ADVERTISEMENT

Why doesnt Cal explain and go into detail about his players injuries?

Big Cat fan

Senior
Oct 29, 2007
Like most coaches do. For instance I like to know what Wheelers injury is. Does he have a mcl sprain? Or if it's his ankle, what kind of injury. What did the dr give for a time table. What's clean up for Oscar? Why did he have to get that done.? What are his drs telling him when he visits them each week about it? when can be truly play? In the NFL it is even a rule coaches have to say the injury and how long they are out. I guess Cal feels the need to never let us know anything.

• Haha
Reactions: kybassfan
Like most coaches do. For instance I like to know what Wheelers injury is. Does he have a mcl sprain? Or if it's his ankle, what kind of injury. What did the dr give for a time table. What's clean up for Oscar? Why did he have to get that done.? What are his drs telling him when he visits them each week about it? when can be truly play? In the NFL it is even a rule coaches have to say the injury and how long they are out. I guess Cal feels the need to never let us know anything.
You aren't entitled to know any of that. You know it's his knee, you know he is day to day. If that isn't enough, tough shit.

I think when they get hurt he turns them over to the medical people and let's them handle getting them back as soon as possible and stays out of it because he usually says he hasn't seen or talked to them. Think he must just take that off his table of stuff to worry about and focuses on what he has to work with. JMO

Kind of concerned about OT after hearing Cal say they did not have to do the operation. He may hold him for a long time after giving him that advise to have the operation. If he comes back and tweaks something from the operation..... sure he doesn't want that on him so no telling when we might see OT.

I think when they get hurt he turns them over to the medical people and let's them handle getting them back as soon as possible and stays out of it because he usually says he hasn't seen or talked to them. Think he must just take that off his table of stuff to worry about and focuses on what he has to work with. JMO
As calculated as Cal is? Eh. I don’t see that.

Here’s why. ITS NONE OF OUR BUSINESS. Saying he’s out is enough. Just because you are a fan doesn’t entitle you to know specifics of an 18-22 year olds health.

If Oscar says he's ready to play and the Doctor clears him, then he should play. We've been told all along from Cal that it was a minor surgery, no big deal which at the time concerned me and now, the longer this drags out, even concerns me more but we're talking about Oscar and his goal is to win a national championship so if he's ready by god play him.

Coaches don’t do that stuff. That’s for all the sports talk clowns. It is no one’s business but the patient. I’m sure Calipari and staff are compliant in hearing info about players but it’s not info to share with the general public.

Reactions: chattanoogawildcat
Typical Ed and Bass answers. Why are you all always so hateful?

Hey snowflake..........simply stated it's the truth. Sorry if that seems hateful to you. I mean the same people (not saying you are one of them), but they ask the same stuff and for some unGodly reason think it's going to magically change. Calipari is NOT going to give complete and uncensored details on injuries, or many the strategic details. It jus ain't happening. Stop doing the same things and expecting different results. That is a definition of uh, oh wait, what is it.............yeah, CRAZY !!

Reactions: chattanoogawildcat
Hey snowflake..........simply stated it's the truth. Sorry if that seems hateful to you. I mean the same people (not saying you are one of them), but they ask the same stuff and for some unGodly reason think it's going to magically change. Calipari is NOT going to give complete and uncensored details on injuries, or many the strategic details. It jus ain't happening. Stop doing the same things and expecting different results. That is a definition of uh, oh wait, what is it.............yeah, CRAZY !!
Whatever Billy Joe Bob Jr. Mind your own business. I wasn't talking to you.

Here’s why. ITS NONE OF OUR BUSINESS. Saying he’s out is enough. Just because you are a fan doesn’t entitle you to know specifics of an 18-22 year olds health.
Baloney. They ain't amateurs anymore. When Sam Bowie got hurt everyone knew the details. Derek Anderson got hurt. The details were known. Nerlens Noel injury, same thing.

Now, all of a sudden, we can't know. Garbage. It's Cal. Plain and simple.

to piss people like you off

Baloney. They ain't amateurs anymore. When Sam Bowie got hurt everyone knew the details. Derek Anderson got hurt. The details were known. Nerlens Noel injury, same thing.

Now, all of a sudden, we can't know. Garbage. It's Cal. Plain and simple.
You'd never make it as a hockey fan. All you ever get out of the NHL teams are phrases like "lower body injury" and "upper body injury."
Sam Bowie and Derek Anderson were before HIPAA; Nerlens Noel was after but the world has changed a lot since then in terms of players' rights vs. your right-to-know. Now HIPAA probably doesn't apply to coaches based on the articles I've read, but a lot of coaches think it does (or use it as a smokescreen)... but what it ultimately comes down to is this: Why do you deserve to know and why do you want to know?

You'd never make it as a hockey fan. All you ever get out of the NHL teams are phrases like "lower body injury" and "upper body injury."
Sam Bowie and Derek Anderson were before HIPAA; Nerlens Noel was after but the world has changed a lot since then in terms of players' rights vs. your right-to-know. Now HIPAA probably doesn't apply to coaches based on the articles I've read, but a lot of coaches think it does (or use it as a smokescreen)... but what it ultimately comes down to is this: Why do you deserve to know and why do you want to know?
Unless you gamble you don’t need to know. Says more about the person crying to know than UK.

Maybe Cal should do a Powerpoint with Oscar and Wheeler's x-rays. Why not provide copies of their urine screenings to know if their prostates are OK? Do any of them have toe fungus we should know about? Jock itch? Are they getting enough calcium? When they take their Flintstones vitamins do they prefer the Wilma or the Betty? Did they finish all their vegetables with their dinner before you let them have dessert?

Now, all of a sudden, we can't know. Garbage. It's Cal. Plain and simp
Nobody knew the details when Sam got hurt. Hell, his own doctors weren't able to predict a return. When Anderson got hurt, there was a lot of bullshit, but very few facts. Nerlens, different story. Hard to hide an injury so bad you damn near put a toe in your nuts on national TV.

Bottom line is that you have ABSOUTELY NO BUSINESS in the player's business. If you need to know that bad, you gamble too much.

I can’t wait until someone inevitably cites HIPAA, lol
Why couldn't it be hippa related? Cal can only know what either the doctors/other medical personnel or Sahvir tell him. The doctors/medical personnel can't legally say anything with Sahvir's permission or disclosure. Cal certainly isn't going to share a players private information without their permission.

Why couldn't it be hippa related? Cal can only know what either the doctors/other medical personnel or Sahvir tell him. The doctors/medical personnel can't legally say anything with Sahvir's permission or disclosure. Cal certainly isn't going to share a players private information without their permission.
Y’all are goofy as hell to think it has anything at all to do with HIPAA … it’s just not.

It can be HIPPA related. Anyone that says otherwise is an ignorant jerk. Further, Cal is perfectly within his rights not divulging personal info on ethical grounds. Lastly, no fan or media person has even a skid mark’s claim to the medical status of a players. These gambling fanatics have been pissing and moaning over this for years. Cal sticks it in their ear. It’s funny.

Reactions: AE82 and Graham51
All of the injury information you want is in the team newsletter. You have to be signed up to get it though. I'd give you the link but then Id have to kill you.

What doctor doesn't give a timetable after an operation? It's not his hippa rights, they are Sahvir's. By law, no one but Sahvir can release that information.

That's not true.
For example, if I know I can say it without repercussion.

"The Privacy Rule applies only to covered entities. Many organizations that use, collect, access, and disclose individually identifiable health information will not be covered entities, and thus, will not have to comply with the Privacy Rule."

The easy answer is why would Cal, or any coach, give out information they don't have to that opponents could then use to make better game plans?

ADVERTISEMENT