ADVERTISEMENT

Winning on Saturday after that start....

catrecruit

Senior
Apr 14, 2006
Unreal when you think about it....a real testament to the mindset Stoops & Co. has instilled in this program

Totally agree catrecruit.

Plus, Ky didn't just win they handled South Carolina pretty much from down 6-0 on.

If it wasn't for the miracle 4th and 8 conversion for the TD in the far back of the endzone Kentucky really would have pounded them.

You are correct, that run from 0-6 to 23-13 was epic and could have easily have been a 23-0 run! On the road in the SEC!

This is why I'm talking BCS damnit!

Totally agree catrecruit.

Plus, Ky didn't just win they handled South Carolina pretty much from down 6-0 on.

If it wasn't for the miracle 4th and 8 conversion for the TD in the far back of the endzone Kentucky really would have pounded them.

You are correct, that run from 0-6 to 23-13 was epic and could have easily have been a 23-0 run! On the road in the SEC!

This is why I'm talking BCS damnit!
Yes and no. USC left 13 points in the field between missed fgs and choosing to go for it on 4th and goal when they didn't need too. They should have had at least 10 of those going 1-2 from 50+.

Flip side: if they make the field goals I think we stay a little more aggressive on offense and still win by 7-10.

Yes and no. USC left 13 points in the field between missed fgs and choosing to go for it on 4th and goal when they didn't need too. They should have had at least 10 of those going 1-2 from 50+.

Flip side: if they make the field goals I think we stay a little more aggressive on offense and still win by 7-10.
We left points on the board as well. Including the pass that hit off CJ Conrad off his shoulder pad - would have resulted in a TD, and at worst a 1st and goal from the 1 yard line.

SJ's run down the sideline at end of game when he slid at the 10 - not saying he could have scored a TD, but we ran 3 vanilla plays up the middle and settled for a FG. Had we really wanted to score a TD there, I'm guessing we could have.

Last edited:

If and buts and candy and nuts. They didn't leave anything because they didn't convert. And two of the fgs were long. Score was exactly what it should have been and was.

And their kicker was a true frosh.

Their 4th down attempt from near the 50 and their long field goal attempts with an unproven kicker were clear signs of desperation . . . ., and if "near misses" were of much significance, Kentucky's trophy case would be lots fuller.

ADVERTISEMENT