ADVERTISEMENT

Wiseman staying in 2019 class

That really hurts.We really need a big next year and Moses Brown is really the only one Cal has shown some interest in but has not offered.No way Richards stays and while SKJ has improved he will need help.And sorry but I just don't see Tai as the answer.

I don't think he'll reclassify and have said so a thousand times but nearly every kid denies doing this until it actually happens.

The danger with Wiseman is that a rule change by the NBA means we probably never see him if he doesn't reclassify.
^^^^^This.

Kid is so young. Only 16 right now. Won't be 17 until March. Hard to believe he can be as good as he is at that age. Hope UK can get him. Reminds me a little of Davis except I think he is a little better on the offensive end than Davis and not as good of a shot blocker yet.

We don't need him for next season.

We will have SKJ, Wynyard, Washington, and Gabriel most likely returning. Plus Vanderbilt is a possibility.

Then Cal will probably offer Brown when Richards declares.

Plus, Williamson is still a possibility.

If Cal was concerned about not having enough bodies inside he would have offered more forwards this recruiting cycle.

A lot of moving pieces the equation. He could be rule illegible for the season and that could change his whole thinking process in regards to college ball. I'm sure Bagley did not go around saying he'd reclassify a year ago, but the opportunity presented itself.

Cal certainly is gambling right now. Geuss thats why he sniffed around the Griffin. Playing the SR 5th year deal is risky too in only thinking there will be potentially someone worthy if we need them.

Matt and company have slipped big time when it comes to UK basketball. they've taken it for granted and tried to branch out into other aspects so much that their basketball info is garbage... I mean Matt swore up and down PJ was a good free throw shooter HAHAHAHA

maybe part of the reason excitement for bball has lessened some is because everyone listening to KSR hears about everything else and only like 5% legit basketball talk. and even that 5% basketball talk is way off base

Reactions: CarolinaCatsFan
Start. Playing. Tai.

I'm kind of glad Wiseman came out with it. Cal now knows that JW is no longer an option for 2018. He knows it's down to Moses, getting Tai/SKJ ready, or possibly a transfer. Better to have this information now than say, 5 months from now.

The kid will never play in college if the nba does away with the one and done.
Maybe, but he wouldn't be alone. Either way, I have no problem believing Calipari will thrive as long as he is here. Let's just wait and see what happens.

ADVERTISEMENT