ADVERTISEMENT

Wiseman announcing decision Tuesday

Yes, Kentucky hated Cal while he was at Memphis until he was stolen away and then he became most loved just like he was damaged goods when he came to us doubted, loved, then not liked so much. Buyers market and Kentucky could out bid us and offered some things we could not.

True on the second max but that's the contract they earned on the floor. Ky under Cal recruits at a very high level and top 10 draft picks generally play really well in college and the NBA. That's talent not the school they came from. Frankly, I don't think any coach can claim too much credit for a guy that comes to you as the top high school kid and gets picked at the number one draft pick after one year.

Before Cal when was the last top daft pick from UK? I'm thinking never but could be wrong. Cal recruited Rose to Memphis and had Wall here also until leaving in the dead of night. So that sounds more like Cal than Ky.

Not provable but interesting discussion. Good luck to you. Maybe we will get the indy game set up in Nashville next year. That would be fun.

Why would we ever schedule you guys?

Last I checked, Villanova recently won 2 National Titles with far less than number one or number two recruiting classes.

The only caveat to that is Villanova seasoned them alittle more than 1 year before doing so.

If you would've told me 5 years ago that Cal would eventually start striking out on every top-tier, elite recruit, I would've laughed. Amazing how quick you can go from "the cool school" to "old news" in recruiting

Reactions: kywildcat41086
A lot of these guys who pick crap programs don’t care about winning in college.

If they don't care about winning then why even play? If you love the game then you want to also win. This isn't little league where everyone gets a participation trophy.

I think he is making a stupid decision if he ends up going with Memphis. It's one thing to commit to a school with a proven college head coach (doesn't even have to be a great coach or program), but another to commit to the equivalent of a high school coach that's never coached at this level. We all know what the play is like in AAU ball. If he were smart he would at least wait until the end of this season to see if he can coach a lick.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Hope the mods are prepared for all the trolls from Memphis St and other coming over talking crap on OUR board. Wiseman might want to stay of social media for a longtime. He’s going to get trashed by UK fans if he’s that dumb to chose them over UK and he’ll get trashed by there fans if it’s us!

Yes, Kentucky hated Cal while he was at Memphis until he was stolen away and then he became most loved just like he was damaged goods when he came to us doubted, loved, then not liked so much. Buyers market and Kentucky could out bid us and offered some things we could not.

True on the second max but that's the contract they earned on the floor. Ky under Cal recruits at a very high level and top 10 draft picks generally play really well in college and the NBA. That's talent not the school they came from. Frankly, I don't think any coach can claim too much credit for a guy that comes to you as the top high school kid and gets picked at the number one draft pick after one year.

Before Cal when was the last top daft pick from UK? I'm thinking never but could be wrong. Cal recruited Rose to Memphis and had Wall here also until leaving in the dead of night. So that sounds more like Cal than Ky.

Not provable but interesting discussion. Good luck to you. Maybe we will get the indy game set up in Nashville next year. That would be fun.

Uh, UK has just a little bit of history before Coach Cal. memphis, not so much. Cal made memphis basketball relevant, although fleeting. (Notice, I did not state relevant...again.)

If Wiseman was coming here, Cal would of had him announce the day after the Duke loss
you must be wrong, According to Bigkyfan10 coaches and players never discuss when they will announce. Its only up to the player and the coaches have zero input on it. lol. (this is a shot at Bigkyfan10 who is a complete moron), not a shot at your post.

This has to be one of the stupidest theories that I have ever heard and it doesn't surprise me coming from a guy who GUARANTEE D everyone that Wiggins was going to choose UK. A highschool basketball player isn't going to let a college basketball coach of team that he isn't even going to pick decide when he's going to announce his college choice.
Once again,., here you are with a moron post, making stuff up. Of COURSE coaches and recruits talk about these things all the time. Why else would Wiseman go from a spring time decision to Tuesday out of no where?? Explain a theory instead of "stupedist"...The point is if you look at the visits, and then the sudden change, it makes sense that it was discussed. Things change all the time in recruiting moron, and this is the perfect example. Wiseman was as close to a lock for UK as any player ever. But, Penny being hired changed things big time. Did you expect Zion to go to Duke? DId you expect Knox to pick Kentucky? no you didnt. Its not a stretch to think that Cal said if its Memphis, go ahead, dont worry about it. Cal has put a lot of time in on him. Why would it shock you that Cal could have said I need to know if you have chosen Memphis?? Why is that shocking to you? There are some recruits who want to commit early, and coaches tell them to hold off so they dont scare off others, And it happens in reverse sometimes too. None of these things are new, or shocking. The only thing thats shocking is you, and how you never actually have a "take" on anything. You just slam other peoples posts and never bring anything to the table, no guesses, no info, but you bring out the big words "stupedists". Moron.

Yay! We will get to see Coach Cal miss on yet another top 5 recruit like he always has the past few years.
You are a moron, all you do is bash Cal. You literally copied and pasted this same reply in multiple posts today. Cal is the best recruiter in the game, and easily best ever at UK. This last class was #1 by some, and at worst, #2 by others. But its not good enough for you is it? Stop whining like a little b!tch because you will never get another recruiter like Cal. You are but hurt because a kid is picking Memphis over Kentucky, even though he has lived and played there his entire life, and they hired his high school coach. But that pisses you off, and that shocks you? Copy and past it again idiot. Keep bashing Cal, we will remind you of it when we get stuck with BCG or Tubby level recruits one day.

Uh, UK has just a little bit of history before Coach Cal. memphis, not so much. Cal made memphis basketball relevant, although fleeting. (Notice, I did not state relevant...again.)
I have made it very clear I recognize the extensive tradition of success of Ky and Cal and its deeper and better than ours. Pay attention.

The post was about number 1 pics prior to Cal not program success.
While Cals run here elevated our program to the final 4 it wasn’t our first rodeo (3) and many years of NCAAs and sweet 16s and few elite 8s. Ky has more. key is a blue blood. But fleeting is not indicative of our program. Don’t let smugness due to your success let you forget the in-between years. You’ve had them also.

I have made it very clear I recognize the extensive tradition of success of Ky and Cal and its deeper and better than ours. Pay attention.

The post was about number 1 pics prior to Cal not program success.
While Cals run here elevated our program to the final 4 it wasn’t our first rodeo (3) and many years of NCAAs and sweet 16s and few elite 8s. Ky has more. key is a blue blood. But fleeting is not indicative of our program. Don’t let smugness due to your success let you forget the in-between years. You’ve had them also.

For the most part, our in between years are like your best years.

I know Penny has chirped it a lot. Did Cal say he was going to schedule Memphis? Show me the quote.

Penny suggested a home and home. Cal said no. Cal suggested Nashville. Penny said three years home & home a third year in Nashville.

You want a quote look it up. I don’t work for you or need to prove anything to you.

Penny suggested a home and home. Cal said no. Cal suggested Nashville. Penny said three years home & home a third year in Nashville.

You want a quote look it up. I don’t work for you or need to prove anything to you.

UK gains zero by playing Memphis. So penny should just shut his mouth bc the important people don’t give a crap what he’s sayin

Stop making up lies. If Cal said he would play Memphis in Nashville, prove it. If not, shut up and get lost.

At this point, I find it useless to argue with Kentucky fans concerning recruitment because Memphis is locked and loaded. James Wiseman and DJ Jeffries will be a green light for Trendon Watford, Damion Baugh, Matthew Hurt and/or Precious Achuiwa. Memphis will finish 1 or 2 in 2019.

Memphis is going hard to land Jalen Green, RJ Hampton and Anthony Edwards in 2020 to create a 1-3 combo guard lineup to stretch the floor like this year's Duke squad and the staff is capable. Penny Hardaway can get into any living room in America.

Memphis is wired through 2023 on the trail. Sam Mitchell is prepared to take Wiseman, Hurt, Jeffries and Watford to the next level.

Tomorrow, Penny Hardaway will become the first coach in college basketball to land the #1 recruit in the nation in his first season.

.................................Tomorrow, Penny Hardaway will become the first coach in college basketball to land the #1 recruit in the nation in his first season.

And Memphis will become the first university to hire a high school coach with zero college coaching experience to land that number one recruit.

Congrats.

If you would've told me 5 years ago that Cal would eventually start striking out on every top-tier, elite recruit, I would've laughed. Amazing how quick you can go from "the cool school" to "old news" in recruiting

Guess this puts the “Cal cheats” argument to bed now.

At this point, I find it useless to argue with Kentucky fans concerning recruitment because Memphis is locked and loaded. James Wiseman and DJ Jeffries will be a green light for Trendon Watford, Damion Baugh, Matthew Hurt and/or Precious Achuiwa. Memphis will finish 1 or 2 in 2019.

Memphis is going hard to land Jalen Green, RJ Hampton and Anthony Edwards in 2020 to create a 1-3 combo guard lineup to stretch the floor like this year's Duke squad and the staff is capable. Penny Hardaway can get into any living room in America.

Memphis is wired through 2023 on the trail. Sam Mitchell is prepared to take Wiseman, Hurt, Jeffries and Watford to the next level.

Tomorrow, Penny Hardaway will become the first coach in college basketball to land the #1 recruit in the nation in his first season.

Lol. Sounds like the rest of us should just give up. I mean, SAM MITCHELL. He has had one whole winning season as a coach. I can see why you’re so fired up. [laughing]

Our coaching staff is working relentlessly to rebuild Memphis into a truly special program. Penny Hardaway was coached by Larry Finch, a man whom never cheated and played the game with great integrity. Memphis has the wealthiest coaching staff in college basketball. They make pennies in the current contract and do it for the passion of inner city youth basketball. There will be no need to cheat when you are endowed.

You’re funny. I’ll tell Penny you said shut up. 4th grader right?

Cal doesn’t play true road games out of conference. He plays a lot of neutral site games set up by tv. Cals former team. Two powerhouses. School that stole two players from Cal, one his first ever decommit while at Ky. Sounds like a game made for TV but I’m sure the tv execs will call you to get your opinion.

Penny paid Ky and Cal a compliment. He said he wanted to play the best.
Powerhouse? LOL Memphis isn’t even close to a powerhouse. How many titles have you won in the 70+ years of NCAA championships? I’ll hang up and listen. That little man complex is really showing

I know Penny has chirped it a lot. Did Cal say he was going to schedule Memphis? Show me the quote.

But Calipari is leaving the door open to a possible neutral-site game with Memphis at some point in the future too.

“I think (Hardaway) is going to do a fabulous job there, I really do, and the city needs him to do well there,” Calipari said. “… The basketball program moves people in that city. And I think he’ll do fine. I don’t think a home-and-home would be in the cards, but playing them? Maybe we can figure out something.”

https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...s-memphis-penny-hardaway-unlikely/1519898002/

But Calipari is leaving the door open to a possible neutral-site game with Memphis at some point in the future too.

“I think (Hardaway) is going to do a fabulous job there, I really do, and the city needs him to do well there,” Calipari said. “… The basketball program moves people in that city. And I think he’ll do fine. I don’t think a home-and-home would be in the cards, but playing them? Maybe we can figure out something.”

https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...s-memphis-penny-hardaway-unlikely/1519898002/

If you are a Memphis fan and you read that as cal welcoming or even “leaving the door open” then you don’t know cal. You think cal is gonna say “nah we aren’t gonna play them”? You tiger fans need to take your hardon to play Kentucky and go see if you can land UNCheat first.

Haha. That’s Cal being magnanimous. What’s he going to say? “No way. Never.”

Show me in there where it says anything about suggesting Nashville. And you’re buddy was acting like there was some kind of negotiation.

“Cal says Nashville...Penny says home and home THEN Nashville.”

Hilarious. Penny would crawl over broken glass to Nashville to play Kentucky if Cal really offered.

ADVERTISEMENT