ADVERTISEMENT

Will you get MoviePass?

Hmmm.

So my choices are:
1. Go to the movie theater. Spend close to $50 for popcorn, drink, tickets, for a party of 2.......to watch movie "X" with class A atmosphere.
2. Pay $10/month to watch a movie a day. You own food/drink. Unlimited party size. And Class B atmosphere.
3. Same situation as #2 but pay $1-2 per movie......just have to wait a couple months for Redbox, etc.
4. Same situation as #2 but DVR any movie you want without paying anything more than your regular monthly priced TV costs.....just have to wait a little longer. Then you have the movie for life if desired. And you reserve the option to pay a fee (usually between $5-12) to watch movies sooner.

For me it boils down to what the movie is.....and how it translates to how patient or cheap you are. I understand if movies are a hobby of yours and if you go often. I used to go all the time.....and would still if the price was low. But with the inflated prices I mainly just go for the experience. So, I rarely go now. If something interests me a lot (like Star Wars) I will pay and go. If I'm on a daddy/daughter date we can go watch a movie of her choosing (though I hardly ever ever get my $ worth from the movie in this case.....it's all about spending time with my kids). 90% of the time I am patient enough to wait for Redbox,DVR, or similar. So to me this service would be a waste. But I can understand others that would be interested.

ADVERTISEMENT