ADVERTISEMENT

Wimsatt to Rutgers

No.

But I can see the argument for Wimsatt to Rutgers. He doesn’t have 2 Four Star players in the two classes immediately above him.

I’m certain he was sold on being the face of the recovering program, and there is little at Rutgers to stop him from doing so.

Let's also face the fact that the BiGMidWestishConf has one team that perennially needs to be beaten plus a couple also rans, compared to the SEC having 4-6 teams every year that may be playoff contenders. Schiano at Rutgers makes them a contender for the conf title, for whatever that is worth

Reactions: The-Hack
Saw this posted on uofl board.

Okay I talked to Coach Fallin of Owensboro High School and asked him about Gavin’s recruitment and his decision to go to Rutgers. He said that Ukay and Louisville did a good job recruiting, but Shiano did a better job. He did mention that Ukay not having a OC really hurt their chances due to the Rams were playing in the playoffs etc before he started, but still thinks he would have picked Rutgers due to Shiano and the job he did on selling playing at Rutgers amongst the BigTen. Coach Fallin didn’t say anything bad about Louisville and their recruitment into Gavin, for he thought at times GW was interested, but in the end Shiano sold him on playing in one of the top conferences in the country, and depending WHO you talk to THE top conference. So he is going to have a chance to go play from day one as their #1 QB playing games against Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Mich State, Indiana every year not to mention teams from the other division and out of conference play, and they are on the BigTen Network which is available here in Owensboro where his friends and family will be able to watch him. Yes I know the SECN and the ACCN is available too, but that was his decision and Coach Fallin said he was awfully proud of him making a decision to go play there than the easy decision to stay home and play for a State school.
Enlighten us on anyone who thinks the Big Ten is top conference. OSU won a natty like 5 years ago. But what else would make them the top conference. Anyone with any common sense would know better!

ADVERTISEMENT