ADVERTISEMENT

WISEMAN chose Memphis

Seems like he’s gotten fat and happy. He’s more and more concerned about politics, Steeler’s games, peripheral stuff.
It's ok to be upset as we've lost recruits that we normally got the first few years but this statement is beyond crazy. Calipari works as hard as anyone on the recruiting trail. Yes he may need to shake his staff up but the politics and Steeler's stuff is beyond asinine.

He's focused on the NBA. He'll have fun living close to home until he becomes a millionaire.

Most one-and-dones don't give a damn about winning championships in their brief college stay.

Are you a Memphis fan admitting that your program is completely and totally irrelevant?

Are you a Memphis fan admitting that your program is completely and totally irrelevant?

Not a Memphis fan at all. Just pointing out that your sour post has no merit when it comes to one-and-done recruits and what they actually care about.

That’s common knowledge, they don’t just make predictions out of thin air, they make them based on their sources and if the source says something changes then they change their pick. They have said that from day one but it baffles some people for some reason

It was done once Evan Daniels made his crystal ball pick. Evan doesn't do predictions. He waits for his sources to tell him a recruitment is a done deal, and then makes his pick.

Not a Memphis fan at all. Just pointing out that your sour post has no merit when it comes to one-and-done recruits and what they actually care about.

Actually the ones that come to Kentucky do, which is why they come here. Other guys go to other schools just so they can get theirs and not worry about the overall success of the team. I suspect Wiseman is the same way.

Reactions: awf and jace2012
Justice and Barbee already need to be packing. They bring absolutely nothing to the table. 2 elite recruiters need to be brought in. Our offense needs a touch up. These are all things that need to happen yesterday.

And Tubby Smith, you had 1 job. His name will no longer be hanging from the rafters after this last incident. Jk.... sorta.

That’s common knowledge, they don’t just make predictions out of thin air, they make them based on their sources and if the source says something changes then they change their pick. They have said that from day one but it baffles some people for some reason

No "they" here. I was talking only about Evan Daniels. He's literally the only guy whose crystal ball pick matters. He doesn't make early predictions. He waits until the recruit makes a decision and his sources tell him what the decision is.

Reactions: Newcattitudes
Cals not going to take lightly, I'm sure he's sick of hearing about Penny or Memphis State as much as anyone. Now we will see if he can work his magic. Didn't Cal just hire a recruiting cordinator type? Hell I should have applied for the position as much as I'm on the internet.
Nvm i just went looked what Brady Kennedy gas on his plate and it's alot but he must be good at organizing the recruiting efforts for Cal to hire him.

Last edited:
Just because Penny is a good recruiter, it doesn't translate into wins.
Wiseman and Jeffries didn’t exactly dominate the AAU circuit. I think he could’ve been great here but he’s a kid that would’ve required coaching effort and that can really test the progress of a team. I’m alright with losing him but not getting Oscar and likely missing on Carey and Stewart is bigger. With all the minutes available I just don’t get it.

Reactions: jace2012
The last time I posted on here was when Jeffries committed to Memphis I just stateted facts that Wiseman to Memphis was a done deal but most of the other posters just commented on my poor Grammer and puncuation skills and didn't want to face the reality but today you all have to face the Truth he not coming to UK but maybe some of you great writers could pen the perfect letter and convince Mr Wiseman to change his mind

If you're blaming this on Tony Barbee, maybe just don't post.

Justus was the point man on this one, and he did a tremendous job. He did exactly what he was brought in to do: identify kids early and build relationships with them before Duke/Team USA get their claws in.

He did that. Wiseman and his mom referred to him like family, and it's why he was as much of a sure thing to Kentucky as you get in recruiting.

Until Memphis hired Penny. No one was beating that. You might as well blame Barbee for missing on Michael Porter Jr.

Reactions: mapcatfan
image.gif

You may not have figured this out about your life yet, but the reason no one likes you or wants you around isn't because you're inaccurate. It's because you're unbearable.

Reactions: WildcatfaninOhio
Don't see any need to freak out.

Looks like the next Jules Camara.

I tend to agree as I think his one year in college will produce less than desirable results (ala Skal). The problem however is we seemingly might miss out on all Big recruits and will be stuck with a JR Richards in the middle next year. A Jr Richards could be as good if not better than wiseman so will see.

I hope long term this helps Kentucky. I would love to see Wiseman and Penny fail at Memphis. It was an absolutely stupid decision on Wiseman's part to take this risk. If he does fail the short-term hype will be long term disaster for Penny's recruiting.

Reactions: awf
The last time I posted on here was when Jeffries committed to Memphis I just stateted facts that Wiseman to Memphis was a done deal but most of the other posters just commented on my poor Grammer and puncuation skills and didn't want to face the reality but today you all have to face the Truth he not coming to UK but maybe some of you great writers could pen the perfect letter and convince Mr Wiseman to change his mind
Are you in prison, grade school, or Nigeria?

Honestly you missed one word here and there and made a couple spelling errors but the grammar looks entirely correct, sans punctuation. The tense appears consistent and you even used “poor” instead of “bad” grammar.

Reactions: UKCATSFREAK

A period would be nice here and there. Thanks!

ADVERTISEMENT