ADVERTISEMENT

Why did NO have a rookie out there playing FS on that final pass play????

Being a rookie doesn't really explain that blunder IMO. All he had to do was tackle him, and you don't have to be a 15 year NFL veteran to know that tackling someone is the right play in that situation.

Reactions: JDHoss
Looked like he missed him on purpose thinking he was there early

If he waits for the catch it just depends if Diggs can get out of bounds. 4 seconds when he caught it.

Unbelievable ending.

Wanna do what ifs then why not have Brees pass for the FD on 3rd down.

Reactions: Jim Sauer
Being a rookie doesn't really explain that blunder IMO. All he had to do was tackle him, and you don't have to be a 15 year NFL veteran to know that tackling someone is the right play in that situation.

Yeah...pretty much. You've made an NFL roster, and I'm guessing that his coaches thought he had the common sense to simply make a tackle.

Vikings have been on those plays going the other way in the past. Finally one went their way. [banana]

Or an Alabama loss...or a UGA loss...or a UT loss...or a Michigan loss....or a....well...you get the point. It's not an exclusive club.....

I guess my point was the feeling many of us have that Kentucky often finds ways to steal defeat from the jaws of victory....

Reactions: ekywildcat
Dude obviously thought he would've been there early, which would've resulted in pass interference, giving the Vikings a shot at a field goal.

It's easy to watch the replay and say "just tackle him", but those decisions happen nearly instantly. It happens too fast to really process fully.

I'm just wondering why they had to run that last play at all. Like... It was totally unnecessary.

I'm betting NO coaches told them to not interfere, and just let them catch the ball and then tackle in bounds. Being too cautious about a penalty cost them.

He was out there because Lattimore is their shut down man....one of those rookie of the year guys.
Heartbreaker for New Orleans, but redemption for some looooooooong suffering Minnesota folk.

My dad has been a Vikings fan since 1965. I was a Favre fan and we came together for the 2009 NFL season...

So yeah... what happened tonight felt a little good.

He totally wiffed on the tackle. Head down, trying not to knock him out of bounds. Terrible defensr.

Sort of like a certain unnamed coach that told pelphrey and feldhaus not to foul!

I would have gave you two likes for that if I could have, between that and not guarding Grant Hill, I don't understand how Pitino went so brain dead. Oh well, back to football.

That TD was the best play I've watched since Auburn ran back the missed FG against 'bama in the 2013 Iron Bowl.

The waters are parting for Brady and the Patriots. Big Ben and Drew B. are two QB's that might have gone toe to toe with Brady and they both lose heart breakers. I don't see the QBs left in the play-offs being up to that standard.

ADVERTISEMENT