ADVERTISEMENT

Why did some fans get mad when Bamba & TraeYoung decided to go elsewhere.

Jul 23, 2002
I have seen some fans post negative things which to me is not even necessary.Those young men have a right to choose where they would like to attend college. But when they don't pick Kentucky it's oh we didn't need him anyway or so and so is better then him. Let it go move on Kentucky will still get their fair share of 5 star recruits regardless.

Reactions: JC43 and DanDrungus
I agree with you in principle but I don't see a problem with saying "we didn't need him" about any recruit unless we actually have a bad class and needed a guy. Which doesn't apply this year.

i have not seen any posts where people got mad
i have seen some that were disappointed
every fanbase has fans say we did not need him or so-so is better
Duke fans are saying that exact thing over Knox picking UK

i really see no point in you making this thread
if i could down vote it i would

I have seen some fans post negative things which to me is not even necessary.Those young men have a right to choose where they would like to attend college. But when they don't pick Kentucky it's oh we didn't need him anyway or so and so is better then him. Let it go move on Kentucky will still get their fair share of 5 star recruits regardless.

It's just a fans way of rationalizing things when they don't go the way they want them to.

If they keep saying well we don't need player X anyways it somehow lessens the blow of him picking another school.

If you're saying someone bashed then that's uncalled for but if it's just the things mentioned below that's fine:

Just like Duke, UNC & every other fanbase does the same. It's ok to be positive & say we'll be fine without them. And yes it's ok to discuss the thinking behind the decision.

We wish them all well but all the above is ok.

No problem at all with them going elsewhere. They need to feel comfortable with the school and coaches to be successful. I wish them both well.

Like this post is unnecessary

Trae Young's name hasn't been brought up here in months outside of an occassional mention in certain threads. He sat on his offer and when Cal realized he could get Green he focused in on him. Young got left in the cold. It's his fault he's not in this class but I don't think anyones losing any sleep over it.

Bamba's decision was disappointing but I've read no bashing just primarily people questioning his rational.

Reactions: crittel56
I don't know what you have been reading but I haven't seen much bashing at all.I can't even remember Young being mentioned and mostly the Bamba talk is just people can't understand picking Texas over UK.

Because it's fun to be passionate about it and get mad when it doesn't go our way. No problem with it just don't go over the line (tweeting harsh things at recruit, etc)

The more good players you have on your team the better your odds of winning are. Fans of a particular team (in this example Kentucky) want the team they root for to win. If a recruit chooses another team it decreases your odds of winning, therefore causing some fans to become upset.

I've never tweeted in my life. Probably never will. I just don't understand the draw to this constant social media crap. Does everyone have to know what everyone else is constantly doing? It's beyond me.

Reactions: UKrazycat2
Because we're fans and want the best talent possible on our favorite team every season. Also, most people in general don't handle rejection very well.

Saying that they might win 20 games this year isn't being salty it's being real. Shaka is one of the most overrated coaches in the country. Same goes for young.

The problem is smooth is that we have some idiot fans who post dumb things and can be irrational at times. How ya been smooth?

Because our fans are spoiled...back in the tubby/Billy days we would have given anything for a player like Nick Richards. Now some of our fans act like he's a scrub and we're barely an NIT team without Bamba.

Lol I'm good and yourself. I'm going to check out Immanuel Quickley this season he is from my area in Maryland.
Well glad you asked. We had to put down my best cock. We called him mr McNuggets. Unfortunately, his fightin days are over. He's going from stable to table. When you eat chicken tonight please say a prayer for mr McNuggets

The black guy wins in every cock fight I've ever seen.

Anyway, nobody complained about Trae Young. He waited too long and lost his spot.

That's what fans do OP. I'm still not sure what team you are a fan of but I seriously doubt it is UK with your bizarre threads on the daily on here.

ADVERTISEMENT