ADVERTISEMENT

Will Cal's legacy be as good as that of Joe B. Hall?

Everybody knows the legacy of Joe B. Hall. He was Rupp's assistant and then became the head coach and won a title. Then he retired and became one of the Commonwealth's most popular guys. He even had a radio show with Denny Crum, that's how likeable he was. When he died this year he was mourned by UK fans across the nation. He was huge into fishing and was the nicest guy I ever had the opportunity to converse with.

When he was forcibly retired he didn't make any noise about it. He just played the cards he was dealt with class and grace. But he was and always will be a Kentucky Wildcat. He was all about the Big Blue, all the time.

Coach Cal has been gifted a lifetime contract. He may very well coach the rest of this decade. When his time is ended at UK, one way or another, how will he be remembered, how will he be treated? Does his propensity to put the university second or third in his list of priorities tarnish his legacy here in Kentucky? Will he move or will he stay? Is he truly a Kentucky Wildcat?
It is an insult to compare Coach Hall to Cal. Joe B. was all about Kentucky. Cal was all about Cal.

I've been told by those of age that had social media existed back then Hall would have def be getting ripped as bad as Cal and prob worse.

I agree with Joe B. Hall when he's said 10 years is about the right time to spend here.

I go back to Rupp and NOBODY has caught as much flak as Cal. Not Hall, not Tubby not even BCG. Actually I don't remember a coach at any school taking as much crap as Cal is on this board. Joe B. was born a Wildcat, died one and will always be looked on more favorably than Cal no matter what Cal does the rest of his time here and rightly so.
GTFO Tubby? Dude there were websites dedicated to him being fired. It's strongly rumored that fans put for sale signs in his yard. The man left under cover of darkness, literally. Who other than fans on this board has been putting pressure on Cal? I have it on good authority from bassfan that the fans here have zero voice.

begok will be remembered as the con man who quit his "day job" to become a social activist after his melt down with the 2015 UK team.

His wonderful UK record from 2010 to 2015 will be blurred by his decision to place UK wins and titles far down his list of importance, a distant priority.

begok will be remembered for spitting in the face of UK fans while coach--and placed below the peeboy who spit in the face of UK with his stint at the smell college of disgrace.

begok USED and abused barnie to garner a lifetime deal that allows the total destruction of the RUPP legacy and UK history by using his position to further his personal NEED to be recognized for helping others USE UK to achieve their ambitions at the EXPENSE of UK, UK history and UK fans.

rr
What does begok mean?

Edit:. Nevermind, I see. That's really clever, better than your blmbrooks nickname.

ADVERTISEMENT