ADVERTISEMENT

Woo Spencer

Spencer visited Louisville twice in the last month for an unofficial and then an official visit this past weekend. Not to mention I know Brohm did in home visits before Spencer’s unofficial and Offcial visits.

I was just going by what I heard on the cards sports talk radio. Figured they would know

Think about in one way can kind of feel for the guy. An opportunity being dangled in front of him to play in the best conference for recognition from scouts but also a school that is well known now of preparing players for successful careers in the pro's. He had to know because of Marrow but chooses to go lower because of family. Actually pretty surprised with the way kids put so much stock into making it in the pro's. He may do fine anyway, but there is no way he gets at UL what he could have gotten here. Even outside of football he has missed out on a lot more connections down the road.

If he liked Louisville so much, why did he leave the state to play football in Indiana. I guess he wanted to play defense and there is no way he would beat out any of the defensive lineman already here.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Think about in one way can kind of feel for the guy. An opportunity being dangled in front of him to play in the best conference for recognition from scouts but also a school that is well known now of preparing players for successful careers in the pro's. He had to know because of Marrow but chooses to go lower because of family. Actually pretty surprised with the way kids put so much stock into making it in the pro's. He may do fine anyway, but there is no way he gets at UL what he could have gotten here. Even outside of football he has missed out on a lot more connections down the road.
Plus, how many NFL level DL has Brohm, an offensive minded coach who places little value on D, actually produced? But, like I said, he's likely to see the field much quicker at U6. Get your education young man.

Mmm, ok (?).

Sounds like we wanted him for OL and Louisville told him he could begin on the DL side. Usually that’s us and most times it hasn’t worked out that well.

Plus, how many NFL level DL has Brohm, an offensive minded coach who places little value on D, actually produced? But, like I said, he's likely to see the field much quicker at U6. Get your education young man.
The best I could tell Brohm had one DE drafted his entire time at Purdue (who was a stud the second he stepped on campus), which is one more than the total number of OLineman he had drafted. His style of play on both sides of the ball isn't one to develop lineman for the next level.

The best I could tell Brohm had one DE drafted his entire time at Purdue (who was a stud the second he stepped on campus), which is one more than the total number of OLineman he had drafted. His style of play on both sides of the ball isn't one to develop lineman for the next level.
Spencer said his mother and Vaughn were the two helping him decide. I doubt they even knew to point that out to him.

Same reason Goodwin did the same, to fix HS grades to get eligible to enroll in college
Very true....

Look Woo Spencer is a solid OL candidate....but he's not bigime OL recruit. And I am not trying to downplay since he dind't choose UK.

1. He's not tacklle prospect in any universe....and those are premium OL candidates. Those kids just are difference makers in college moreso than guards are.
2. I mean if you're down to UK, UL and Mich St....not bad programs by any means. But not like Bama, Michigan, Penn St, Ohio St, etc... were sniffing Spencer
3. UK has plenty of good guards for next 2-3 years. Burton, if he gets stronger, has a good future. Bingham is a ton better prospect IMO.

If Woo wants to play DLine...then that is another story all together. Again, I have no idea why I'd go play for Brohm level defense. They play hardly any D at WKU nor Purdue. In the end, alot of this is black athletes in city of Louisville have a push to not UK and to UL. So be it. But UL isn't a great program and as this SEC vs. Big 10 super conference evolves...UL will be on the outside and UK won't. So make your own decisions.

Didn't realize it was a REQUIREMENT to PROVE my thoughts on a recruit.

Next time I'll post my OPINIONS on such matters ASAP!! 😁 😁 😁 😁
Not a requirement. Just gives you some cred. As is, meh.

• Haha
Reactions: catben
Well, in the first place, if the “super conferences evolve,“ it most likely won’t be until well after Spencer finishes college. And what‘s with the “black” comment? Most of the good players who happen to be black that have come from the city of Louisville have chosen UK or even Purdue of late rather than UofL.

I don't know this one way or the other. But I have not seen anyone mention this, so I guess I will. Are we sure Spencer's scholarship offer from Marrow was still hot and he was still a take on the day he signed with UL? All we really know is that Marrow visited him in January. On the day Marrow visited, he was probably gauging where Spencer stood in his decision chain. What if Marrow did not know yet what Kendrick Gilbert would do? What if Gilbert's decision gobbled up Spencer's scholarship? Maybe Spencer lost his UK option by waiting too long. I am not saying that happened, but how can we know it did not? Of the two, does anyone doubt Gilbert is the more valuable addition? I do not. Since no one brought that up, it is probably worth mentioning at least.

I don't know this one way or the other. But I have not seen anyone mention this, so I guess I will. Are we sure Spencer's scholarship offer from Marrow was still hot and he was still a take on the day he signed with UL? All we really know is that Marrow visited him in January. On the day Marrow visited, he was probably gauging where Spencer stood in his decision chain. What if Marrow did not know yet what Kendrick Gilbert would do? What if Gilbert's decision gobbled up Spencer's scholarship? Maybe Spencer lost his UK option by waiting too long. I am not saying that happened, but how can we know it did not? Since no one brought that up, it is probably worth mentioning at least.
Maybe but didn't Spencer visit UK something like 2 weeks before NSD? I think UK would've taken both.

Maybe but didn't Spencer visit UK something like 2 weeks before NSD? I think UK would've taken both.
No. Marrow visited Spencer. I addressed that. Spencer and Gilbert were takes in December and January. How do we know that there was room on our 85 man roster for both on the late signing day? How do we know Gilbert's decision to flip to Kentucky did not consume Spencer's scholarship? We don't. This goes back to how many more transfers Stoops wants to take this spring. We don't know that either. What we know is that Kentucky's football roster is currently full. I can count that number myself. Just saying

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT