ADVERTISEMENT

Why did The Cats' Pause moves its site from Rivals to 247?

Robcatt24

♩♪♫♬♭♮♯°ø؂≠≭
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2005
Been what, about 3 years ago now? Longer?

I'm assuming TCP thought it would be more money.

But man, that site is an absolute ghost town.

Is Darrell Bird still the main man over there?

The board there won't even let you post a topic (or recently even a response) unless you're a paid subscriber...Cats Pause is the worst kind of sellout!! At least the online part.

The board there won't even let you post a topic (or recently even a response) unless you're a paid subscriber...Cats Pause is the worst kind of sellout!! At least the online part.
If by worst part of sell out you mean they make 0dollars, you sir are correct

They chased the money........ 247 offered a more lucrative deal. I cant say if they made a mistake for 100% certain because we cant see their revenue from ads or subscribers but one has to think its less ...

Sometimes its not best to follow the quick buck.... they thought we'd all follow them there and underestimated how set in our ways humanity is... take for example... carls jr bought hardees and its the same food... changed the name out here in the midwest from hardees to carls jr and they lost money... changed it back to hardees and back to business as usual... creatures of habit is what we are.. so take that into consideration if you ever have to make a decision that deals with consumers like that.

sometimes I remember there's a board on scout, been years since I checked it

CBS sport which owns 247 bought Scout sometime ago. The scout boards and the 247 boards are on the same platform now and have basically been merged together. For example if the Louisville scout site and 247 site are now one site.

Reactions: loublue22
My understanding was that it was not The Cat's Pause' decision to leave the Rivals network, it was Rivals deciding they simply didn't need The Cat's Pause anymore. Hence, Cat's Illustrated. However, my memory may not be 100% on this.

If by worst part of sell out you mean they make 0dollars, you sir are correct

Oh yes, the classic strawman.

I never said at all they couldn't make money (on things like their yearbook and ads on their webpage and such; the way it'd normally be done) but charging people just to post or make topics on their forum is crossing the fine and is just plain tacky. Imagine if for some reason this forum got the same idea...where would us UK fans go?

Reactions: FrankUnderwood

Darrell Bird is a writer in OKC and covers the Thunder now.

Oh yes, the classic strawman.

I never said at all they couldn't make money (on things like their yearbook and ads on their webpage and such; the way it'd normally be done) but charging people just to post or make topics on their forum is crossing the fine and is just plain tacky. Imagine if for some reason this forum got the same idea...where would us UK fans go?
I was saying no one signed up

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Yep, the old layout/interface of Cats Pause was better. I liked being able to see the star rating of incoming Football/Basketball recruits to the lower left corner instead of having to navigate to it.

I liked the old scout site. Way less angry and bitter posters when I went there. Of course there were only like six people total but had some good discussions.

I actually joined TOS before I joined this site. In my mind, the turning point came after the 2015 FF loss to Wisconsin. Following that loss, a whole bunch of cretins from other fan bases come to the 247 board to dog UK and our fans. If you're familiar with their up/down voting, some of these other posters ended up with 30+ up votes per post, and UK posters ended up with -20+ down votes.

Following that debacle and the outcry from UK posters that followed, they soon pretty much shut off the ability to post to paying members only. You can't even start your own thread like you can here. About the only way I can ever post on there anymore is on a thread started by one of the mods, and even that is hit or miss.

There are posters and mods over on TOS that I like and respect, but they are pretty much in a death spiral. Why should I pay money to post in a ghost town. All that being said, I have been pretty happy with the Rivals site 99% of the time, which is pretty damn good.

ADVERTISEMENT