ADVERTISEMENT

Willis?

maysvilleky

All-American
Aug 13, 2003
Has he worked out for any team? Seems we've heard about everyone but him? I thought someone might give him a shot due to his shooting.

Why work out now? Second round at best with no gaurantee .
Same as a non-drafted gets. Choose your team and try out later.
"FREE AGENT"

Reactions: BBUK and csrupp
Hard for a guy that was so difficult to motivate in College to be taken to seriously by the NBA. I really like Willis but he will have to prove a work effect at the D League level first. The amount of athletic long shooters trying to make the NBA is enormous. It is amazing watching players int eh NBA that you remember being so good at the college level, just look horrible.

Reactions: 1 person
Willis is one of my most disappointing players ever TBH. Completely disappeared and left us high and dry when we needed it - complete no show against IU in the tournament last year, and had a chance to seal the win against UNC in the tournament with a 3 and couldn't hit a thing - and then got lost against Maye and let him hit a wide open jumper to win the game. Just didn't have the grit.

Willis is one of my most disappointing players ever TBH. Completely disappeared and left us high and dry when we needed it - complete no show against IU in the tournament last year, and had a chance to seal the win against UNC in the tournament with a 3 and couldn't hit a thing - and then got lost against Maye and let him hit a wide open jumper to win the game. Just didn't have the grit.

Yea, I'm guessing this opinion won't go over too well.

Why did Willis sign with Briscoe as an agent? Has that ever happened before?

tough opinion, but lots of truth

Willis will get his chance to earn a spot on a roster this summer. Unlike Briscoe, Willis has the chance to do something at an elite level, and that's shoot the 3 as a stretch-4. His athleticism is good enough to give him a shot. It's up to him to make it work.

I know he had some knee issues as a JR. Hope the knees don't limit his chances.

Willis may be one of the most over rated "great shooters" of all time. That is why at 6/9 no pro teams have him on their radar.

ADVERTISEMENT