ADVERTISEMENT

Why Keep the Recruiting Forum?

The-Hack

All-American
Oct 1, 2016
About twice a year, now, I go to it, just to see if there's anything fresh.

One of the first 6 or 7 threads there has a dissing of Coach Stoops after the Southern Miss game . . . . that's how outdated the discussions have become.

Wonder if bandwidth/costs could be saved by recognizing that all real recruiting news and discussions happen on the football forum, anyhow.

The death of the recruiting forum was a multi-year thing, but it is now as dead as a doornail.

Reactions: RV2 and mattrudd

One of the first 6 or 7 threads there has a dissing of Coach Stoops after the Southern Miss game . . . . that's how outdated the discussions have become.

Wonder if bandwidth/costs could be saved by recognizing that all real recruiting news and discussions happen on the football forum, anyhow.

The death of the recruiting forum was a multi-year thing, but it is now as dead as a doornail.
QFT

I haven't looked at the football or basketball recruiting forums in a very long time. In the way past they did seem to serve a function but everything just appears on the Lair or Rafters that you need to know about each sport. Don't see any need for those recruiting forums at all as the OP is right, they are way out of date and of no real use.

The recruiting forums are like closets.

That's where we hide our crap.

Guess I gave up on it before you did. Forgive my failing memory but our dearly departed poster Andy ------ kept it alive single handedly for quite a while, we really miss him.

I don't see the point for the bball recruiting and football recruiting forums. Both are hardly used.

At one time the basketball one was needed. Recruiting news had a habit of getting lost on another page because of how fast the board moved. I think there is much more recruiting info out there now so it isn't missed on the main board anymore. Of course you can't have one for basketball and not for football or you upset the football fans. Both boards have probably outlived their usefulness.

I tend to agree. It has been a long time since I have been to the recruiting forums other than by my own fat-finger mistakes. Unless you are going to move all recruiting discussions to the recruiting forums, to me, it makes little business sense to have them. For recruiting (other than the information on HOB and the free boards would it be a good idea to use the recruiting boards to the national recruiting boards?

Maybe even change one to be an "Olympics Sports" board. Just seems to me a waste to have two boards which are rarely visited. Unless, of course, it is a Rivals requirement.

Really it doesn't eat or drink anything,cost is reasonable.

There is a thread over there entitled "test." I encourage everyone to go to that thread and "like" AndyPop's post.

There is a thread over there entitled "test." I encourage everyone to go to that thread and "like" AndyPop's post.

Been there, did that.

Andy was an amazing person that brought us a lot of news, a great story about him on here toward the end, he wrote and fought until the end.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
I think the Georgia Tech prediction thread should be eliminated also. It makes this forum look stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT