ADVERTISEMENT

Wish people would quit dragging up threads

ManitouDan

All-American
Dec 7, 2006
to push people down. A lot of childish BS . I said it yesterday on a different thread , just because you pointed out how horrible we were playing 4-6 weeks ago and stating Hami was not good , or Nick cant catch , or Quade wasnt defending doesnt make you a bad fan . And dragging it up doesnt make you appear smart. We were bad for a couple weeks , now we are not . Lets ALL enjoy it and stop stabbing our brothers in the back. Too damn many people acting like they have never posted a thought that turned out to be wrong .

I have no problem with it because of the nature of the threads being pulled up. most of these people were ready to fire cal, he was the worst coach we have ever had, we were headed to the NIT. it is different if one of us says something stupid or wrong from time to time but that is not the case with most of the ones being brought up. so I say all the negative nacy's are getting what they have coming and I have also noticed that most of them are no where to be found

to push people down. A lot of childish BS . I said it yesterday on a different thread , just because you pointed out how horrible we were playing 4-6 weeks ago and stating Hami was not good , or Nick cant catch , or Quade wasnt defending doesnt make you a bad fan . And dragging it up doesnt make you appear smart. We were bad for a couple weeks , now we are not . Lets ALL enjoy it and stop stabbing our brothers in the back. Too damn many people acting like they have never posted a thought that turned out to be wrong .
some people just seem to like drama

Reactions: Ugoff and Levibooty

I don’t think that it has anything to do with bad play comments. For example, Hami was in a horrendous shooting slump. No debate on that. It’s the comments like this player doesn’t care, or that one is lazy, or Cal only cares about the NBA and not Kentucky. Nobody here can read anyone’s mind. Such comments are mindless drivel. I have no problem rubbing their noses in the crap they spewed about our team, coaches and players.

Me thinks you protesteth too much.

I also think it's petty and childish. And also have no idea what drives a person to go searching through old threads while in the middle of a tournament run. Now, that said, if you post something (even with emotions riding high) better be prepared to own it.

I don't mind it at all. Let people do it more.

To me it's ridiculous that lately a lot of folks have complained that bringing up failed team-trashing threads is somehow uncivilized. It's uncivilized to revive like the 15 worst threads to make fun of them?

How civilized was it that emotionally stable fans had to wade through like 3200 Cal-hating emo threads over the course of the season?

We'll be more united as a fanbase when huge herds of us stop making posts that the respectable among us can't possibly unite with.

Best case, dredging some of this up will help some people STFU next season at times when they really need to man up and zip it.

Worst case, at least we get to make fun of them like they got to make fun of our team.

There's a middle ground, you know. There were times when all of the sane among us knew NIT was a possibility this year. But a huge lot of us knew it was wisest just to support the team we all supposedly support and at least not tear into them for their own sufferings. That didn't make us delusional or sunshine pumpers.

The issue as I see it: a huge number of our fans think we’ll just walk straight to the Final Four now. Also plenty of fans that are pretty convinced that we win #9 pretty easily too. Problem is that this is false. We ‘are’ in a good spot but we can be beat just like Virginia, North Carolina, Xavier, Cincy, etc etc. If that happens all hell will break loose on this board again. It will be awful. It would be nice if we could enjoy the ride without fans bashing fans. We have a good shot at #9 but we CAN be beat. Go Cats.

poop_by_propagandhi101.jpg

Reactions: BlueSince92
To the outside observer who comes on here to see what's up with BBN, it only fuels their ideas that we are spoiled.delusional and entitled. Most probably don't even realize that these are old posts, said in frustration at a different point in the season. Then they either go back to their sites and report how f'ed up UK fans are, or they write about it in various sports columns to reinforce other fans' beliefs. We are sometimes our own worst enemy.

The issue as I see it: a huge number of our fans think we’ll just walk straight to the Final Four now. Also plenty of fans that are pretty convinced that we win #9 pretty easily too. Problem is that this is false. We ‘are’ in a good spot but we can be beat just like Virginia, North Carolina, Xavier, Cincy, etc etc. If that happens all hell will break loose on this board again. It will be awful. It would be nice if we could enjoy the ride without fans bashing fans. We have a good shot at #9 but we CAN be beat. Go Cats.
This. Very well stated
I’m rather ambivalent about dragging up those old threads. It IS kind of silly. It’s also decisive. With the exception of one or two, most of those posters said what they did I the heat of the moment, out of frustration we ALL felt. Did they go overboard? Yes and they should own it.
Guess what? Most of them did earlier on. There were even apology posts by a couple of the most vocal.
I say let it go, let’s get together as a fanbase and cheer our guys on to #9

To the outside observer who comes on here to see what's up with BBN, it only fuels their ideas that we are spoiled.delusional and entitled. Most probably don't even realize that these are old posts, said in frustration at a different point in the season. Then they either go back to their sites and report how f'ed up UK fans are, or they write about it in various sports columns to reinforce other fans' beliefs. We are sometimes our own worst enemy.
You don't think they are thinking that when the posts are made? We are trying to discourage that kind of behavior.

I don't mind it at all. Let people do it more.

To me it's ridiculous that lately a lot of folks have complained that bringing up failed team-trashing threads is somehow uncivilized. It's uncivilized to revive like the 15 worst threads to make fun of them?

How civilized was it that emotionally stable fans had to wade through like 3200 Cal-hating emo threads over the course of the season?

We'll be more united as a fanbase when huge herds of us stop making posts that the respectable among us can't possibly unite with.

Best case, dredging some of this up will help some people STFU next season at times when they really need to man up and zip it.

Worst case, at least we get to make fun of them like they got to make fun of our team.

There's a middle ground, you know. There were times when all of the sane among us knew NIT was a possibility this year. But a huge lot of us knew it was wisest just to support the team we all supposedly support and at least not tear into them for their own sufferings. That didn't make us delusional or sunshine pumpers.

Agree. I don't mind people dredging up threads from the past.

Circumstances change and so do people's minds from time to time, but if people can't stand behind what they wrote in the past (or at least explain why they thought something at the time), then maybe they shouldn't be writing things on a public message board to begin with?

It's fair game IMO to call these people out, and give them an opportunity to defend themselves if they choose to.

I'm a moderate on this one. A little bit is amusing, but it's gotten to cruel and overkill lately.

I've had moments of rage and terror this year myself, so I just get really drunk, beat the kids and smash the TV set, but I don't think that makes me any better than people who rant on a message board.

Having said that, let's party, can't wait for tomorrow evening!

I also think it's petty and childish.
A whole lot of stuff happens here that is petty and childish. You and others who rale over this may not be taking into account that the huge onslaught of childish ignorance and negativism on this board is highly annoying and distracting to many of the more knowledgeable posters. Their enjoyment is as important as yours. I haven’t personally bumped any threads bttt for this purpose. But I don’t mind when others do it, because accountability is an important principle that gets overlooked far too often in public discourse these days. Especially here.

Reactions: kb22stang
This. Very well stated
I’m rather ambivalent about dragging up those old threads. It IS kind of silly. It’s also decisive. With the exception of one or two, most of those posters said what they did I the heat of the moment, out of frustration we ALL felt. Did they go overboard? Yes and they should own it.
Guess what? Most of them did earlier on. There were even apology posts by a couple of the most vocal.
I say let it go, let’s get together as a fanbase and cheer our guys on to #9
There was a comment by a certain poster that literally said Hami was out there throwing games.

There was a comment by a certain poster that literally said Hami was out there throwing games.
I know who you’re talking about
He also apologized for that and said he knew that it really wasn’t true. He did get plenty of grief the first time around on it

I hope no one misunderstands my stance on this. I do think it was knee jerk reactions during a rough time. I believe those posters would have been better served to stop and think before posting. And yes, I think many were over the top and it did piss me off at the time.
But at the same time, as a Kentucky fan, I understand why they felt the way they did. I was just as frustrated with this team.

I agree with the OP. Dragging up old dumb threads only gives others a reason to drag up the recent threads when we lose in the tourney. They'll say that the only reason we made it as far as we did is because we didn't play any good teams and the first good team we played we lost to.

Let's face it, UK was playing very badly a few weeks ago. They've started playing better recently. Let's just leave it at that.

ADVERTISEMENT