ADVERTISEMENT

Worst UK game you've been too?

Any game against UF at the O-Dome where we lost. I'd go as it was my only chance to see UK play in person because I lived in Ocala at the time. UF fans are some of the most obnoxious AND ignorant fans in the world. I went to high school during their dominant football/basketball years. Graduated in 09 while going to school 45 minutes from Gainesville. It was a nonstop Tebow/Basketball champs slurp fest.

I have to say the Florida game at Rupp last season. I had spent a butt load of money to buy tickets to take my elderly father who has dementia to the game. That was his and my mom’s Christmas present. My daddy grew up with the greats of the old days and still bleeds blue - although he might ask which team we are. I’m pretty sure it was the last game I’ll get to attend with him. We went to College Gameday. We shopped in the Kentucky stores and then there was the game. It was over $1200 dollars for us to sit five rows up in the upper arena - like row E. We were center court. I really wanted lower seats for him but that was out of the question. The game was exciting but the ending sucked. It just really broke my heart that his last game at Rupp was a last second loss. It still stings when I think about it.

I don’t go to many games myself and this was also my first final four and definitely the worst game I’ve attended. I think it’s the only loss I’ve been to.

Also from my little bit of experience sports fans in the north are just so much more hostile. IU fans, Syracuse fans, uconn fans, basically all of the B1G are just constantly spewing hate and vitriol. It’s extremely rude. You don’t seem to get that in the south. At least not nearly to the same degree. Southern hospitality is a real thing.
Southerners don’t know what a basketball is

I was at that game also. It sucked. Probably the most disappointing game I’ve been to in person was in Syracuse in 2010 against West Virginia.

I was also at the game in Bloomington in 2012-12 when we lost on the last second shot.
Indiana fans are the absolute worst. We were harassed, threatened, screamed at, had food and drinks thrown on us, and they also started trying to turn our car over as we we were trying to leave. They quickly scattered when I pulled my gun from my console and pointed it at them. Their behavior started well before the game, when we were getting food and drinks, and lasted until they scattered after I pulled my gun. My biggest regret is not shooting a couple of those aholes.

You don’t have to lie to kick it.... JS

As a kid I only went to a handful of games and I am pretty sure they were all against ole miss etc in rupp. These days I usually go to early season games where the tickets are easy so they are not against major competition. I think I can say I have never seen us lose in person.

My wife did shell out a nice chunk ofmoney for tickets to see the Louisville game in 2012. Loved seeing mkg and Davis but man that was an ugly game. Tons of fouls. No flow. Still a win though.

Thing is, it was Florida Gator fans (Florida wasn’t in the final 4 that year) who were the jerks. The Wisconsin fans sitting around me were nice enough. There we’re not any Duke fans near.

This may sound a bit odd but (remember my wife is from Boston and her allegicance is naturally with Red Sox Nation) at least at that time I kinda thought of our UK-FL rivalry as kinda like the SEC's version of Yankees-Red Sox. Shoot when we played in Gainesville it was a wonder they didn't do Sweet Caroline!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT