ADVERTISEMENT

Will Pitino Ever Coach Again

MrHotDice

All-American
Nov 1, 2002
He just turned 65 and I’m sure the next two years will be in court with him trying to get back his good name. Is he done?

Maybe the NBA will look at him.

Opinions?..

NCAA might put a restriction on him before all this is over. So I think his days at a major D1 program are done. Maybe an NBA team will hire him as a scout or consultant. ESPN, CBS, Fox, etc. might hire him as a studio analyst after the heat on him and Stripper U dies down.

Reactions: awf
He just turned 65 and I’m sure the next two years will be in court with him trying to get back his good name. Is he done?

Opinions?..
I wonder if even Donovan would want him around as a NBA assistant given how much has been revealed about his character.

I think he will try. His ego is much too big and he has such a high opinion of himself that I don't think he'll let this be the end, if he can help it.

Opinions?..

The NBA hasn't wanted Rick for a while. And even though the dopes around the program all thought he was "l1c4" Rick was always looking for a better opportunity. He's run out of road and he'll disappear for a while after he gets his settlement. Probably spend time writing another book.

Any AD with any common sense would not hire Pitino. Everybody knows he knew about the Strippers and Hookers and everybody knows he had payments made to at least to one player. Pitino just needs to go away and hope he is not stripped of his HOF designation.

Nope. Maybe if he was younger a mid-major would pick him up after a few years. But he’s damaged goods now. The only schools that would hire him are schools his ego would never let him go to.

I would be shocked if he didn't coach somewhere. It's already been said a couple times in this thread, but his ego is too big to go out like this.

Reactions: KFuqua
He's finished. I'm not even sure after a couple years when the dust finally settles that ESPN would try to bring him on as an analyst. His reputation is completely tarnished and he won't be able to show his face in the public spotlight like that again.

If he does analyst work he can teach others from his mistakes.

You need a fall guy.

I think someone will take a flier on him. Now I'm not sure if Pitino would think he deserves better than say a St. Johns or Seaton Hall type job.
It also depends on how long a show cause he gets.

I don't think the NCAA will allow,and they always get it right.

College and pros hire cheaters, I'm sure he will get an offer from somewhere, if he does maybe it will be in Egypt or somewhere like that.

I kinda agree that he's done. To be sure, there will always be athletic directors who will succumb to the pressure to produce winning programs, and Pitino certainly can do that. But like the cbs article said, a President or Chancellor will have to sign off on the choice, and that's hard to see. Maybe some small place. He's 65, anyway

More interesting is what this does to his tv career. I think everyone thought that was the next logical move. But the first thing that comes to mind when someone hears the word "Pitino" now is some combination of hookers in dorms and payments to players and FBI and sting and corruption. That doesn't make for a high Q rating. It's especially counter to what ESPN wants to stand for these days.

Reactions: JasonS.
I'm just waiting for the Pitino interview inside Vanny Woodhead.

4289043293001_5418702281001_5418700727001-vs.jpg

He will be on CBS next year for their NCAA telecast. Maybe move over to ESJWPN later. The first rule of being a SJW is that SJ always takes a back seat to accumulating power.

Rick Pitino wins games. Period. That's all that matters to a desperate program and a desperate university.

People seem to forget how willing people are to swallow their pride and morality in society today so long as a person of significance is viewed to be "on their side".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT