ADVERTISEMENT

Wiseman announcing decision Tuesday

Plan B would be Carey, which isn't likely
Plan C would be Stewart, which isn't likely
Plan D was Oscar, which didn't happen

there are no other centers left in this class, only possible hope is a reclass by someone

or sign Brooks & McDaniels & another "good" shooting guard & play small next year & press all over

Cal seems to bring in a player not on the radar and has done that several times.

Last edited:
is it possible he’s signing early to get money now? am serious, in light of the state of college b-ball.

A lot of posters bad mouthing Wiseman and he has not even announced yet . What are you going to do if he does pick UK? Some people complain about every little thing. Cal will get players for next year and he has done a good job for the last 10 years.

I am not going to lose sleep if Wiseman picks Memphis St. I am still hoping he picks UK and Carey comes also.

I really don't know what some of our spoiled fans are gonna do when Cal is gone.

We are gonna be back to praying for a top 10 class. ... With him we are either 1 or 2. But now 2 isn't good enough . We have to get the best class and player every year or it's somehow a failure to some of our fans.

Y'all are in for a rude awakening. Perspective is lost on many.

Oh and BTW, probably Memphis, but kid hasn't announced yet lol

I think that is some of what has fans concerned or mad. If we sign the # 1 or #2 class every year in theory we should at least win a title you would think in the last 6 years. I know some of the fans I talk to are sick and tired about hearing about our class ranking and the NBA. Hell there is more NBA crap on KSR than there is Kentucky Basketball. It is no longer about Kentucky Basketball. It is about the NBA and the player. Kentucky comes 3rd. Enough with the NBA, enough with nitpicking were our class ranks, enough of players first. That worked for awhile and now it doesnt. Time for Cal and Kentucky to reinvent their program. Sadly I think when it comes down to it Cal will be as stubborn as Tubby was about his assistants. We need younger Assistants who have played in the NBA and can relate more to the 5 star talent and help develop them.

I'll say this, he certainly wouldn't be the first player to upset the local community.

Monk went through hell for not picking Arkansas, where his brother played football.
Tyler Herro went through hell for de-committing from Wisconsin.

Didn't Poythress catch some crap for leaving the state of Tennessee? I know Vandy wanted him bad.

True but it is Memphis. Not the safest city on Earth and they already hate UK. He’d be a brave fella for doing it

Reactions: rgbowlds
Yikes. Timing and scuttlebutt both scream Memphis. Really wanted this guy.

Hopefully we can land one of McDaniel or Hurt and call it a class with 3 top 10 guys. I've already written off Carey.

I think that is some of what has fans concerned or mad. If we sign the # 1 or #2 class every year in theory we should at least win a title you would think in the last 6 years. I know some of the fans I talk to are sick and tired about hearing about our class ranking and the NBA. Hell there is more NBA crap on KSR than there is Kentucky Basketball. It is no longer about Kentucky Basketball. It is about the NBA and the player. Kentucky comes 3rd. Enough with the NBA, enough with nitpicking were our class ranks, enough of players first. That worked for awhile and now it doesnt. Time for Cal and Kentucky to reinvent their program. Sadly I think when it comes down to it Cal will be as stubborn as Tubby was about his assistants. We need younger Assistants who have played in the NBA and can relate more to the 5 star talent and help develop them.

OTS and Billy were a whiz at that too. In a nutshell...

It's Memphis & has been for sometime. Penny played Cal well with Jeffries & Wiseman. Both were going to Memphis all along & Penny has known since at least last JAN he'd be coaching this year. And every bit of it from Jeffries committing to UK & Wiseman showing UK love was orchrstrated by Penny to kickstart his era by an apparent beatout of Cal/UK.

Well, we all know where this decision is headed.

Cal misses on another top 5 guy
Maybe Cal has asked him to commit to UK because all of the negativity surrounding our program right now.

It does worry me that if he does pick UK this early Penny won’t back off like with Jeffries.

Even if he picks Memphis I bet we make a deeper run than them in March next season!

Reactions: CatfanMike47
It’s gonna be Memphis.....no way he plays his senior season in Memphis and announces he’s leaving the city.

If Cal strikes out on the elite players he’s gonna have to restructure his philosophy.
Maybe Cal already is changing his recruiting style with the impending G league stuff

The hope now needs to be McDaniels and a reclassification from Dante.

With Maxey and one of our PGs from this year back, plus Herro, plus Whitney, and maybe a guy like Walker or another surprise and then a guy like Allen for depth in year one, we can be as good as anyone.

Most of the country is going to lose a ton, and so far there's no one putting together a monster recruiting haul. A lot has to shake out before it's time to be worried.

Evan Daniels has picked 79 out of 82 correctly in the crystal ball. If he doesn't change his pick he other has big balls or knows something & sticking to it.

I think he'll change his pick to Memphis but if he doesn't t hst would be interesting.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Who the hell knows.. I do think like others that the timing of this bodes well for Memphis. Unless he is ready to get this over with but that's a LONG time to be a Wildcat while living in TN don't you agree?

Maybe Cal has asked him to commit to UK because all of the negativity surrounding our program right now.

It does worry me that if he does pick UK this early Penny won’t back off like with Jeffries.

Even if he picks Memphis I bet we make a deeper run than them in March next season!
Negativity surrounding our program? Not sure I follow.

The hope now needs to be McDaniels and a reclassification from Dante.

With Maxey and one of our PGs from this year back, plus Herro, plus Whitney, and maybe a guy like Walker or another surprise and then a guy like Allen for depth in year one, we can be as good as anyone.

Most of the country is going to lose a ton, and so far there's no one putting together a monster recruiting haul. A lot has to shake out before it's time to be worried.
The Dante kid looks good and what Cals teams need to succeed.

Reactions: GonzoCat90
It's Memphis & has been for sometime. Penny played Cal well with Jeffries & Wiseman. Both were going to Memphis all along & Penny has known since at least last JAN he'd be coaching this year. And every bit of it from Jeffries committing to UK & Wiseman showing UK love was orchrstrated by Penny to kickstart his era by an apparent beatout of Cal/UK.
I think you give Penny too much credit and Cal not enough......Cal is no one's fool.....

Penny is not that smart.

Reactions: BBUK
I think it will be Mem. but hope it UK, but until coach Cal gets that assistant who can flat recruit who can get the top 5 players things will not change. Hard to know what plan B is maybe over seas or another grad student..

The Dante kid looks good and what Cals teams need to succeed.

His ranking doesn't match how good a fit he'd be for us. For example, if you flip he and Skal for the 2016 squad, I think it goes to the Elite 8 or further. Just a physical, shotblocking, rebounding presence that runs the floor and dunks everything.

Reactions: jace2012
I'll say this, he certainly wouldn't be the first player to upset the local community.

Monk went through hell for not picking Arkansas, where his brother played football.
Tyler Herro went through hell for de-committing from Wisconsin.

Didn't Poythress catch some crap for leaving the state of Tennessee? I know Vandy wanted him bad.

Poy went to Northeast High, right on the Kentucky border near me. I didn't hear anything back then. Heck alot of people in the area are UK fans as Ft. Campbell is like 2 miles away. Hopkinsville is close as well.

Let's not forget Archie Goodwin though. He took almost as much grief from Hawg fans as did Monk. They were angrier at Monk though because they weren't expecting it with Goodwin lol.

No dadgumit don't stop them from jumping. Let them jump because they will not be posting anymore.

You can hear the Cal haters slavering. Morgy has his “can’t win without elite players” post polished up. Zaybloven is stuttering with glee. Cut nuts has created 50 new accounts. Somebody will be happy tomorrow. Great day for KY fans. Or a major boon for the CLOD.

If it is Memphis it's a good move for Penny to get him to announce early so they can generate some excitement for the rest of the class.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT