ADVERTISEMENT

Will Rondo finish his career in NBA top 10 all-time assists?

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
Currently, he has 4,534 career assists. He turns 29 years-old in about a month. If he stays healthy this year at his current rate of 10 assists/game, he will finish this season with around 4,900 assists (assuming he misses a few games here and there).

From that point on, even if Rondo only plays 50 games a season at 8 assists per game, here is what his totals will look like...

29-30 years old: 5,300 assists
30-31 years old: 5,700 assists
31-32 years old: 6,100 assists
32-33 years old: 6,500 assists
33-34 years old: 6,900 assists
34-35 years old: 7,300 assists
35-36 years old: 7,700 assists
36-37 years old: 8,100 assists (at this point, he'd be on the top 10 list).

*Rod Strickland is currently #10 and has almost 8,000 career assists. Chris Paul, still active, will likely be in the top 10 if he stays in good health as well. He currently has around 6,400 career assists, which is impressive. He's had great health the majority of his career.

Again, this is if Rondo only averages 50 games a season at 8 assists per game over the next eight years. If he stays in even better health, he could enter the top 10 even sooner.

This post was edited on 1/5 10:25 PM by Son_Of_Saul

Rondo is an all time great...he's on a path to be one of the best guards to play the game...

Not sure why the Celtics got rid of him...I know they are in post "big 3" era rebuilding mode...but they could have easily used Rondo as the solid and established foundation that he was and built around him by bringing in some more comparable talent...a new "big 3"...

Rondo is great in that he can be the star, but also can play with stars...he can drop 30 when he has to...but he can also grab 12 boards, dish out 15 dimes, and grab a couple steals, and let other folks get the buckets and the spotlight...which I why I think he would be perfect with a Lebron and Love, or a Carmelo, or a Durant...

Wow, hard to believe Rondo will only crack the top 10 in 8 more years if he plays well. I had always imagined he would be top 5 by the time he was done. I assume John Stockton is #1? Or Magic Johnson maybe?

Wow, after looking it up, how impressive of a career did John Stockton have? Leads the league all time in Assists, and Steals.
This post was edited on 1/5 10:21 AM by Dreklie

His stats were based on if Rondo only played 50 games for the next 8 years and only averaged 8 assist.

rondo has always been my favorite cat to watch in the nba. his game is so unique. he can do crazy stuff with the ball all in the flow of the game. he can't threaten to shoot so he threatens to pass, with crazy spin and accuracy, palming the ball at the elbow waiting to hit a moving target. he may be one of the best lead passers ever too. his ability on the break and especially the secondary break to get his team a wide open set shot is second to none ever. i've not seen any better at that except maybe larry bird and i'm serious.

ADVERTISEMENT