ADVERTISEMENT

Wish people would quit dragging up threads

I very much like who you appear to be thru your posts, but you could be a serial killer for all I know.Like Doc said to Creek Johnson who had lot's of friends " I don't.

I used to kill some serious cereal but I can't anymore. I have too much iron in my blood...

Yeah, believe it or not I also pass judgment on child molesters and neo-Nazis I don’t personally know. People tell you a lot about themselves with their words and actions. And I’m comfortable alleging that posters who rush headlong into trashing the things they claim to love the very instant those things fail to please them are probably not great people in real life.
You would have more credibility if you name names. I have been critical of this teams makeup and basketball skills all year. But I have never once personally attacked them. I only question skills and execution and/or coaching decisions. You just need to stop lumping everybody not a sunshine pumper into Hilary’s “basket of Deplorables”.

Yeah, believe it or not I also pass judgment on child molesters and neo-Nazis I don’t personally know. People tell you a lot about themselves with their words and actions. And I’m comfortable alleging that posters who rush headlong into trashing the things they claim to love the very instant those things fail to please them are probably not great people in real life.

Dang, the schmidts getting real. But, go ahead...

^Oh gosh, this thread has it's fair share of disagreements but has remained rather civil please do not bring politics into it.

And a Pat Paulson to you too...

A-1110832-1433799236-5148.png.jpg

Reactions: TheKentuckyKid
"Bad" fans deserve their crow. This is a public forum. The end.

Absolutely. Or post something that's just not bitching. Post something that involves knowing something about the game. If not, crush the bitches that bitch. They are used to it in real life too I'm sure

Reactions: Cindog28
That's where you and I disagree in all of this. I think people should be called out for bad posts, but I don't think someone who makes bad posts is a bad person. I'd sit and have a beer with anyone on here even if they make a post that I think is sorry.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
That's where you and I disagree in all of this. I think people should be called out for bad posts, but I don't think someone who makes bad posts is a bad person. I'd sit and have a beer with anyone on here even if they make a post that I think is sorry.

I wouldn't if they are too contrary on a message board. I like to enjoy people and have good fun. I won't try after a few attempts. I look elsewhere.

I usually enjoy the OP’s posts but nah... it’s absolutely warranted bringing up old threads of “fans” acting ignorant / bashing the $hit out of the team and saying we should fire/ replace Cal.

Crow eating eh?

Reactions: Mr_GG and Cindog28
don't do the high part either but it just fit in the post(from the song "Long haired country boy"

Oh, I knew where it come from and I'm glad. I'd bring a bottle too. I'd show you proper respect even if I didn't end up liking you in person due to the good times we've had on this site.

Not slighting others I may miss but I'd enjoy sitting around with you, Frank, Cow, BP, Hi C, Mordrinkingsky, and about a dozen others or so. I may have to trip Mortripsky a few times and a couple others but we'd have a good time.

Reactions: brianpoe
Now if we get beat by Kansas St or Nevada, those people called out will come back with "see, I told you we were terrible. We can't even beat mid majors" and it just keep fueling the fire.

If you don't like getting made fun of for trashing our players, coaches, etc.... then DON'T post threads/comments bashing our players, coaches, etc. SIMPLE.

Funny how the same group of goobers who constantly bash our team are the most sensitive when the heat is on them, using their own ignorant post as a weapon. If you post divisive, knee jerk comment/cold takes then you best be ready for the backlash. This open forum thing works both ways.

I said during the skid that they weren’t playing well, I said a lot of fans were getting impatient with the one-and-done deal, especially when kids who,weren’t ready were leaving -I don’t change that one bit, that was reality then. If I said something to the effect of “this team WIL NOT make the NCAAT” or similar, remind me and move on. If I did, I’ll admit I was wrong and move on. With that being said, I hope to be more patient with Cal going forward, as I normally have been in the past.

Go Big Blue!

Reactions: KyFaninNC
I've been on this board since 2004. It was always a given that after a loss, then "DO NOT LOOK AT RAFTERS." So I would stay off the board for a few days until the mods cleaned house or rational people would post.

Now that I have all this extra time, then I'm happy to see some of these EXTREME "fans" get the grief they try to give. I'll go pull up another thread later if I feel like it. Deal with it.

It's about accountability. I'm not saying I'm not guilty of being rather bitchy in game threads, but I know better than to question the future of the team under Calipari during the season.

Whoever started the saying, "sunshine pumpers" can EAD. Jmo.

1Zmy7.gif

Now if we get beat by Kansas St or Nevada, those people called out will come back with "see, I told you we were terrible. We can't even beat mid majors" and it just keep fueling the fire.

Speaking for myself, I will fight for the right every time. If I see someone fighting real hard a long time for bad things it is very telling. I stay away from that.

You could probably find folks who would agree with you on the first part,that's why I stick to basketball and comedy on the board. You are correct for the most part, no one has any idea who anyone really is on the board(except for the few I know personally) even if they post what they do or where they are from we don't know if that is the truth or not.

Posters may reveal more about themselves than they realize because they get caught up in their emotional attachment to UK basketball teams.Some post with the intent of stirring up conflict or controversy,others post what they really think or feel.I never try to figure out which is which because I don't really care.

Actually, my point was more about similar statements made about the players and coach. None of us know what they think

Reactions: Cindog28
Agree. I don't mind people dredging up threads from the past.

Circumstances change and so do people's minds from time to time, but if people can't stand behind what they wrote in the past (or at least explain why they thought something at the time), then maybe they shouldn't be writing things on a public message board to begin with?

It's fair game IMO to call these people out, and give them an opportunity to defend themselves if they choose to.
Nailed it.

In the past, I have posted as much critical stuff as anybody, but I always tried to be respectful, and I was also ready to defend my comments when I was called out on them.

Whining about bringing up past posts is ridiculous. Either be ready to own your comments, or don't post them in the first place.

You don't get to have it both ways.

Not slighting others I may miss but I'd enjoy sitting around with you, Frank, Cow, BP, Hi C, Mordrinkingsky, and about a dozen others or so. I may have to trip Mortripsky a few times and a couple others but we'd have a good time.

Reactions: BBUK

That was a dirty word. I just know it. (Sorry but I know you are married from previous posts and didn't want to slight hubby (I have a strong sense of chivalry) but you and CD would definitely be welcome. My wife and I would enjoy having you.)

Reactions: Bkocats
I have my moments, as do we all. I don’t always keep my thoughts to myself during game threads
None of us do. You still look before you leap. My mistake is reacting to knee jerk posts instead of letting them vent and ignoring them. I can't even imagine how thick skinned one has to be to coach here. I'm also glad Cal is our coach and he figures things out as the season goes on. I'm elated when we win and I move on when we lose.

Reactions: Bkocats
None of us do. You still look before you leap. My mistake is reacting to knee jerk posts instead of letting them vent and ignoring them. I can't even imagine how thick skinned one has to be to coach here. I'm also glad Cal is our coach and he figures things out as the season goes on. I'm elated when we win and I move on when we lose.

Who asked ya?

The first bad post started this. Bad posts are the problem. Bad posts don’t have to be read and reacted to in a timely manner. Bad posts made this place unbearable for awhile. I wouldn’t be here now if it weren’t for bumped threads. Accountability is key. Bad posts make great reading for rivals first, and only later are worth reading for the rest of us. Accountability for the guilty, entertainment for the victims of their bad posts. I’m okay with it if it, at least from the accountability angle. Anyone who “attacks” a player’s character is fair game.

I reserve the right to remember what posters said and when. Archives are our history and we’re lost without it.

Regardless who makes them, bad posts are the problem.

That was a dirty word. I just know it. (Sorry but I know you are married from previous posts and didn't want to slight hubby (I have a strong sense of chivalry) but you and CD would definitely be welcome. My wife and I would enjoy having you.)
I never cuss :sunglasses:

Lol I knew what you meant. It’s all good. I think you’d get along with Rob. The only reason HE isn’t on the board is because if he thinks someone is insulting me he tends to get a little protective and go off on them. That happened once or twice on the old AOL board.
I do show him or read to him posts from here

Cindy is a blast to hang out with too. I think we’d both enjoy spending some time with y’all

Reactions: Cindog28 and BBUK
ADVERTISEMENT