ADVERTISEMENT

Would you? or not

No chance! He got away with so much already before finally getting his due. There are better options for a small D1 school to choose from than this liar, no matter his winning record.

Reactions: treuxbleux
pexels-photo-128639.jpeg

Would hire him in a heartbeat. Would make a HUGE splash to get your program exposure and put them on the map. Would have STRICT language in his contract. But the guy can coach. If I'm a small program that's not even a blip on the radar, you damn right I'm going to hire him

if you were an AD at a small D-1 school and you need to start your basketball program over would you hire RP or not
I wouldn't but plenty would. Heck, even Dave Bliss found a coaching job at a little school.

Not worth the consequences. He hasn't proved he can do anything without tremendous cheating/corruption/nepotism.

Reactions: ORCAT
I wouldn't but plenty would. Heck, even Dave Bliss found a coaching job at a little school.

True, I forgot about Bliss. But, any school that takes a chance on him better be protecting themselves very well. Another thing to consider, would a smaller school be able to afford Pitino? He has such an ego and I would think he would expect to still receive a lot of cash to coach somewhere/anywhere.

trying to keep up with the "joneses" Poor Rick, he's so jealous of big brother he got himself into several messes..

A school who operates like UL, yes, I can see that happening.
Any school president who is moral driven, has integrity, does not tolerate lying, understands the term 'student-athlete", does not fornicate and knows a slick, lying, backstabbing SOB when he sees one wont hire the prick.

He might have a show cause before everything is said and done. No one will be able to hire him for a while after that. I doubt he goes back into coaching after all this anyways. He is trying to get his nest egg from whomever will pay up in the lawsuits. I doubt we hear from him in college basketball again in any capacity. Maybe will move up to an NBA tv guy job.

We asked the same question years ago about Bruce Pearl and someone was willing, after a cooling off period. It remains to be seen what the NCAA does to him but yes, someone would...

ADVERTISEMENT