ADVERTISEMENT

Worst UK game you've been too?

Jan 19, 2016
Since I wrote best game, what was your worst game? Mine was Senior Night 2009. UK vs. Georgia. If UK won they might've went to the NCAA tournament. Instead they laid an egg and we booed Billy G.

Since I wrote best game, what was your worst game? Mine was Senior Night 2009. UK vs. Georgia. If UK won they might've went to the NCAA tournament. Instead they laid an egg and we booed Billy G.
I was at that game also. It sucked. Probably the most disappointing game I’ve been to in person was in Syracuse in 2010 against West Virginia.

I was also at the game in Bloomington in 2012-12 when we lost on the last second shot.
Indiana fans are the absolute worst. We were harassed, threatened, screamed at, had food and drinks thrown on us, and they also started trying to turn our car over as we we were trying to leave. They quickly scattered when I pulled my gun from my console and pointed it at them. Their behavior started well before the game, when we were getting food and drinks, and lasted until they scattered after I pulled my gun. My biggest regret is not shooting a couple of those aholes.

Last edited:
41-76 v. LSU in '87
52-53 as #1 in nation v. unranked Auburn in '88
Home loss to UL in '97-'98 championship season
46-47 v. UT in '99

vs (at) USC in Columbia, the 14 team.
The way we played that day, a good high school team would have beat us. And USC wasn't much better than a high school team that year.
UK fans were walking out at half time saying "this is NOT UK basketball".

Regular season

VMI 2008
At Mississippi State in 2001, had 19 point, but lost in overtime

Tournament

2004 UAB
2015 Wisconsin

1982 SEC Tournament when Bobby Lee Hurt tipped in the winning basket at the buzzer against UK. The tournament was at Rupp that year and I think UK lost 48-46. Will never forget that Hurt was never blocked out and simply tipped the ball in with ease. About 90% of the crowed was silent and just sat there motionless for a few minutes.

Reactions: JDHoss
UofL at Rupp in 2008. Final score was 89-75. :flushed:

It was hyped up because it was the first time Gillispie and Pitino had met since Gillispie's Texas A&M team knocked U6 out of the NCAA Tournament the season prior.

UK was up by 1 point at halftime and came out of the locker room late for some reason. The layup line had about 20 players trying to warm up, and once the second half started the team was flat and UK finished with like 20-something turnovers. It was embarrassing. People were leaving with like 5 minutes left to go. I've NEVER left a game early before, but once Dad and I saw Brandon Stockton get up and leave then we decided to go with a minute left too. :flushed:

11/15/01 - 1st game Tayshaun Prince's SR season:

WKU beat us at Rupp 64-52. We started that season ranked #4. Needless to say we dropped in the polls after that loss.

It was the first game that my new wife attended and I seriously told her after the game that that may have been her last game at Rupp. I finally took her to her next game in 2015 against Arkansas, the year we went 38-1. We won easily and she was off the hook.

We
vs (at) USC in Columbia, the 14 team.
The way we played that day, a good high school team would have beat us. And USC wasn't much better than a high school team that year.
UK fans were walking out at half time saying "this is NOT UK basketball".

I was at that game too. We had floor seats, best seats I've ever had and one of the worst games I've ever seen. I've witnessed way too many court storms in Columbia.

1999 loss to dayton in cincinnati. sat in the middle of an entire section of ud fans, wearing my uk jacket.
wife and i were jeered and heckled as we stood up to leave.

Reactions: kev69
2015 - 1st Final Four I had ever been. Chance to see history with an undefeated 40-0 team. Instead, witnessed the miserable loss, while surrounded by pricks mocking UK.

Reactions: Emarc and kev69
UK and UofL football last year. Left in the 3Q-U6 fans were taking video of UK fans leaving the stadium. Team had no heart, no interest in being there. Terrible, terrible outing for our football team.
I was there and this one gets my vote to. I was embarrassed to be a fan of UK that day. Our players wanted to fight and a few of them were a disgrace to the uniform.

41-76 v. LSU in '87
52-53 as #1 in nation v. unranked Auburn in '88
Home loss to UL in '97-'98 championship season
46-47 v. UT in '99
This is a very solid list of the worst, most shocking regular season home losses in the 80's and 90's. Only one I'd throw in off the top of my head was when UK lost by 18 in Rupp to West Virginia (which was not a strong team in that era) in the 2nd round of the preseason NIT in November of 91, denying UK a trip to NYC to play 2 big, spotlight games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT