ADVERTISEMENT

Why we lost, only some of this is on Cal

Oct 30, 2009
The game became a tight, grind it out, every possession counts St. Peters kind of game, here's why we lost.

1. Fredrick and Reeves could not hit from outside (3 for 14) (some say Cal's fault for not playing Reeves more, not me, those guys produced like Tyty and Grandad at St Peters)
2. Missed Free throws. (not really Cal's fault unless you want to say he should have drawn up play for Fredrick to get inbounds when they were gonna foul, maybe he should have)
3. Two out of bounds tie score dunks. (Cal's fault, after last year having this problem he should have preached MAKE SURE TO KEEP YOURSELF BETWEEN MAN AND BASKET and he should have switched out Fredrick for stronger defensive player)
4. Turnovers at end of game. Wallace had two lazy passes, and a third TO pass for a break away dunk Oscar should have controlled. (not Cal's fault)
5. Wheeler makes bad decisions at crunch time. (this is becoming a habit, will be Cal's fault if he keeps going to that well) (also his not calling timeouts to set up plays at end of games isn't working)
6. We left big white kid open. (Cal somewhat responsible in not getting that fixed, MS was much better at closing out 3 point shooters than us)
7. Refs, I think they called weird stuff all night and we got stung with bad calls at end (Oscar grabbing ball away, getting called for moving pic) (not Cal's fault)

This game could have gone either way, but the above is why it didn't go our way, and there's some thing Cal could have done better (and I'm a Cal guy)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT