ADVERTISEMENT

Winning this game proves something in my mind

Wildcats1st

All-American
Sep 16, 2017
we have a better team than last year. Much better. Give this team a bracket that opens up and they will seize it. I think if we get a 2 seed watch out: we still have a long way to go and lots of good teams ahead that will prepare us for March.

we have a better team than last year. Much better. Give this team a bracket that opens up and they will seize it. I think if we get a 2 seed watch out: we still have a long way to go and lots of good teams ahead that will prepare us for March.
Bruce Pearl said we’re better this year in his post game presser. Said these kids play with a purpose ams are better across the board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bruce Pearl said we’re better this year in his post game presser. Said these kids have play with a purpose ams are better across the board.
Yep, I was just reading his comments. He offers some high praise for our guys and the team. He said we value possessions more this year and have a stronger will to win. He also named KJ, Herro, and EJ and said they are high character guys. Pearl is an easy guy to dislike (like Calipari is for others I'm sure) but it's hard to deny the positive effect he's had everywhere he's been. I remember when he was at Milwaukee and his team had a big tournament upset and he was so passionate. It's hard to create that- you either have it or you don't.

But it sure is fun to beat him, for that very same reason.

I like this team more than last year's as well. I think we're further along than last year's team at this point in time.

Looking at the stats:
1. FG% 49% vs. last year's 47%
2. 3 PT FG% about even at 35%, but this team is trending in the right direction and should hit 36-37% by season end.
3. FT% 75% vs. 70% last year.
4. This year's team commits fewer turnovers than the opposition, while last year's committed more.
5. Last year's team was better at shot blocking.
6. FG% defense is poorer than last year. We're at 42% overall, and 37% from 3PT. Last year's team was 40.4% overall and only 30% from 3PT. They had better rim protectors and overall length...with Gabriel, Knox, SKJ...and SGA was a big guard who probably contested threes better than our current team.

I'm still worried about our relative weakness inside. AU is a smaller team that Travis could compete with inside....that won't be the case deep in the NCAA tournament. Nick and EJ must give us more.

Yep, I was just reading his comments. He offers some high praise for our guys and the team. He said we value possessions more this year and have a stronger will to win. He also named KJ, Herro, and EJ and said they are high character guys. Pearl is an easy guy to dislike (like Calipari is for others I'm sure) but it's hard to deny the positive effect he's had everywhere he's been. I remember when he was at Milwaukee and his team had a big tournament upset and he was so passionate. It's hard to create that- you either have it or you don't.

But it sure is fun to beat him, for that very same reason.

What is there to dislike about pearl? I’ve never disliked him nor ever had a reason to. Had always been respectful toward our teams and cal and coaches his teams well to win the game and gives high praise of his opponents, after a win or a loss. To me at least, he and Buzz Williams are two of the most likeable coaches in the game.

It’s the “statement win” trifecta: 1) a good team 2) having a good game 3) in their own house. And the Cats won in spite of all three.

We still have a long way to go; Tyler and Keldon hit some clutch shots that we can’t always expect to go in. But with two more months to figure it out, I like our chances.

What is there to dislike about pearl? I’ve never disliked him nor ever had a reason to. Had always been respectful toward our teams and cal and coaches his teams well to win the game and gives high praise of his opponents, after a win or a loss. To me at least, he and Buzz Williams are two of the most likeable coaches in the game.

Lol wow. Pearl is one of the most hated amongst his peers. Mainly being wosely disrespectful and the cheating and being a snitch

But everybody needs at least one person that likes them. I guess you are Pearl's

Lol wow. Pearl is one of the most hated amongst his peers. Mainly being wosely disrespectful and the cheating and being a snitch

But everybody needs at least one person that likes them. I guess you are Pearl's

Interesting because I’ve never seen him be disrespectful at all. Maybe he has been but i’ll Judge for myself with my own eyes as opposed to believing what other people want you to believe.

And CTB, at 14-3 and with 7 of the next 11 in Rupp that has to be a freightening thought to the rest of college basketball.

I think the bigger issue is that 8/11 of UK's last games are essentially against tournament level teams. That's the type of thing that puts hair on team's chest before they reach the NCAA tourney.

I actually think UK wins about 6 or 7 of those games, but it won't matter, because most of those wins will be against Quad 1 teams.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
When Auburn started all this unreal shooting in the second half I wasn't sure this team would keep it together because even veteran teams would have wilted to all they were going thru. The crowd and some calls that were going against them at key moments in the game and 25 foot shots going in shot after shot. They kept their poise and Cal did a good job rotating players and keeping them focused. If they can win there they can win anywhere but they see what it takes to do it now.

Reactions: CatfanMike47

He had a BBQ at his house for a recruit? I know it’s cheating but come on. Especially with all the other programs getting away with much worse

He had a BBQ at his house for a recruit? I know it’s cheating but come on. Especially with all the other programs getting away with much worse
Tbh I’ve always liked Pearl because he’s a character
But it wasn’t the BBQ...it was the lying about it, and I think there was something that happened after that that actually got him fired
But I agree; others get away with far worse

Interesting because I’ve never seen him be disrespectful at all. Maybe he has been but i’ll Judge for myself with my own eyes as opposed to believing what other people want you to believe.

Bc you have your eyes on him a lot. Whatever man you do you

Last edited:

Not even talking about the BBQ. I could care less about that. If you think that the only time he was "dirty", think again

OP Im hapoy to see you post anything positive. And your right. Welcome on board

Not even talking about the BBQ. I could care less about that. If you think that the only time he was "dirty", think again

Please enlighten those of us who aren’t in the know what other “dirty” transgressions he has been involved in. I am sure you take offense to the rest of the college basketball crowd who call cal dirty all the time without so much as a hint of a single violation. To my knowledge pearl has one violation, the BBQ.

Reactions: cmallory4121

People, and his peers included, love Bill Self...learn to form your own opinions.

This team is much better than last year. This team has all the right pieces and we have seen flashes of what they are capable of. If only they decide to put it together for 40 minutes, the sky is the limit.

ADVERTISEMENT