ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin defense

The Wisky/Bucknuts game should be one of the best of the season and we should get it twice, unless Penn State pulls the upset. If so, the B1G may have an argument for getting 2 teams into the playoff (if they split and both are otherwise unbeaten). OSU is at Wisky this year for the first game, I think.

Man-handling both MSU and UM defensively is modestly impressive, but I am more impressed with how many points the Badgers put up while shutting out those teams. People act like Wisconsin is one dimensional. They are not. And are putting points up against better than average defenses. The Wolverines’ defense is ranked 14 and MSU is top 25.

Wisky and OSU are currently the top 2 rated defenses in the country. PSU is #4.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
A Wisconsin vs. Oklahoma semi final game would be an interesting contrast of styles to say the least. I watched the OU vs. Texas game and was not all that impressed with OU's offense, except for the ridiculous WR they have (Cee Dee something). Hurtts made the same idiotic mistakes he did at Alabama, which is why he transferred after getting beat out. But OU has improved a lot on defense. If the QB plays well, the Sooners will be a tough out for anyone in the BCS.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
A Wisconsin vs. Oklahoma semi final game would be an interesting contrast of styles to say the least.
How ‘bout a Wisconsin-Oklahoma final?:)

The Wisky/Bucknuts game should be one of the best of the season and we should get it twice, unless Penn State pulls the upset. If so, the B1G may have an argument for getting 2 teams into the playoff (if they split and both are otherwise unbeaten). OSU is at Wisky this year for the first game, I think.

Man-handling both MSU and UM defensively is modestly impressive, but I am more impressed with how many points the Badgers put up while shutting out those teams. People act like Wisconsin is one dimensional. They are not. And are putting points up against better than average defenses. The Wolverines’ defense is ranked 14 and MSU is top 25.

Disagree on the argument for 2. If they split this year only OSU will get in IMO. I think OSU goes undefeated though and it is looking like OU and Clemson will. That leaves an undefeated or 1 loss SEC champ competing with a 2nd big Ten team...no chance the SEC doesn't get in.

The Badgers look pretty good but when your toughest road games are Ohio State, Nebraska and Minnesota I can't just go by their record. In the big ten you have to get up for 3 or 4 games, same as the ACC, Where in the SEC you better be ready to play every week or you will get beat, .

I can't see, right now, any conference getting 2 in unless something unexpected happens. Winner of Bama-LSU is in if they win the SEC championship game. Clemson had a scare at UNC but the only losable game I see left for them is at South Carolina and even if they lose that and win their conference they should get in. An undefeated Oklahoma would have to be in.

Yeah I don't care who you play, thats pretty damn impressive. Just hard to believe in wiscy cause they always seem to be really good but then lose to osu or someone they shouldn't. Be interesting to see them make the playoffs this year

ADVERTISEMENT