ADVERTISEMENT

Will Richards actually start over Travis?

Richards over Travis?

• Total voters

Wall2Boogie

All-American
Jan 28, 2010
I know this is exhibition play and there are maybe 3 guys set in stone to start. I think quickly is making a statement showing that he may win the starting job but a lot can change for everyone between now and our first game of the year. Obviously Johnson, Washington, and green start. I also think if Johnson wasn’t here, Herro would start and play 39+ mins per game.That said, Richards has been the most impressive player so far and the progress he’s made is undeniable. Is there any chance he starts over Travis? I want the best player starting, while Richards may have more upside, Travis has the talent as well as experience to help the young guys along, especially in crunch time when games come down to the wire. Everyone here has said Travis didn’t transfer here to sit the bench, so I ask is there anyway in hell he doesn’t start?

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
Travis needs to start. Richards off the bench Getting loads of minutes and you can play them together too.

Herro needs to start also.

I’m going to have to see Richards go against some fierce competition before I totally buy what I’m seeing.

Don't think who starts matters that much. Travis will start, having a guy like Richards coming off the bench is ridiculous and he can excel at that role.

Travis needs to start. Richards off the bench Getting loads of minutes and you can play them together too.

I’m going to have to see Richards go against some fierce competition before I totally buy what I’m seeing.

Pretty clear cal will start him.

I agree, I think it’s going to be mighty tough for cal to not start Herro. If he doesn’t start which he most likely won’t, he better player starter minutes, as he can play at the 2 or the 3. If Johnson or green aren’t playing well early you put in Herro right away. Every time he shoots it I believe it’s going in. We got so lucky stealing him away from Wisconsin

I agree, I think it’s going to be mighty tough for cal to not start Herro. If he doesn’t start which he most likely won’t, he better player starter minutes, as he can play at the 2 or the 3. If Johnson or green aren’t playing well early you put in Herro right away. Every time he shoots it I believe it’s going in. We got so lucky stealing him away from Wisconsin

Not starting Herro and giving him the edge is ridiculous and if he was a top 10 recruit he’d be starting. That’s a fact.

I had a sneaking suspicion Cal might start Richards again this year just for confidence reasons and to roll the dice (his ceiling is very high even if his floor is very low). But after watching three games, it's hard to think Richards doesn't deserve to start. He looks poised for a major breakout season.

I don’t believe Cal will start a lineup with no one taller than 6’8 barring injuries.
Travis has proven especially last yr it doesn’t matter what size his man is he can play against him. He destroyed Ayton twice. Plus he is very quick. Pj will start regardless. He didn’t come back to come off the bench.

Calipari is very competitive. He wants to win the opening tip. Nick gives the team the best chance to win the tip. Therefore he will start the game.

Reactions: Cattrumpeter
to be honest, its really hard to see who will start.

However, NR is growing every time he plays now because he's got such a positive mind set now.

We have four guards that are playing out of their minds. KJ and PJ has both been monsters.

I think the starting line up you seen last 3 games are kind of what you'll see. I know first game was different, but i think last two games been the same.

Not starting Herro and giving him the edge is ridiculous and if he was a top 10 recruit he’d be starting. That’s a fact.
I agree but you and I both know that’s not the case. Rankings aside, he can come in and do what most can’t ehich is provide immediate offense especially if we are down and need a few 3s.

I agree but you and I both know that’s not the case. Rankings aside, he can come in and do what most can’t ehich is provide immediate offense especially if we are down and need a few 3s.

If Ryan Herro wasn’t who he is and was a top ten recruit there would be no question he’d be a starter and it wouldn’t even be a topic. That’s a fact.

I’m not sure it matters much.
To us it doesn’t, but for an 18 yr old that had been the man his whole life to suddenly coming off the bench playing limited minutes it does. Luckily cal can point to guys like booker, when players get upset about pt.

I may be wrong but if Herro doesn’t start another couple of guys who weren’t in the top 10 in their classes would be starting over him. Like quickely, green, Washington, Richards, Travis, and hagans

I may be wrong but if Herro doesn’t start another couple of guys who weren’t in the top 10 in their classes would be starting over him. Like quickely, green, Washington, Richards, Travis, and hagans

All of those players outrank Tyler Herro.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Regardless if he starts or not! He’ll get plenty of time on the floor. He’ll get drafted first round regardless!

If Ryan Herro wasn’t who he is and was a top ten recruit there would be no question he’d be a starter and it wouldn’t even be a topic. That’s a fact.
I agree, I think the competition he played against in high school hurt his rankings and of course the fact he’s white doesn’t help either which is sad. If you traded his ranking spot with Keldon he would start. If he would of been a mcds all American that may of changed it as well. Like I said though that shouldn’t even matter, the guy should start anyways. Had Herro went to puke he would of been a top 5 recruit. He’s every bit as good and will be better than kennard was.

I don't believe he has missed a mid range jumper yet. Luck, really! lol

These exhibitions are nice, not only do you get to see a preview of the team we also get to see what threads will be seeing after every game this year....many which will be “Why is Cal not starting Herro?”

T
These exhibitions are nice, not only do you get to see a preview of the team we also get to see what threads will be seeing after every game this year....many which will be “Why is Cal not starting Herro?”
its August. A lot will change over the next 3 months. Some kids will get even better than they are right now, which is a scary thought. The important thing is they will be able to gel together even more. Which is crazy as you watch them now, you would think they have been playing together for years now.

ADVERTISEMENT