ADVERTISEMENT

Will The Cheaters zone the Cats like UCLA

KWilt43atbuzz

All-American
Nov 18, 2012
or play us straight up?

I have a feeling they will zone and pray we don't hit 10 of 23 threes like we did v UCLA.

Honestly, I hope they do. If Berry is at all hobbled, they may have to, and if UK is smart, they will get some great looks. Willis and Hawkins were shooting the ball extremely confidently last night and if Carolina goes zone, it should be there again.

Reactions: KWilt43atbuzz
My biggest worry is UNC's length. For all they do well, UCLA's guards (outside of Lonzo) are short and not overly lengthy. UNC on the other hand has wings who can give UK some problems. Guarantee they also don't double team Adebayo because they will see what UCLA did (Bam scored 2 points) and make him beat them instead of Fox.

On the other end, I'm still operating under the assumption that the way to beat UNC is to make them play in the half court and make shots. Jackson can go off, but they aren't loaded with shooters all over. Also, go right at Berry and make him guard. If he gets in foul trouble, their team is a shell of what they are with him out there. The glass is obviously key as they can kill you there. It will take a team commitment to rebounding, especially from Briscoe and Willis.

Reactions: KWilt43atbuzz
UCLA was really stupid. They doubled Bam and didn't guard Fox...their defense was really soft....since December we got better they didn't.

Their defensive plan wasn't stupid at all. They tried to take away Bam and Monk and make the others beat them. If UK had tried to force the force the ball into Bam more (like UK has done this year) there would of been a lot more Turnovers. Also, they sagged off Hawkins and he made them pay but Hawkins just had a really hot night. It's a worthy gamble bc Hawkins is not a great shooter.

I give UK a ton of credit. They didn't force a lot last night and played a great defensive game. Both teams had the right idea going into the game, UK just executed better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT