came up short .
Worst was in Houston at FF when I took air Charter . After losing in first round could not get home until plane came back on Tuesday . Most worthless six grand I have ever spent .
I will never again pay to see a basketball game in a football arena. Nor be in a situation where I can’t get home if we lose first game .
In Houston we paid extra for “premium Tickets” and they were still so far away (first level end zone ) that they actually sold binoculars to see the game . NCAA should be ashamed of themselves for selling those tickets .

Live and learn and I have learned just as as golf tournament by far the best way to see it is on a sixty five inch HDTV at home.

Nashville yes I would go because I have kids there ( are everybody’s kids moving to Nashville ? It sure seems like it)
I hate you had that experience- that sucks. I went to the Dallas final four and had a wonderful time with the family. But that was the final four- not the first round.

I would only travel if they play in Dallas and that is only because I live in Texas. If they pull it all together I would travel for the final four...only because it is an hour away. This team frustrates me.

Reactions: UKUGA

A lot of UK fans were really ticked off about that FF.

I lived in Houston at the time, and was only going to go if they made the final game.

Given the 4 teams there and the size of the venue, it was clear that tickets would be plentiful.

Believe it or not, Houston was lauded as having “set the bar” for the FF going forward. And, of course, they’ve had another one since then.

People are going to have to get used to the reality that the FF (and much of sports, in general, has changed). It’s actually become more accessible to the masses, which is good; but it’s lost a lot of the mystique that once generated so much excitement.

To think, when I was a kid, the idea of EVER attending a Final Four, World Series/play-off game, etc, seemed untenable.

Now, these things become available to us at the touch of a button.

And fans have gotten to the point where they are setting the conditions under which they will attend. “I will only go if . . .”

I’m not criticizing you, I get your frustration. However, there was a time not that long ago when so few people would have even had the opportunity to complain about their experience at the FF.

At this point I'm not sure I can even stand to watch it on TV. This season has been one of the biggest disasters I've ever witnessed as a UK fan. The only good thing is that we won enough games early to prevent this from being a losing season. Replay those early games now and we might not win 15 games for the entire season. I really see this team winning on one or maybe two more at most. The collapse has been epic. Not just the losses but the total helplessness of the team right now. There is literally nothing they are capable of doing.

hell-nawww.jpg

The funny thing is by playing ourselves outside the 4 and 5 seeds and more into 8,9 10 or even 11, we will actually be closer to Lexington those games lol

No. The trip to San Diego would be great but I would probably find myself on Coronado Island instead of watching messy basketball team. I may listen on the radio from the beach.

No.

There are some other things that my recreational dollars need to be spent on this year.

If UK winds up in Charlotte (just a 2.5 hour drive) where I would not also need a hotel room, I would consider going.

If UK winds up in Charlotte and I could get a ticket for face value I might.

Dallas yes. 6 hours but could stay with my son in Ft. Worth.

You did mean with free tickets. Right?

If I had the mad money to spend, I would say either Pitt or Nashville. That Wichita St/UK game would of been a blast to see live. However, not this year. Budget is too tight to even entertain the idea with them playing so erratic

I go almost every year. i was in in louisville and atlanta in 12. i was in st. louis and dallas in 14. i was in louisville in 15. i was in memphis last year.

my answer this year is HELLLLL no.

I'm thinking about going to Boise if we end up there. I've never been to Idaho and can't think of a reason I'd ever go so this gives me an excuse to visit and mark Idaho off the list.

If it was all expenses paid, yes. But I couldn't pay to see these guys. Been a fan since the 80's and have never felt like the coach or players cared less about me. It's not because they suck. I went to see a Gillespie team lose on Friday in the SEC tourney in Tampa.

if I can't feel like these guys care one iota about UK or their fans, then screw em.

I live in Jacksonville and go to the odome game nearly every year....been to about 12 or so going back to '98. You think I'm shelling out $50 and driving through Starke for this piece of crap team ? Learned my lesson last year watching Monk laugh on the bench while being blown out.

I go almost every year. i was in in louisville and atlanta in 12. i was in st. louis and dallas in 14. i was in louisville in 15. i was in memphis last year.

I went to Atlanta in '12, for the IU game.

I would go again (this year), largely because I like the tourney atmosphere. It's a different group of fans than what you will see at Rupp, and it's going to be particularly unique, depending on the location.

If it was all expenses paid, yes. But I couldn't pay to see these guys. Been a fan since the 80's and have never felt like the coach or players cared less about me. It's not because they suck. I went to see a Gillespie team lose on Friday in the SEC tourney in Tampa.

if I can't feel like these guys care one iota about UK or their fans, then screw em.

I live in Jacksonville and go to the odome game nearly every year....been to about 12 or so going back to '98. You think I'm shelling out $50 and driving through Starke for this piece of crap team ? Learned my lesson last year watching Monk laugh on the bench while being blown out.

Plus it’s hard enough to make it through Starke without getting a ticket.

So many fans need to eat crow. That’s why you should never be a fair weather fan. 90% of people on here had given up on this team completely. Not sure when fandom started being like that, used to be you always rooted for your team regardless. We need more of those fans back and less of the BS this team sucks negativity people. That’s a new thing in the past 10 or so years and is mostly with the 18-28 age group. They are never satisfied. Lots of people should eat crow, lots. Go CATS!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT