ADVERTISEMENT

Wish people would quit dragging up threads

Wrong, I said it COULD be judged indefensible, based on SOMEONE ELSE'S standards. And that every poster on this forum would fall prey to the same "indefensible" standard... of someone else.

I didn't attack his right to post, tell him "WE" don't want him here, or state my wish to be a mod so I could ban the "indefensible" posters.

So you’re mad because I unspecifically told anonymous toxic posters we don’t want them...which is exactly what they’re doing to our players and staff.

We’re reaching levels of butthurt and hypocrisy that shouldn’t be possible.

Reactions: The-Hack
Ridicule away, just do it in the same time and space, not a month later when you can feel like you're right. If we had been eliminated last week, would people be bringing up these threads? Hell no.
These threads should have been brought up right after winning the SECT. But you also notice some of the more butt-hurt ones are saying that we STILL haven't done anything good. So they're doubling down. It's doing nothing but proving the point of those who necroed the threads.

Reactions: The-Hack
Which is the exact reason you should be fine with bringing up old threads. Or are you fine with policing just those people?

Wall Knight Teague is okay with calling people out. And he’s okay with calling people out for calling people out for calling people out. But he is most definitely NOT okay with calling people out for calling people out.

It’s perfectly logical.

Which is the exact reason you should be fine with bringing up old threads. Or are you fine with policing just those people?

Personally I think if someone wants to, do it. But lets not pretend that the other side of the coin couldn't be done the same. Just because one group projects their position as being wrong in a "positive" way, doesn't mean they are right. And really it's nothing more than a form of apathy because the "negative" side probably just cares more. I think it makes our program strong. They are far more important to the demanding nature of the job, which results in hardware if you continue the logic over time.

I hate everyone, I hate people, I hate happy go lucky positive people, I hate paranoid depressives.

Just call it in time and let it go, if someone says the team is garbage after a 4 game losing streak? They are.

If they say they will never recover, call'm later. If someone says they will get better and they don't, call them too.

Just call everyone everything and lets be 3rd graders, then demand strict gun control.

Making simple comments about players is fine. Being a little frustrated at turn overs or mistakes is fine. Saying you "hate" the team, or criticizing Cal as a coach are not acceptable. You shouldn't call yourself a fan and do either of those things.
Hate is bad. Criticizing is ok if done in a constructive manner.

Can we all just agree to disagree? If you want to dig up old threads do it. If you don't like it don't do it. Shit posters will continue to make shit-posts either way. Most of us are UK fans, even those that have swore off the team forever. The people who make those threads are probably just as passionate as any other fans, that's probably why they made the post to begin with. At the same time I do like laughing at them for it.

Reactions: Cindog28
My rules are:
1)I try to never make it personal when discussing a player or a coach. They all want what we do, to win.
2)It is okay to yell at my TV, question the actions of the coaches or players. If a player does not appear to be giving 100%, it is fair to say so. We had some real sleepwalking going on during the 4 game skid. It is okay to question recruiting and/or coaching decisions. I may not know as much as the coaches but this is sports, I have the right to my uninformed opinion.
3)In the event that I am proven wrong about a player or team, I am always thankful that I was wrong. I never take joy in anyone's failure just because it proves me right.
4)My foresight will never be as good as your hindsight. I don't trust people with blind faith in anything (except their God).

Reactions: Aike and ManitouDan
Personally I think if someone wants to, do it. But lets not pretend that the other side of the coin couldn't be done the same. Just because one group projects their position as being wrong in a "positive" way, doesn't mean they are right. And really it's nothing more than a form of apathy because the "negative" side probably just cares more. I think it makes our program strong. They are far more important to the demanding nature of the job, which results in hardware if you continue the logic over time.

I hate everyone, I hate people, I hate happy go lucky positive people, I hate paranoid depressives.

Just call it in time and let it go, if someone says the team is garbage after a 4 game losing streak? They are.

If they say they will never recover, call'm later. If someone says they will get better and they don't, call them too.

Just call everyone everything and lets be 3rd graders, then demand strict gun control.
Anyone can bring up old threads if they want in my opinion. Why not? It’s not like anyone is forced to click on it when it appears. There are many threads I don’t even open on a daily basis on here. If someone wants to call someone out for something, have at it. It’s better than viewing 100 threads saying we can’t overlook this team or will Vanderbilt play. That gets boring after a while.

Also, while we're on it, as a former college athlete, I LOVED harsh over the top criticism. because the further they went with their negative tone, the easier it was for me to overcome it.

Athletes love insane fans. It brings interest to the games, and it makes them work harder. Cal loves it too when he's performing, don't let him fool you. He likes that people are that interested, and then allow him great bulletin board material.

If fans are being crazy and demanding, casting negative criticisms and going overboard, then shut them up.

Welcome to American athletics, it appears new to some of you.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
Anyone can bring up old threads if they want in my opinion. Why not? It’s not like anyone is forced to click on it when it appears. There are many threads I don’t even open on a daily basis on here. If someone wants to call someone out for something, have at it. It’s better than viewing 100 threads saying we can’t overlook this team or will Vanderbilt play. That gets boring after a while.

Or "we moved up 6 spots on KenPom" or "latest bracketology" one month in advance.

This thread is entertainment. Couldn't have happened if some of us didn't go straight negative.

I have never understood the logic in RR keeping archive posts. No good comes of it, except it generates 'argument-posts' between users. Do they really need the traffic?

Ten or fifteen years ago there was a guy who was using a 'way back' program to attack any poster who disagreed with him. It just caused a lot of anger between posters and some nasty personal fights.

Everyone is wrong sometimes. Everyone who takes a firm position on anything should develop a taste for crow. But that doesn't mean there should be a 'shove it down their throats' option.

You seem to think pretty highly of your message board abilities.

Are you going to publicly release the posts and the names of the anonymous poster ?

I don't think many people give a damn what snother anonymous poster thinks of their anonymous posts.

It's hilarious the self esteem issues people have

Huh? I think you may be educated beyond your intelligence. (Not sure, but you may be.) That was a type-fest but not fully coherent (To me anyway.)

I was speaking to another person in any event. If you want to read of course, read away. If I mentioned you, who knows, maybe I did if you are one of the perpetrators (Good or Bad). If so did it hurt? Good. (I remember your screen name but not sure how I remember it, in a good or bad way. You either don't post much or you may be so wishy washy it doesn't matter. To me anyway.)

Posters on this site know each other by their persona and their history of posts (At least that is how I do it.). Some more than others but you enjoy your day.[laughing]

This. Very well stated
I’m rather ambivalent about dragging up those old threads. It IS kind of silly. It’s also decisive. With the exception of one or two, most of those posters said what they did I the heat of the moment, out of frustration we ALL felt. Did they go overboard? Yes and they should own it.
Guess what? Most of them did earlier on. There were even apology posts by a couple of the most vocal.
I say let it go, let’s get together as a fanbase and cheer our guys on to #9
The Voice Of Reason Award To You. You're an example of one who thinks their thoughts out, before they speak them out.
Tim

I have never understood the logic in RR keeping archive posts. No good comes of it, except it generates 'argument-posts' between users. Do they really need the traffic?

Ten or fifteen years ago there was a guy who was using a 'way back' program to attack any poster who disagreed with him. It just caused a lot of anger between posters and some nasty personal fights.

Everyone is wrong sometimes. Everyone who takes a firm position on anything should develop a taste for crow. But that doesn't mean there should be a 'shove it down their throats' option.
Wow, so now people are attacking RR for allowing this.

Farrr RR!

Or "we moved up 6 spots on KenPom" or "latest bracketology" one month in advance.

This thread is entertainment. Couldn't have happened if some of us didn't go straight negative.
It is entertainment. How many damn times can you or I say same old bs leading up to games? Isn’t this exact thread what adds spice to the discussion? I mean if you get butthurt over someone referencing a post you made, how the hell do you function in the real world?

I think you are lazy, shiftless and don’t care about your family.

See the difference between a strictly basketball comment versus one that is based on essentially nothing?

My apologies by the way. I have no idea how you are, which makes my point.

he is lazy and shiftless...

Because it’s not just about being wrong. It’s about being a garbage person. These are kids. It’s a game. We’re fans.

These two “obervations” are not equivalent:

“Quade will finish the season averaging 10 assists per game!”

“Diallo is pathetic. He gives nothing to our team. I wish he would transfer.”

Both are “wrong.” But they’re not the same kind of wrong. Give me the fool responsible for the first hot take any day over the second.
So you labeling someone you do not know as “garbage” is different than that person saying Diallo is pathetic? You value yourself more than you are actually worth.

If the shoe were on the other foot, there would be a lots of spewing by those that made the posts and calling the others sunshine pumpers. Fair game as far as I'm concerned.

It is entertainment. How many damn times can you or I say same old bs leading up to games? Isn’t this exact thread what adds spice to the discussion? I mean if you get butthurt over someone referencing a post you made, how the hell do you function in the real world?

the-search-for-meaning-in-b2b-marketing-73-638.jpg

Reactions: irishcat1965
I think you are lazy, shiftless and don’t care about your family.

See the difference between a strictly basketball comment versus one that is based on essentially nothing?

My apologies by the way. I have no idea how you are, which makes my point.
You could probably find folks who would agree with you on the first part,that's why I stick to basketball and comedy on the board. You are correct for the most part, no one has any idea who anyone really is on the board(except for the few I know personally) even if they post what they do or where they are from we don't know if that is the truth or not.

Posters may reveal more about themselves than they realize because they get caught up in their emotional attachment to UK basketball teams.Some post with the intent of stirring up conflict or controversy,others post what they really think or feel.I never try to figure out which is which because I don't really care.

Reactions: BBUK
You could probably find folks who would agree with you on the first part,that's why I stick to basketball and comedy on the board. You are correct for the most part, no one has any idea who anyone really is on the board(except for the few I know personally) even if they post what they do or where they are from we don't know if that is the truth or not.

Posters may reveal more about themselves than they realize because they get caught up in their emotional attachment to UK basketball teams.Some post with the intent of stirring up conflict or controversy,others post what they really think or feel.I never try to figure out which is which because I don't really care.

And i thought you liked me Doc. Dang:(

So you labeling someone you do not know as “garbage” is different than that person saying Diallo is pathetic? You value yourself more than you are actually worth.

It's a weird phenomenon. Some of these same posters hate the rich, consider themselves the "99%" no doubt, but when you're talking about born millionaires and aspiring pro's who don't give two damns about them, they want them to have it all.

I wonder why?

The Voice Of Reason Award To You. You're an example of one who thinks their thoughts out, before they speak them out.
Tim
I have my moments, as do we all. I don’t always keep my thoughts to myself during game threads

Huh? I think you may be educated beyond your intelligence. (Not sure, but you may be.) That was a type-fest but not fully coherent (To me anyway.)

I was speaking to another person in any event. If you want to read of course, read away. If I mentioned you, who knows, maybe I did if you are one of the perpetrators (Good or Bad). If so did it hurt? Good. (I remember your screen name but not sure how I remember it, in a good or bad way. You either don't post much or you may be so wishy washy it doesn't matter. To me anyway.)

Posters on this site know each other by their persona and their history of posts (At least that is how I do it.). Some more than others but you enjoy your day.[laughing]

[roll][poop][roll][poop]

Saving humanity by "publicly" calling out one at a time

Not yet,

If you become outraged at fans calling the situation in the moment and consider mean tweets and post as "crossing the line", you might have helped make America and younger generations what they are today, soft as a baby's ass.

Yeah, believe it or not I also pass judgment on child molesters and neo-Nazis I don’t personally know. People tell you a lot about themselves with their words and actions. And I’m comfortable alleging that posters who rush headlong into trashing the things they claim to love the very instant those things fail to please them are probably not great people in real life.

Reactions: ~Keyser Soze~
Not yet,

If you become outraged at fans calling the situation in the moment and consider mean tweets and post as "crossing the line", you might have helped make America and younger generations what they are today, soft as a baby's ass.
I don't think anyone is outraged, it's been more fun than anything.

Reactions: morgousky
And i thought you liked me Doc. Dang:(
I very much like who you appear to be thru your posts, but you could be a serial killer for all I know.Like Doc said to Creek Johnson who had lot's of friends " I don't.

Reactions: BBUK
Not yet,

Now, now Mortouchysky, that fall's on your generation as much if not more. Control thy-self brother keep it impersonal and all is good. It's not "It's all good" that crap reeks. Get personal with a poster/player/coach/fan/whatever you do not know and it is too far either way.

It's your definition of soft that may be warped. (Other words too.) Many definitions of words are now skewed...why?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT